Home

Of the First 3 movies, Which was your Fav?

Snafu7

Which Of the 1st 3 movies is your favorite?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Which Of the 1st 3 movies is your favorite?

• Star Wars: A New Hope
    • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
    • Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Empire Strikes Back is the best by a mile. I never liked ROTJ, it was so forced, the Emperor was changed from cunning evil to evil evil, Carrie Fisher's acting was off, the speeder bikes went at 1000 miles an hour (I'm totally truthful on this, it was nearly as bad as that) and it takes Luke a couple of minutes to walk back, bloody giant bridge explosions, Yoda dies, inferior plot, stupid Second Death Star idea, ewoks (teddy bears) overcoming Imperial Troops (battle-hardened kickass troops) getting their ass whooped, no funny dialogue between Leia and Han, flawed Jabba (another evil evil character, seems George Lucas needs to simplify things), flawed Jabba's palace, good Sarlacc idea ruined by clumsy jumps, non-scary noises, and not large or flapping enough tentacles, Lando looks stupid in General outfit, Darth Vader now totally pathetic and unscary, ground battle of Endor cringe-inducing.

On the bright side, great music, Admiral Ackbar and that brilliant Mon Cal cruiser ship, amazing music in Vader vs Luke, and great explosions and co. in Second Death Star battle.

• 2 weeks later...

The Empire Strikes back was one of the most impressive movies of the first trilogy.

although I love all of the movies of the first trilogy!

But you know...in the second movie there's so much told about the force...in no other movie the relationship between master and padawan and the teaching of the force is so detailed than in The Empire strikes back. That is cool:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...I don't dislike RotJ as much as rad-x... but I certainly think it's inferior to the other movies. It would have been much better if Lucas could have set the final battle on and over Imperial City as he originally intended :(

So... my favorite of the OT is ESB. The atmosphere of ESB is just haunting, and I've gotta think Lucas will be shooting for that same feeling in Episode III.

ROTJ :D luke vs. vader.... that was amazing!

main thing... i didnt like the ewoks either.. i mean.. little bears beating up what the emperor called 'an entire legion of my best troops...' i mean.. come on... what would win in real life, a blaster, or a rock?

No way. Never been to Minnesota all my life. I'm currently living down in Virginia.

whoa virginia... im in virginia! :)

Archived