Home

WIP: New Yoda... Assistance Requested

KaiaSowapit

Great news, I only have one sugestion(?) eeer, something to say, can you name the model folder something 'cept "yoda", I mean EpiiYoda, SomethingYoda, so it can be added without replace kinja's one, I say 'cause I have 3 Vaders, 4 Padmes, etc.

thanks in advance.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Master_Payne

Great news, I only have one sugestion(?) eeer, something to say, can you name the model folder something 'cept "yoda", I mean EpiiYoda, SomethingYoda, so it can be added without replace kinja's one, I say 'cause I have 3 Vaders, 4 Padmes, etc.

thanks in advance.

maybe something along the lines of "masteryoda"...

Perhaps, like the Ben Kenobi model that Kevin did..you could have three(at least) variations. One, where he's got the robe off, and he's just got that lil..jumpsuit thing on. Second, would be what we see in the pics you've shown..and third, could be where he's got his hood up, covering most of his features. I d'no...just a thought. Rambling, I guess.

Heh...it'd be funny if someone could do sort of a minimod for the lightsaber. Build his walking stick, and have him actually walk with it (using different animation configurations. Not make new animations...just specify different animations to use for each frame, like saber stances). So it'd look like he's walking with his stick. And then when it's ignited...someone could have it just..do the little twirl thing that Kyle does..and a shader making it look like he's holding it more like a sword, than a cane...then, he could slap people around with his little stick. Complete with sounds, too!

Master_Payne - yes I have every intention of naming the folder so it doesn't conflict with any other existing models. Don't worry. :) And thanks for the suggestion t3rr0r, I'll definitely keep it in mind. (I guess "Kermit_&_Miss_Piggy's_lovechild" is a wee bit on the long side. ;))

Lord Tnuc - currently there will be only one variation (hehe if one counts as a variation). In order to reduce polycount and streamline the model, portions of Yoda obscured by his robe have been removed. A "jumpsuit-only" version won't be an option. Sorry. :(

As for his walking stick, I think the only way that would be possible is via a custom hilt. As for coding a mini-mod and so forth - hehe - that's way beyond my ability.

Bart Skywalker, you're welcome and thanks for the compliment (you too CyBerNetiX).

Thanks SkiTzo. Unfortunately, this model will require you to download a mod that includes scaling code such as ForceMod (my personal favorite), JediMod, or one of the latest JediPlus/OmniMod variants if you intend to play Yoda the appropriate size. I wish I knew a way around this, but as far as I know there isn't. (Keep your fingers crossed JKIII addresses this issue.)

Thanks again everyone for your support and encouragement!

Originally posted by KaiaSowapit

Master_Payne -

Unfortunately, this model will require you to download a mod that includes scaling code such as ForceMod (my personal favorite), JediMod, or one of the latest JediPlus/OmniMod variants if you intend to play Yoda the appropriate size. I wish I knew a way around this, but as far as I know there isn't. (Keep your fingers crossed JKIII addresses this issue.)

Thanks again everyone for your support and encouragement!

Darn.. I was hoping there was a possible way to get the model smaller without a mod... o well i guess i can cope with downloading another mod.. heheh

Ummm..hey, dunno if this is of any use to you anymore...but I'm both a Maya and Max guy, and can go back and forth pretty easily. Are you still looking for someone to do the conversion, and also, has anyone figured out how to add custom animations as of yet. I actually played around a few weeks ago and nailed down Yoda's EP2 walk cycle in Max. If it's possible to import the thing, you've got a walk for him here ready to go if you want it.

In any event, it's looking great!

*claps, encore encore.

This model will kick some major butt in the game. heh. um does yoda have some sort of belt around his waist? i was just wondering about that cause the red part of his clothes looks lonely. heh. well that was just a suggestion.

Well anyway Belt or no belt i think it looks good.;) Just keep up with the good work and maybe you will become one of the revered legendary etc modeler. Anyway I wish you good luck and hope that this model never dies! I think this one might be the best one out so far:p

What about a hood? Would a hooded variation like the Old Ben model work out okay? I think it'd be badassed to see little Yoda walking around with his his robe and hood over his head..covering most of his face. Little Yoda loking much like how Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan looked in the beginning of Episode I, actually, is what I had in mind. Just an idea, though. Very good job on him. I was asonished on how well Kinja's was. And well, I have to admit, though hard it is(I love that model) that this is the new Yoda. This is Yoda.

Archived