Home

WIP: New Yoda... Assistance Requested

KaiaSowapit

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

The model's not dead, Kaia had to go on a trip for the week or somthin.

I know that the uvw maps need to be fixed a bit and it should be ready for rigging. I think KevinCoyle was supposed to do the rigging but he vanished...

Thats good to know that he went on a trip. I thought he was like out of it.. Anyway I don't think anyone has heard of KevinCoyle in a long time. I havn't. This model looks so dang good i can't wait for it to come out!. Keep up with the good work.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by inbredyokel

It's alive...I think Kaia is still on vacation. If Kevin doesn't complete the model, someone from the aotctc team will, so rest assured that this model will be released.

Ok sorry about my post above I quoted wrong person heh I meant to say I can back up what Indy said because I work with kaia and indy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey you all! I'm still alive, thanks for your concern. (You were worried about me, not just Yoda right?) Sorry my two week "vacation" turned into a two month affair (selling a house is a major chore).

Though I'm back, yes unfortunately the model still is on hold. :( I've taken it (under the magnificent tutelage of Psyk0 & Indy) about as far as I can... I still need some generous soul (with a working knowledge of 3dMax) to help finish the rigging, etc..

Also, unfortunately, it appears Kevin has dropped off the map... maybe he's selling a house too??

Anyhow, any up & coming 3dMax wizards (who'll work for beer) feel free to pm me if you'd like to volunteer. (Hint, hint!)

In the meantime, I'm throwing a shameless plug out there for Darth Syrup's ForceMod II: The Mercs Strike Back. (Check out the previews at AOTCTC.com). It's da bomb people!

Great job man, this yoda model does look more mature than the other, which was godly awsome except for the kiddish lookingness of it and the skins. I mean yea my little brother gets a kick out of Arco & Co.'s model, becuase yoda is his favorite character, But with this model I can get the more experenced looking yoda. Great job, and keep up the good work, and I will be looking for more of your models to come.

PS.

I checked out the ForceMod 2.0 and it looks hella awsome! It's the type of mod i've been waiting for for a long time.

NuKe OuT!

Originally posted by KaiaSowapit

Hey you all! I'm still alive, thanks for your concern. (You were worried about me, not just Yoda right?) Sorry my two week "vacation" turned into a two month affair (selling a house is a major chore).

Though I'm back, yes unfortunately the model still is on hold. :( I've taken it (under the magnificent tutelage of Psyk0 & Indy) about as far as I can... I still need some generous soul (with a working knowledge of 3dMax) to help finish the rigging, etc..

Glad to hear that you are still alive! its been a long time since i have been on the forums, but i still can't wait to see this model come out! looks good and keep up with the good work!.

• 2 weeks later...

How's it going KaiaSowapit? I'm surprised you haven't found anyone else to finish your yoda model. If you send it to me quickly I should have some time to get it in game. Sorry it took so long last time but every time I almost got it finished you sent me a new version :D. haha, don't worry, It didn't bother me, and it was probably for the best, it's difficult to unwrap a model after it's been rigged for the game. send it over and I'll see what I can do.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to getting yoda in game. Here are a couple of screenshots. He isn't skinned yet but I did give him color so he wasn't all white. There are some clipping issuses with the robe that shouldn't be too much trouble to fix. The other problem is he crosses his wrists a bit when holding the saber with two hands, this problem is caused by the model not quite fitting the skeleton so unfortunatly I don't think it's a problem that can be fixed easily if at all, but it isn't really noticeable during gameplay.

Here are a few screens

YodaInGame1

YodaInGame2

Archived