Home

The Soundtrack

scabb

For those of you who have the soundtrack / have ripped/downloaded music, what's your favourite track?

There are quite a few to choose from, nearly all of the soundtrack is brilliant.

My current favourite tracks are "Swanky Maximino" and "Talking Limbo".

I like the credits theme.. the one that goes from the festival to meche's theme (I think?)

Of course this opinion is based from my ears over a year ago. If I listened to it again I'd probably prefer another track.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm new on the board (as you can probably see), and I've tried to find an answer to my question by using the search function, but so far I've found nothing.

Can someone here tell me if there's a way I can convert the GF soundtrack (from my original CDs) into a format that I can burn onto an audio CD? Is it even legal to do so, or is this one of those 'don't ask, don't tell' things?

Anyway, a reply (on the forum or via e-mail) would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks to a few helpful people around here, I've also had the chance to listen to a few of them these last few days and I have to say that it's a really hard choice. There are lots of great tracks, but if I HAD to choose one, it would definitely be Companeros. The trumpets and violins mix perfectly with the guitar-background. One of the greatest songs in computer games ever. Glottis's Shop is also one of my favourites.

• 2 weeks later...

you mentioned using nero to copy grim audio. do ijust plonk in the grim disc and tell nero to copy it as an audio cd? i thought the whole point of scummrev was to extract the music to a listenable format that nero couldn't. erm... and does that mean scummrev will only work with music that isn't on the cd?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I think I like Companeros the best. Great stuff.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has the cover art for the soundtrack? I only have a really small jpg, and I can't seem to find any high-res versions anywhere.

It would be great if someone could tell me where to find it.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by anomalousresult

you mentioned using nero to copy grim audio. do ijust plonk in the grim disc and tell nero to copy it as an audio cd? i thought the whole point of scummrev was to extract the music to a listenable format that nero couldn't. erm... and does that mean scummrev will only work with music that isn't on the cd?

He's talking about the GF soundtrack, not the game CD. The music in the game files is customized for the game, so much of it is intentionally distorted, muffled, etc. and just about every track is intended to loop on a cue so they all fade out at the end instead of finishing properly, very annoying. Also, I think there are some tracks on the OST that aren't in the game, but don't quote me on that.

Originally posted by GendoTheGreat

He's talking about the GF soundtrack, not the game CD. The music in the game files is customized for the game, so much of it is intentionally distorted, muffled, etc. and just about every track is intended to loop on a cue so they all fade out at the end instead of finishing properly, very annoying. Also, I think there are some tracks on the OST that aren't in the game, but don't quote me on that.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh :rolleyes:

gotcha. has anyone put the soundtrack on an ftp site? scabb says it isn't available anywhere, does anyone want to mail mp3s to me? e-mail first asking if it's ok though, don't want all 7 of you on here to mail me the entire soundtrack.

Archived