Home

Prayer

Darth Groovy

I have not prayed for a while, but I felt this was necessary. All that is done is done, our president has made his decision, right or wrong, he needs our support and our prayers, as do the men and women in Kuwait. I apologize if this prayer offends anyone, but I felt the need to share this. Let’s reach out to the ones that need us the most, namely, our troops and allies on the front lines in the Gulf.

Dear heavenly father,

A war is in the midst, and many people all over the world have a great deal to endure. In our time of need, please be with us all. Please be with our president, as he faces the most difficult times, with countless lives in his hands. Please be with our soldiers, though many of them may march into uncertain doom, stay with them Lord, let them know that you are with them every step of the way. Listen to there prayers as they need you the most. Many of them have not seen there families in quite some time. Please comfort them in there time of need. Should they die Lord, please let them know, that their lives were sacrificed for the sake of peace unto others, for our freedom, for our children. We understand Lord that the price of freedom, sometimes has to be spent in human casualties. Without that freedom, we may not be able to worship you, and this prayer would be punishable by death.

Lord, please be with the citizens of Iraq, though some may not know you, they are at great risk, and need your forgiveness, your guidance, and your love.

Lord please guide our country and our allies through this difficult time, and help bring this conflict to a quick end, with as few casualties as possible. We ask these things in Jesus name, Amen.

Thanks Darky, I know prayer is not a popular subject. My Girlfriend(future wife) leaves for basic training this fall. For some reason I feel I will loose her. I want her to enlist, and experience the military the same way I did, but I don't want to loose her, not in this conflict....

Sorry, but wouldn't it be better to go out and do something about it instead of praying?

BTW, why do you mention Bush and soliders before you mention the innocent citizens in Iraq? And why do you not mention the Iraqian soliders?

Didn't really say that to critizise, but I like asking questions.

Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn

Sorry, but wouldn't it be better to go out and do something about it instead of praying?

BTW, why do you mention Bush and soliders before you mention the innocent citizens in Iraq? And why do you not mention the Iraqian soliders?

yep man, you heard it, do something about it...dont show any feelings for letting your girlfriend do what she wants, and tie her down or something....and as many innocent citiznes there in iraq, i'd rather have 1 US marine stay alive than them

Bush and the US troops will hold the Iraqi's lives in their hands. They need guidance and prayer.

Groovy, you really said it all. Thanks.

Well not to critizise, but I like asking questions too.

For example, why do you make the most simple statements seem like an argument?

Do you enjoy arguments that much?

Also, what do you want me to do? Stop the war?

You have solved all of our problems professor, I'll stop the war after dinner tonite.

well what do you expect him to do? if you so confident that he will be able to do something to stop the war why cant you do something? i cant beleave that you would actually come on this thread and say something like that. i guess you dont know what the power of prayer can do.

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey1315

and as many innocent citiznes there in iraq, i'd rather have 1 US marine stay alive than them

Are you trying to make me mad?

Do you enjoy arguments that much?

Yes

Also, what do you want me to do? Stop the war?

Yes.

Anyway, I din't ask those questions to make people angry, calm down and cheer up. :)

I would have stopped the war, I still think Bush was premature in this decision....

I could would have, could have, should have, until I am blue in the face. War has started, it no longer serves any purpose to fight the issue. All we can do now, is hope for the best, and prepare for the worst.

That said, it's too late for all that, there are troops in Iraq that are going to die.

There are Iraqi citizens that have died already.

Let's show them just a little respect shall we?

Archived