Home

My New XBOX

platypus202

It's going to be basically the same price everywhere. $200 bucks. Make sure you get This One. It comes with two free games and the S controller. The S controller is the smaller version of the controller. I prerfer the larger one so you might want to buy the Large Version. If you have an older television you will need an RFU Adapter. To enable the Xbox's DVD playback capabilities you'll need the Remote Control Adapter. If you're wanting Xbox Live, get This.

As for games, the first one you must absolutely get is Halo.

*Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War

Medal of Honor: Frontline

*Halo: Combat Evolved

Turok: Evolution

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance

ATV quad racing (i think that's the name of it)

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Battle Engine: Aquila

*Mech Assault

*must-have games

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

Save your money for Knights of the Old Republic. Unreal Championship is good, Medal of Honor: Frontline, and Splinter Cell. I've heard that Ghost Recon is good too. :)

all those games are great but..................... How could you forget HALO!!!!!!, the best must have game on the x-box! well until halo2, and of course KOTOR!:D

Oh, and you will really want to listen to what Boba Rhett said, like usual.:D

• 4 weeks later...

Keep your eye out for a game like Blinx, and Timesplitters 2. Also check out the Metal Gear Solid 2 for the XBOX, has all the bells and whistles of all the special editions for each territory when it was on the PoS2...

BTW Splinter Cell is a lot better than Ghost Recon IMO!!

Originally posted by BCanr2d2

BTW Splinter Cell is a lot better than Ghost Recon IMO!!

splinter cell doesn't have multiplayer. splinter cell isn't an fps.

splinter cell is a really cool sp game though, i highly recommend getting it if you liked metal gear solid.

I have (in three weeks of ownership) played:

Dynasty Warriors 3 - HIGHLY recommendable - KO counts can go to the 1000! Simple in terms of the combat maybe, but its the strategy - knowing when to make a push, to retreat, careful use of items, timing of officer engagements.

MGS2:Substance - great game. Was a little short, but the VR missions, Snake Tales etc make up for it. Raiden can be a little Anakin at times, but else no problems.

Splinter Cell - nicely complementary to MGS - the more reaslitc stealth-em-up. The usage of indirect sight based stealth (shadows rather than hiding) is nice.

Morrowind - HUGE!!!! You have to choose hwo you want to choose your class! I traded it in, not through dislie, but as I figured if I owned it and KotOR, I KNEW which one I would ofcus on (more a sci-fi than fantasy fan basically)

Halo - errr.... Halo! It IS worth getting and playing through on easy, because then you get access to them all on Legendary.... GOD LIKE NEED ONLY APPLY! Exceptional joy to be derived from meleeing the little ones, then attaching a plasma grenade to his little mate who then carries it back to everyone else!

Time Splitters 2 - YES!!!! Monkeys!!!! Halo is good for SP and Co-Op, but for DM, its GOT to be TS2. HEll - it has a mode called 'Monkey Assistant', where by the person in last place will be given a crack team of fast, agile and HEAVILY armed monkeys to fight for them for a shor time. Add to that calamari with flamethrowers, ducks with sawn offf and gingerbread men with miniguns, and you have a SWEET game.

MK 5 - rented with some mates. Quirky, but eventually becomes unfufilling. The fatalilities have to be looked up (why cant it ACTULLY show you at SOME point!) Lots of extras, but alot of it is pretty naff. Raiden is a cool character with some SADISTIC moves!

DOA3 - despite its apparent fall from grace recently, it is actually rather a good game. The level of tactics is good - the blocking, countering, faking, tag moves... and the final boss is in himself a tactical nightmare! Looks good, plays well, and good fun for SP or MP.

JSRF - cell shaded will always hold a place in our hearts - its quirkiness and stunning crispness.... Good soundtrack, and interesting areanas. And unlike the original - NO TIME LIMIT and the opposition is FAR less heinous (Sorry, but when an APACHE appears on only the second level, I think its ridiculous!)

Sega GT 2000 - not a fan of realistic racers myself, I take my mates opinion - which is high. Good selection of vehicles, and GREAT fun to be had customising them. Drag Race is a good way of testing them. MP is a dream (his words exactly!)

Genma Onmushi - Would have been great, except for the clunking controls - the old Resi forward, back and turn. Starfe technique would have been EXCELLENT here for side swiping sword attacks rather than the old retreat, turn, face, attack, turn, run, repeat combo going on! Else - good items and storyline, with some nice lightning. Else - I dont remember much of it.

And KotOR is gonna ROCK!

Hope that helps!

Originally posted by git_sum_stuka

oops, ma bad, i mean halo2 was dalyed a bit longer.

Come on dude, get your facts straight before scaring us half to death:p;)

I would recommend Jet Set Radio Future, Halo and Splinter Cell. Three of the best games i have ever played, a lot of fun, and well worth the money, especially the last one ^_~

Archived