Home

Senator Tom Daschle

obi

What are your feelings for this man?

The following is mine:

Hypocrit. Clinton goes to war with Iraq- Daschle praises and supports. Bush goes to war with Iraq- Daschle bashes and brings down.

Now, I know the senator is a democrat, and that is probably why he doesn't support Bush, but come on! I watched an interview with him the other day(not actually word-for-word,but close enough)-

Interviewer: "So, senator, what exactly do you feel now that we have begun this war? What do you think we will accomplish?"

Daschle: "I really do not wish to comment on the war at this early stage in it, because so much will happen, and it's too early to tell."

Oh really, senator? What happened to your opposing the war? Where is your critizism? Where did your witty remarks about Bush go?

Erg....I feel my blood pressure rising.......

Anyway, what do you think about the senator?

I have to agree. I'm not much of a Daschel fan myself... he gets too fundemental in his party beliefs. I would easily support a candidate that is interested in the "will of the people" rather than his, or his party's, own agenda.

That New England Governor (Vermont or New Hampshire?) seems to have a level head, though I've only heard him speak twice.

SkinWalker

Well.............:rolleyes:

1. I would say he is a Democrat, but there are a lot of good Democrats.;)

2. I would say he is supporting his party, but there was only 11 votes in congress against the war so that can't be it.:confused:

3. I think he is just a really dumb politician; unless, he is the assigned wiping boy of the Democrats. They come up with a idea to brang down Bush, and nobody wants to do it. So they get him to try it out.:rolleyes:

It seems no matter what the view of Bush. He takes the opposite to the extreme. I'm sure if Bush was to say he didn't want to go to war. Daschel would be going off the deep end trying to get war. He is an idiot. He is always criticizing Bush and he thinks he is being smart. All he does is make himself look stupid.

I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.....:mad:

Im from south dakota and daschle doesnt support the people hes supposed to represent, only before the election. He criticizes bush who is extremely popular in south dakota (if you start a war protest youd get egged by lots of people). Daschle got elected by: Lying, calling recounts, bribing the native americans with beer (literally, that is actually the democratic campaign strategy here, i cant even see how they win since NOBODY votes democrat in presidential elections) Really i think daschle is a total moron, i really hope he never gets elected again.... actually i was hoping hed run for president so wed get rid of him.

This is how it will probably go:

Reporter: Senator, we are winning the war, so what do you think?

Senator: Well I always was in favor of it, of course I support it. The American people are behind the president 100% and so am I.

OR

Reporter: Senator, we are losing the war, so what are your feelings on it?

Senator: President Bush brought this on us, he's dead wrong, and the American people know it. I support immediate withdrawl!

Call me cynical. ; p

Originally posted by wassup

So...

Daschle = Wormtongue

then...

Bush = Saruman?

:eek:

Not quite....

Daschle and Bush are on Different sides. It would be:

Daschle= Wormtongue

Bush= Gandalf

But Bush doesn't have the staff for it :p

Originally posted by CagedCrado

(literally, that is actually the democratic campaign strategy here, i cant even see how they win since NOBODY votes democrat in presidential elections) .

You do know that Al Gore had more votes than Bush,right?

Edit- Actually,it's more like

Daschle= Lurtz

Bush= Boromir.

Originally posted by Tyrion

You do know that Al Gore had more votes than Bush,right?

Edit- Actually,it's more like

Daschle= Lurtz

Bush= Boromir.

DAM IT ALL TO HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!! No more dimpled chads carp ............

Get over it. "BUSH IS PRES" end of story:mad:

Originally posted by Tyrion

Ok...:confused:

I know Bush is president..but Al Gore did have more votes,and he was a democrat.

Edit - I know that Bush has good intentions and all..but he is corrupted for power like Boromir.:D

In this country in order to get realected you have to smoke pot and get blowe jobs in the oval office. Bush is starting a war so he must not be to power hungrey becouse all the dam hippies wonte vote for him next time.

HAHAHAH, nice point tyrion, I guess he's so mad for power, he makes great political moves like starting wars no matter what people think!

(p.s. I am pro-"Iraqi Freedom", though I realize if I was just playing politics to win re-election I wouldn't go by it the way Bush has!)

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

In this country in order to get realected you have to smoke pot and get blowe jobs in the oval office.

How do you account for Reagan? Or F. D. Roosevelt, who, by the way, is the reason why Reagan couldn't go for another term?

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

Bush is starting a war so he must not be to power hungrey becouse all the dam hippies wonte vote for him next time.

What exactly do you consider a hippie? I was just curious.... I see you use that term frequently. I'm old enough to actually remember a couple of die-hard hippies, but most expired with the sixties. I think of the free-love, anti-establishment movement characterized by long-hair, flowers, and tie-dyed shirts.

That New England Governor (Vermont or New Hampshire?) seems to have a level head, though I've only heard him speak twice.

That's hilarious!!! Of course, a couple of more speeches and you'll find out he's an idiot too.

Nah, really, they aren't all bad. Just the vocal ones.

:swear:I HATE HIPPIES:mad: They need to be drug out on the street by there ugly ass tie dye shirts that make me (smily) and (smily) or (toasty smily) or (murderous smilies).

Whoah there Jack! This forum has a strict smily policy - no excessive "smiling" in posts not contributing to the discussion. That is all, good day. -C'

Archived