Home

Shadowbane...

Hey what's up? Just wanted to know what other games the rest of you are planning on playing untill SWG is released? I have decided to try Shadowbane because it is coming out next week. I have heard good things and bad things about shadowbane...mostly good :D . I am new to massive multiplayer games so I just wanted to "TRY" something before SWG is out. I don't really think Shadowbane will be as good as SWG...lol...but it will still be a good time waster! Cya :ewok:

American Army Online

Let's see, free, hard, fun....with guns none the less. For those of you that haven't seen this, head to goarmy.com and check it out. It's free to download. You start out going through basic training and then go to your various other schools. For awhile, you will be nothing more than target though. ;P

It is an extremely difficult game which takes a lot of strategy, skill and cleverness to be any good at. I still find myself walking around a corner into a grenade, or being picked off by the other teams sniper, or being blinded by the flash grenade I threw. ;)

BTW, for those of you that keep wanting to know what in game names will be, I am using what I will use in SWG, in AAO. Good luck.

I am not going to be spending money on any online game till SWG. I could play EQ, but I won't, I could play AO but I won't. I'm saving money so I won't have to do much when the game gets launched. Monthly fees add up, ya know?

Once I put together my new cpu (I have all the pieces), then I'll be installing my copy of Morrowind and I'll be playing that till SWG's release. I love Morrowind, it's a great game and it totally crushes NWN even with both hands tied behind its back. I'll also be playing Splinter Cell. I recommend if you love the MMO feel but don't want to pay any monthly fee than play Morrowind.

yeah, i agree with Unfrozen, itd be best if i just saved up my money till the game comes out, then ill have enough to pay maybe 1 or 2 monthly fees

and, America's Army Online is a good free game, i one good use of tax money:p no but really AAO is a good free game

Originally posted by legameboy

and, America's Army Online is a good free game, i one good use of tax money:p no but really AAO is a good free game

$30,000,000 worth of well used tax money to be precise. ;)

That's the Amercian government for you.

Let's spend $30,000,000 on a recruitment tool, $10,000,000,000 on a war with Iraq and while we're at it, I think we need those $15,000 toilet seats installed in the White House.

Sure, especially since it's not my site. ;)

It's a public site, I just thought some people might want something a bit different.

Actually, it's the official LucasForums avatar site. I can't remember who posted it, I think it was Matt Windu or Boba Rhett. I just put it in my sig to help out some of the .....I hate saying this word.....

:newbie: 's

Humorously enough, I was like three months ago. I only joined here shortly after the new year. They recognized the skills though. Quality over quantity, at least thats what my girlfriend used to say. Darn that ^&%(^&$^%)*&$%(*^%#(^&%)&^%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, stress relief folks.

Both my friend. If you read most of my posts (keyword...most), I post valid thoughts, opinions and well documented responses. I know the FAQ rather well and am an intensive researcher. I love to know things, in particular, I just like trying to know more than the next guy. I almost never spam, though there are some questionable posts in my past. On top of that, there are several threads in this off-topic which can easily raise your post count artificially. ;P

...but I didn't tell you about the Q and A thread or K-Jo round or, well, search the off topic here, I think you'll find them. :D

No....seriously....I didn't tell you about those....Come on man.....you have to promise me you won't tell Wraith or Jan or Boba or Juz or Red.....please?:p

Oh, hi Jan, Wraith. ;P

Just thought I'd drop my 2 credits worth. Since this is a "Should I play Shadowbane" until SWG releases thread.... I'm on the Shadowbane beta and I have not seen anything in to be worth the initial cost and monthly fee (don't tell them I said that). It's pretty flat and seems to be a persistant world FPS more than a MMORPG.

MM

Like I was saying, AAO is free, thereby enabling you to save for the new graphics card, sound card, processor or memory upgrade that basically everyone here wants to do.

As far as post size, well, they vary. It depends on how fevered I am. If it's a topic of which I have vast knowledge that I wish to share, or something that gets my blood boiling, then it will be huge. If not, I've been known to throw out a one liner or two now and then.

Setsuko:

Never post jibberish? What was that one? It kind of went like:

"jibber, jabber, babble......ramble on.....yada yada yada.....

....and in closing, hey guys, I think this is like the longest post ever."

"Set, *checks record book*, yes this is the longest post ever, but I have no clue what the heck your talking about." ;P

Well, I guess I'll stick my EverQuest plug in here as it seems to be appropriate.

I bought the EQ trilogy about 8 months ago, and didnt like it all that much. Cancelled the subscription and didnt think about it again. Then, about a month ago, they sent me an e-mail telling me I'd get a free month to play if I came back. So I did. It's not the greatest game I've ever played, but since I've given it a chance it seems to be getting better and better. I just bought the Shadows of Luclin expansion so I could access the Bazaar (a huge player-run trading area) and was pleased to see that several PC skin upgrades had been included, greatly improving the looks of most player characters.

So, thats what I'll be doing until the SWG release- playing EQ as Caelinthaas Starfinder, a 10th season Wood Elf Ranger on the Firiona Vie server...

JS

"Set, *checks record book*, yes this is the longest post ever, but I have no clue what the heck your talking about." :p

Dude, we are so used to never have a clue to what the heck you are saying, so we don't notice it that much. :p

j/k :D

Anyway, yeah, I'm playing EQ too. Tried it last summer when I got an e-mail from EQ telling me that I could download the entire first part of the game, for free. So I did, playied for a month, but I definatly didn't like the layout, and the grafics stunk.

Earlier this year I bought PCGamer January edition (UK) and with it followed EQ: New Dawn. So, I thought, what the heck, I'll see if it's worth it.

And I've been playing it ever since. :)

Even bought the Luclin Expansion, although I didn't have to, cause the 3 first expansions was included on the cd. :p

Suits me for not reading first. :D

Anyway, the grafics is much improved, and the layout resemble what you will have in SWG by the way. ;)

And resently you have been able to change your facial looks at a whim (equals the Image Designer feature, only you need no skill at all), aswell as dyeing your armor (requires some skill in other fields I think, but not sure. Haven't tried it yet).

PLaying as a level 11 Human Warrior on Euro server (forgot what it's called, but you can't miss it. It's the one that says Euro Server. :p:D )

Archived