Home

A couple q's for ya

gorganfloss

I was wondering what everyone thinks about a couple things.

Will Episode 3 suck as much as 1 and 2, since they seem to be getting progressively worse?

And

Do you think that Episode 3 and, of course, 1 and 2 will make the OT not as good? Since they undoubtably suck (arent as good I should say), will it affect how people think of the OT?

1. No I believe Episode 3 will be better than the last 2 because of the promise of better fights and less politics. Also if GL doesnt deliver his life will be in danger of being ended by hordes of angry fans waving lightsabers at his front door. :D

2. I think in the future, people will be able to distinguish between the OT and PT. Just a hunch tho...

It will be one or the other...

1) Really great. George Lucas' best movie to date. He wants his last to be the best and will pull out all the stops, to coin a phrase. He will tie up all loose ends and DAZZLE us with cool new effects.

2) It will suck on multiple levels leaving true hardcore SW fans jaded and scarred for life. In the future when these people have fully grown their grand-children will ask them "What was the greatest tragedy of your time" and they will reply "That would be Star Wars episode III: Jar-jar the Master Jedi"

This of course is just speculation. :D

Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt

Well in my opinion Episodes I & II didn't suck in the first place =p so I'm pretty hopeful about III. I'll just wait 2 more years.

I feel the same way. :)

I enjoyed the first two movies......they are great IMO.

The original movies are classics and classics are always great...

Episode 1 was a dissapointing because lotsa Star Wars geeks have expectations thinking it's gonna be exactly like the classic SW movies... Episode 2 was better but geeky hardcore SW fans still say it's not as good as the classics.

I say get with the times man!! :D

Episode I was the best for the first 10 minutes, with all the shiny metallic-ness of the Trade Fed ship and the destroyer droids. The rest deserved the mute button. Everytime Jake Lloyd opened his mouth, you knew it was going to be a load of crap (I'm not blaming it on him).

Episode II was ok, the Coruscant chase was the best bit in the movie, and Obi-Wan's journey in the film was great to watch. But the Battle of Geonosis left much to be desired, with the music and limited reactions of the characters, only seemed to further counterpoint the outrageousness of the entire battle. It was a total obvious 'conicidence.' I did like the colour of the sky during the battle, but it would be brilliant to have the kind of camera angles (and movements) as in LOTR, namely going around the Caverns of Isengard and the introduction's Battle at Mount Doom (both in the Fellowship). The next battle has to be more blue. Don't ask me why, it's probably because I think a slightly darker colour would encourage a tense atmosphere.

My biggest wish for Episode III, is some way of showing Coruscant's streets as silent and deserted. That would be brilliance.

IMO ep1 and 2 didn't suck

I admit that Jar Jar as well as little Ani were annoying, but other than that it was good. The thing that over the years star wars has been copied or greatly ininspired from, making star wars not stand out as much as it did 20-25 years ago, the movie industry evolved a lot, star wars didn't, but still, they're still great movies IMO. And i bet ep3 is gonna be very intense, and will probably be the best of all 6.

just my 2 cents

Originally posted by wassup

1. No I believe Episode 3 will be better than the last 2 because of the promise of better fights and less politics. Also if GL doesnt deliver his life will be in danger of being ended by hordes of angry fans waving lightsabers at his front door. :D

2. I think in the future, people will be able to distinguish between the OT and PT. Just a hunch tho...

The angry horde of fans that you refer to is slowly being assembled right here in New Jersey....Each day my army grows...

Even if Episode 3 turns out to be a success, we will still go through with our plans and storm Skywalker Ranch. Once we've gotten past the Rancors that guard the place we'll hunt down and locate George Lucas himself. We'll place our lightsabers to his puny little throat and demand that he continue Star Wars with a NJO Prequel Trilogy or TV series.

:p Wouldn't that be great? "Hordes of Star Wars Fans Bombard Skywalker Ranch in Anger of Episode 3"

Of course EP1-3 will make the Orignal Trilogy look bad because they were made with limited technoliges and ilm was not really thought of till the late 80's or something to improve cinema and digital effects that we so love in the star wars movies and george lucas needs to come up with a pretty damn good script and have much better improved special effects , pushing the envelope as he says not that EP2's were bad he is always looking to push boundries,well since they can make computer genrated characters like Jar Jar Binks:jarjar: and Watto:watto:, the clones,battle droids,the list is endless so why doesn't he just go back after EP3 and again improve the Orignal movies by replacing the outer shots of ships (x-wings) etc ,by computer graphics,and i know in the special edition of A New Hope there are some ILM shots of the x-wings etc .

just some ideas ;)

For sure the visual effects are better now, but i personally think the OT is much better than the two prequels we saw so far. Amd i'm not so sure about an extra special edition of the OT, i still want to recognize the movies i grew up watching.. i mean what is done is done, IMO, GL shouldn't tamper anymore with the OT.

I don't think EpI or EpII 'sucked' Ok Episode one wasn't that exciting but Lucas is building a story and used the first episode as an introduction of sorts. if u look at the story so far it is a lot deeper (on a plot level) than the OT, though i do love and (so far) prefer the OT. Dont forget EpI had the greatest lightsaber duel in any of the films thus far (Obiwan & Qui Gon Vs Maul). Also EpII had some great action sequences thought the duels at the end were a little short (and slightly comical in the case of Yoda Vs Dooku) and you got to see the massive transformation in anakin from the sweet sefless little boy to a cockey 18 year old who u can tell will slip to the DarkSide.

Personally i think that GL will deliver the Mother of all films in EpIII, look at the things that he will be covering:

1. End of the Clone Wars

2. Anakin Vs Dooku

2. Vader Vs Obi Wan

3. Vader Vs Windu (?)

4. Jedi vs The Jedi Traitor

5. The discovery of the Sith

6. The birth of the Skywalker twins

7. Obiwan and Yoda going in to hiding

and loads of other stuff so fingers crossed it will be a top film.

we're not sure we are gonna see the jedi purge, maybe we are gonna see a couple of them die, probably some of the council members to symbolically show that the jedi's era is falling apart or something, but i do agree on the fact that ep3 will probably be the best movie of the PT, well i hope so.

AOTC is my favorite Star Wars movie of all time. Nothing people say is going to change my point of view, as anything I say would be pointless babbling to anyone else who hates it. So I'm not going to argue my anger with them. I will simply sit back and layugh at their endless atempts to persuade people.... Person 1 ->:barf2:<-Person 2

Me ->:wstupid:

Originally posted by Purple_Tentacle

the special features talk about the use of the camera in the final EP.2 battle being likened to actual war footage. i liked it that way, for starwars. LOTR is a fantasy so swooping camera angles and stuff suits it.

Star Wars is, in essence, fantasy in space. If you think about it, it has more in common with fantasy stories than sci-fi anyway.

Originally posted by shidobu

Star Wars is, in essence, fantasy in space. If you think about it, it has more in common with fantasy stories than sci-fi anyway.

the use of the 'force' likens the jedi to fantasy characters, given, but the rest of the starwars universe is sci-fi as. it is a clever mixture.

but i see the style used to film the Clone War (shakey cameras etc) as perfect for starwars. very ANH opening sequence. and very sci-fi.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that George Lucas will go all out in this final tale of the saga. I mean, this is THE final chapter in the Star Wars Original Universe... No Episodes 7-9, no EU movies, just a bunch of fan films that are 2-20 minutes long. Rick McCallum is definitely hyped after seeing parts of the script on what will happen in the film. So, I am looking forward to Episode 3 as well. I also agree that I didn't think Episode 1 or 2 sucked. Not at all. People's opinion's are just based on the sheep-like feeling of the human nature. If one person says it sucks, most will be afraid to express their gratitude, so they go along with the bad rap.

2.) I believe that the future generations will enjoy both the Original Trilogy for its originality and the Prequel Trilogy, with its special effects and own uniqueness, especially since the prequels will be the last of the films made.

Archived