Home

Install/uninstall trouble. Please help!

kilaak

Hello.

I just got the Galactic Battlegrounds Saga, and went to install it, however, as I was installing it, my computer froze!

I tried to continue installing after restarting my computer manually, but it said that I had to uninstall the program first. So, I went to my control panel and removed the program through it's uninstaller, but it still remains on my computer!

I got rid of the Lucasarts folder and everything in it, thinking perhaps my computer wasn't finishing the job, but it still thinks the game is there.

Whenever I try to install, instead it automatically tries to uninstall the game. Going through the CD manually hasn't helped either, the setup program it said to use to install manually only instantly goes to the uninstaller again!

Can someone please help me? It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Sounds like your registry still has info on the game.

Best thing to do is download something called Reg Cleaner from http://www.downloads.com Its free and a small file.

You then install this, carry out a search for Lucasarts and it will find all the relevant files. You can then select them and delete them. Easy as that.

Or, if you are using Windows XP, find out when your last System restore point was and just go back to that if it wasnt too long ago.

Any problems, post back.

DMUK

Archived