Home

I'm not sure

legameboy

I'm not sure if you can base a game's value on whether you can run it on your system.

If you're really unsure, you could do the following

1)Wait it out. Check reviews, player's opinions. This is a bit more difficult for MMORPGs since typically aren't the most stable games right out the door.

2)Purchase it and give it a try. There's a 30 day free trial, no? This may not be the most plausible option due to cost.

I can't comment that it will be awesome because of Point A or Point B. I'm not allowing myself to get too excited and create an unreasonable expectation that no game could meet.

I just built a new system. Baasically, what I would do to see if your cpu can handle SWG is to look at other games that have recently come out; that will give you a general idea. For example, see if your machine can handle Unreal II or Unreal Tourney 2003. I for one do not think that the monthly fee will be abnormally lare, for that matter I think that it'll be competitive with the other MMO's out there.

I think the payments will be a lot like EQ- seeing how Verant and SOE are running it. So, payments may be in this format:

1 month - $12.95

3 Months - $30.00

6 Months - ect.

They will accept all major credit cards, i for one have used my debit visa card for payments. Also, I believe that EQ sells prepaid cards, but I'm not sure if that will be available upon release.

legameboy:

If you are so worried about your system, what is your system. Give specs. I think we are all pretty much in agreeance on what we think the system specs will be. I would assume:

Processor: 1GHz or higher

System memory: 256MB or better

Graphics card: At least a 64MB card most likely

Sound: I don't really think this is that important, but others do.

Modem: 56k+, preferably Cable or DSL for better ping rates

Assuming your PC meets these requirements, you should be fine. This is of course all speculation as no one really knows, but I think this should be about right. Although they may require a 1.5MHz processor as that is the average.

heres my system:

Processor: 2.39 GHz

System memory: 512 RAM

Graphics Card: Geforce 4 Ti 4600 (maximum memory 128 mb)

Sound: Creative Labs

Modem: Comcast Cable (download speed: 1829kps) (upload speed: 182kps)

I'll be fine right? I do really hope the game comes out with a prepaid card too. :D

Thank you,

Legameboy:jawa

Lol- your cpu is fine, like JR said.

Also, if you think about it, you really are paying for the first month. They include that in the price for the game. So, really you aren't getting it for free, they are just telling you that to give you a better reason to charge us $49.99- but it's the market and most game bear that price anyways.

Little joke about free stuff that I made up. "So, I was looking in the classified, and I saw 'free parachute no strings attached'. Wonder if that's true?" Lol- I copy-writed it!

Yes, definetely, you will be fine. Nice set-up BTW, though, if you can afford it and are seeking better graphics, a DX9 compatible card will probably improve your SWG experience as they will be using a lot of DX9 features from my understanding. They said that the game will include an install disk for DX9, it's a sign I think. Thank the heavens for ATI and Sapphire and the 9500. Also, thanks to newegg.com for the cheap price, $171. I recently upgraded mine for this game, but now I find myself using the added power for other things. :(

I might look into upgrading my processor though, I think the 1.5GHz is holding me back a bit, though my motherboard will only support a 2GHz P4. Oh well, I still have 640MB of RAMBUS and a Radeon 9500. ;P

alright, thats good, oh and good joke Unfrozen, ive sorta figured out something, i went to Costco one day the had a couple of new computer games, i saw that all of the computer games that were there were like $40 instead of the usual $50, but then i looked at a MMORPG and it was the normal $50, so you are right

oh, and i have DX9 on my computer so i dont need to worry 'bout that

You would have to buy a new one. The only ones that currently can be purchased that support it are:

1)ATI Radeon 9700 ($300+)

2)The little known Sapphire ATI Radeon 9500 ($170+)

It won't be a necessity obviously.

Has anyone noticed drastic changes in performance after upgrading to DX9? Prior to my card upgrade and the addition of DX9 I was able to run NWN with only a little lag every now and then, with the occasional freeze. After DX9 I couldn't take five steps in the game. Now it runs phenomenal, but I attribute that to the upgrades of course. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Lucasarts are making the graphics so good 4 the game, that even though we will be able to play it on our computer now and it will be fine, it will cater for graphics cards that haven't even been released yet. It will run fine on present computers, but to be drooling in awe at the amazing graphics swg has to offer, we'll need to buy a better graphics card at some point (say GeForce 6 perhaps???).

Archived