Home

First of bad news

Weapon X

I've heard that they crashed not because of enemy fire, but because of Mechanical problems during a "routine" training mission.

Is it just me, or are there many "just-a-test" related casualties lately....

Yeah Obi, I agree....it seems like we're hurting ourselves more in training exercises then in the actual missions. I'm really not sure why.

Then again, these 'training exercises' could actually be top secret covert operations that the gov't can't just broadcast to everybody about what they were doing.

*shrugs*

i doubt that it was a "training accident" these are profesoinal pilots trained to be able to tackle battle and weather conditions...

from here on out guys....were going to be recieving a LOT of mis-information from the media and you gotta deal with it.

may they rest in peace, my prayers are with their families.

trust me ... these things happen

the official line over here is 8 brits 8 yanks

may they rest in peace

they were not shot down ... they fell out of the sky for some reason (pilot error or machine fault prolly)

the iraqis fired missiles (4 i believe) at the troops (please note i did not say our troops cos i dont think of em as mine cos i dont support the war) kuwait which were all shot down

i dont think they were scuds however (how do u tell?!) cos iraq has these al samood things which are based on the scud but smaller ... i dunno

My version:

6 SCUD's fired. Two blown up by Patriot-missiles. 4 crashed safely in the desert.

(sidenote: Iraq has said that they do not have any SCUD's. Also, the max missile-range set by UN is 150 km, and SCUD-missiles go 600 km. [i have not checked this info, so it might be inaccurate])

A chopper crashes, 18 die, Brits and Americans.

During the last few "operations", the US must have lost 150 men in "routine chopper training" flights. :rolleyes:

Helicopters are pretty dangerous, I guess.

i heard it was 8 british, and 4 u.s. troops in that helicopter crash that died. plus the one u.s. marine that was killed in action during the ground assult early this morning.:( too many of these "accidents" lately, i also think were being mis-informed about it as well.

yeah the radio station i heard it on was inaccurate, and now i just heard about the soldier killed, i love the headline "oil fields now in control of coalition forces and safe" "U.S. troops put up flag but take down due to british complaining" looks to me like there's more than "ridding the world of evil" going on over there

damn these people

The Pentagon is making sure that they do not do that because they do not want the Iraq people to think that the US is over there to take over and control the countyry. We are just liberating it and will help rebuild after Suddam is out of office and power.

As for the Helicopter crash it was a Sea Knight and there were 12 casualties: 4 U.S. Marines and 8 British Marines

Also there was a Private from Camp Pendleton that died this morning in the oil fields on the way through.

Also there have been some other accidents but luckily no one has died in them. So as far as I know since before I left for work this is all confirmed.

:lsduel::duel:

Originally posted by obi-wan13

I've heard that they crashed not because of enemy fire, but because of Mechanical problems during a "routine" training mission.

I heard that one of the journalists present saw the helicopters (yes, helicopterS, there were actually 3 that crashed, or so I've heard) were on fire, suggesting that they were hit by AA fire.

That's another thing. The US seems so ready to label every casualty on our side as an accident or even a friendly fire incident. As if that's somehow more palatable to people. I just don't understand. :confused:

It is done so that it doesn't hit us hard. It has been done through out every war. The press uses diffrent words and phrases so that it doesn't seem like we are losing or so that is doesn't demoralize our troops.

I also just heard that two British helicopters collided after take off with 7 casualties.

Also there have been two U.S. Marines that have died since this morning including the one that was from Camp Pendleton.

I also just heard that Iraq soldiers have moved a pilot from the Navy that has been MIA since the 1st Gulf War into Baghadad somewhere.

:lsduel::duel:

*Sigh*

Another thing that drives me nuts is that I know someone in Iraq. He's the son of one of the administrators at my school. He's in the 82nd Ranger Battalion... I think that's the one. He's in that one that's really famous for... something. :confused:

He just shipped out to Iraq this morning. I hope he comes back. :(

Originally posted by Lunatic Jedi

*Sigh*

Another thing that drives me nuts is that I know someone in Iraq. He's the son of one of the administrators at my school. He's in the 82nd Ranger Battalion... I think that's the one. He's in that one that's really famous for... something. :confused:

He just shipped out to Iraq this morning. I hope he comes back. :(

hey, you're not alone, i found out the other day that i actually know 5 or 6 people over there right now, one was on the news i was told, his name is Earl Wells, it's been a long time since i've talked to him, but last i heard he had joined the Marines, then my 2 of the people i know are brothers, paratrooper and Marine, Brad and Chad Folston, then there's another one in the army, his name's John Roth (he was always a crazy guy) and then there's the other Marine Levi Hereford, if you guys see any of these names listed or mentioned anywhere let me know, i don't watch TV much and this is the most i've watched in the past 6-7 months. and yeah, yesterday i heard the official count on the helicopter crash, it happened 9 miles south of the Iraqi border so i'm skeptical as to whether it was from AA fire, they mentioned huge sandstorms over there, maybe that was it?

the rotars and turbines are suseptable to sucking rocks and dirt into them causing them to light on fire or explode, thats why they have to keep run ways so clean.

20 coalition have been killed or so.... iraqi casualties nmber in the 100s/low thousands with over 10,000 prisoners. (two divisions but iraqi divisions are half the size of american, and american division is 15-20,000)

yeah thats tragic. poor bastards didnt really have a chance.

just a thought though. the US/british first casualties over there wasnt caused by the "enemy". and neither was the canadians (remember that bombing by their allies not so long ago?). im glad that canadians arent fighting now. i wish nobody was fighting at all. but if the Us must press forward and fight i hope it ends bloodlessly and quickly. my prayers are with everybody over their on both sides.

Just remember the better the americans and brittish do, the faster the war will end. So even if a few civilians are killed, if it ends the fighting faster then more lives will actually be saved. So dont get demoralized when the casualties for americans raise. Dont get demoralized when civilian casualties die because that will probably mean that the war will be ending faster. Even if a few civilians die many more people would die if we couldnt bomb.

Originally posted by Hèkx Nòxú

To be honest, I never really trusted Helicopters to begin with...

I knew those flying contraptions were not to be trusted! :p

It's sad to see another accident happen.

I hope some memorials and minutes of silence are given after the end of this war. :(

Archived