Home

Sexual Equality

Eldritch

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we have certainly come along way but yes I agree with you it has along way to go.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy to keep women down, but some men do close ranks and exclude female equals sometimes on purpose and sometimes with out being aware of what they are doing.

I would love to tell you why this happens but I am not in a mood to start a new fire fight with the provincials.

Sexual equality has been achieved in most places, but not all. But the largest problem with these women right organisations is that they only want to turn it the other way around. Heck, in some cases, women actually have more rights than men, but no one cares about them. These women right organisations are not pro sexual equality, they are pro turning it the other way around.

Don't get me wrong, of course. I am really for sexual equality.

Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn

Sexual equality has been achieved in most places, but not all. But the largest problem with these women right organisations is that they only want to turn it the other way around. Heck, in some cases, women actually have more rights than men, but no one cares about them. These women right organisations are not pro sexual equality, they are pro turning it the other way around.

Don't get me wrong, of course. I am really for sexual equality.

Good point. I'm for sexual equality as well, but like you said, many women are more intent on getting more than their share, rather than an equal share.

Granted, women were oppressed by men (generally speaking) in the past, but that's no reason to flip it around now. You can't seek to dominate under the banner of equality.

Originally posted by Aru-Wen

Good point. I'm for sexual equality as well, but like you said, many women are more intent on getting more than their share, rather than an equal share.

Granted, women were oppressed by men (generally speaking) in the past, but that's no reason to flip it around now. You can't seek to dominate under the banner of equality.

W3RD. (what jm and aru said goes for me too)

The thing is, I believe in equality of sexes, and I think the majority of people here would argue that this equality has not been achieved, and who believe in equality. Yet there are numerous women superiority groups, like you said ET, who are intent on proving that women are better than men, when in fact most men want just equality. I'm doing all about feminism in English at the moment, and how they believe that men are the weaker sex...it's all a load of bull crap to be honest. I don't think either sex is weaker, which is why should all have equal share in things. In terms of equality, we have progressed so much in the last 100 years or so. I bet someday though, these women superiority people will have their way lol

Without going into social Darwinism, men are indeed the stronger sex, if raw muscle mass is what it's based upon.

No, the two different sexes are not equal, nor will they ever be, but we can at least hope for equal wages on jobs where men and women can do the same job equally well.

Originally posted by C'jais

Without going into social Darwinism

but unfortunately thats what the world is running in. i think we can hope for equal wages but like just about everything else there will never be equality without idiocy. i'll try to have a report for ya'll tommorow. i did a report on equality but one of the things is for all the wrongs there is always a wanting for equal opposites meaning the people who were wronged need to be in control for a while then they will balance it out after their vengeance is satisfied. but then the other group will want to do the same thus it will never stop. but ill try to have a good report tommorow.

but we can at least hope for equal wages on jobs where men and women can do the same job equally well

One funny thing here, which is mostly forgotten, is a one small fact about wages. Nowadays they are not (always) equal, but the thing is: companys and governments save always money when somebody does the same job, equally good, but still takes less money than the guy next to her. As long as this is a universal way of action, why would the wage payer change it? They save real money.

Its like that with all minorities and women. They all want more and usually none of them want equality. (giving them money, affirmitive action, all this bs etc) I live in south dakota, its in the midwest, and recently the native americans (or indians as they actually prefer to be called believe it or not, and what they call themselves) recently boycotted mcdonalds and wal mart because an indian man was shot because he came after a cop carrying a knife... in this case it is bull ****. Wanting equality is different from wanting to be treated better and wanting money.... they should ask to be treated the same because right now they are treated better! (american indian are, black people usually are, same with latinos but less so), honestly the only group treated worse than the others is asian.

Originally posted by CagedCrado

Its like that with all minorities and women. They all want more and usually none of them want equality. (giving them money, affirmitive action, all this bs etc) I live in south dakota, its in the midwest, and recently the native americans (or indians as they actually prefer to be called believe it or not, and what they call themselves) recently boycotted mcdonalds and wal mart because an indian man was shot because he came after a cop carrying a knife... in this case it is bull ****. Wanting equality is different from wanting to be treated better and wanting money.... they should ask to be treated the same because right now they are treated better! (american indian are, black people usually are, same with latinos but less so), honestly the only group treated worse than the others is asian.

you call not being allowed to live outside a certain area being treated better. damn dude you just dont learn do you?!?! as a native american descendant I'm appauled at how idiotic you are by saying indians are being treated better. sure better than when they were being slaughtered for fun but still being allowed only to live inside one area is not good its called concentration camp.

I live here and i have seen these so called concentration camps. Free SUBURBANS free HOUSES and thats not just the ones that live on the reservation, thats the ones that live in the CITIES!!!! wow.... 12% of the population in the city i live in is native american and the state is 10%, sounds like they are contained in a small area huh? (btw i live in the second largest city)

It is in no way a concentration camp. Trust me. Im not at all racist, i have many friends that are native american, and to say that they are in a concentration camp is an uninformed response.

Oh ya and if i could prove i was a native american, id gladly live in this 'concentration camp' and have a free house and suburban, free college, medical, and the right to be a pain in the ass to everybody else.

I agree the reservation needs to be gotten rid of since it promotes this bs, but they are treated very very fairly.

Alright guys, chill and be friends, ok?

It's a little off-topic, but I think that in most cases the US is trying to right the wrongs that it did with the Native Americans. But like living anywhere in the US, they have a choice. I think most stay in the reservations due to the reasons Crado mentioned - free hospital, medical care, school, etc... but that doesn't mean they can't leave whenever they want to.

And Sith, calling it a concentration camp is a bit of a stretch, and a slap in the face to anyone who lived through one. No one is killed and/or tortured on reservations in the same way the Jews were in Nazi Concentration camps.

I'm hailing from London, England. I run my own business: a small financial advising firm. I, for one, am all for female equallity in the workplace...

...I let my female employees work longer so they can earn as much as the men!

That was just a little joke, although I do run my own little financial advising company. I have three employees: two men and one woman. There has been no problem with the different sexes, and I pay each person according to their post. The woman even earns more than one of the men at the moment, although he is in line for a raise soon. But, enough of me rambling.

This is only a small company, though. There are only four people in the office, so I can't tell you about larger companies/workplaces. However, as I say, there is no problem at my company!

By the way... the woman is fired. Joking!

Originally posted by Eldritch

Alright guys, chill and be friends, ok?

It's a little off-topic, but I think that in most cases the US is trying to right the wrongs that it did with the Native Americans. But like living anywhere in the US, they have a choice. I think most stay in the reservations due to the reasons Crado mentioned - free hospital, medical care, school, etc... but that doesn't mean they can't leave whenever they want to.

do you realize that the hospitals aren't free because of the government but because the indians now run them independently and the schools are not up to date because they have no way to get good supplies and they can't leave, noone wants them anywhere oh and crado you make arguments as they are living in the past well so is america for not shutting up about 9/11 thats in the past. and the native americans are still being treated badly. they have people coming in and stealing from them killing them and the police doing nothing and people wont let them leave because once again noone wants them. i do but im just me and apparently my words of truth can't change a biggots heart and opinion.

There is definitely not equality at the workplace. This girl I work with always gets treated very well by upper management because she wears low-cut blouses and short skirts. I tried that last Friday and they asked me to go home and change. That’s not very fair.

I agree with something C’jais said. Men and women are not equal and never will be (well never say never, we could evolve to be equal in another quadrillion years.)

I don’t think women will ever be cut out to do certain things like be President of the United States for one little reason: hormones. It’s a scientific fact that men are not affected as drastically by hormones as women are. Just look at that poor woman who drowned her kids in the bathtub because of postpartum depression (sarcasm intended.)

My point is that women claim to be special when it benefits them and they claim to be equal when it benefits them. That’s just idiotic.

*eye begins twitching*

Sorry, but I always wind up talking about this with my feminist girl friends and I always wind up getting slapped. Sort of an annoying topic for me, but I still feel strongly about it.

I think that if you even things out we have equality but men have it better in some aspects of the job and women have it better in other aspects.

I've heard of men, even though they were better qualified, applied first and maybe one or two other things, get turned down for a job and a women hired because the company, or place of work didn't have 'enough' female employees and were getting berated over it.

On the flip side, many people know that in some jobs women are held to the same physical standards as men, and because women are naturally weaker, slower etc. (in general) than men, they end up laid off, or demoted or such.

These are two general, broad points though, nothing about any specific jobs.

And like ioshee said

women claim to be special when it benefits them and they claim to be equal when it benefits them. That’s just idiotic.

"Women fight to be equal in the workplace but don't fight to be included in the draft".

Originally posted by NeoDios

"Women fight to be equal in the workplace but don't fight to be included in the draft".

if you read the original womens lib speeches they demanded with extra emphasis that they be allowed the right to be drafted. and men do the same when it's a female boss (well those that don't have any issues with sexual morality) also many male (usually over the age of 36) treat all women of the work place as sexual objects infact many women are hired because of their looks and not their talent or skills. women are also hired over men because the guy can't get any action so he has to intimidate a women that he hires into sleeping with him i found a chart somewhere that backs up what i say. i could try and find one on the net but it says that over 80% of women who are hired have been pressured by a boss into having sex with them and were hired only for that. so it's not that it's necessarily their fault some old guys sex drive shot up when she walked into the office.also women don't get much in the work place unless they flirt. unfortunately i have witnessed this first hand.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

if you read the original womens lib speeches they demanded with extra emphasis that they be allowed the right to be drafted.

Really? Cool. All right, well then, so long as they're trying to be equal in everything, it's all good. :D

Funny, I was about to bring that up myself. I REALLY wish that the states of America could pass the Equal Rights Amendment, which would essentially alter the Constitution/Amendments to state "men and women" or "citizens" in all cases where it currently says, "men." I'm all for it. If you ask a woman, they won't in their right mind say no to that, it sounds awesome. But, this thing was vetoed when it was proposed. The reason? An ultrafeminist campaigned HARD to get it vetoed, because it would subject women to the draft. I'm all for that, along with the rest of the ERA. In fact, women in the military now are playing an extremely important role, so far as I know, the only positions they are not allowed to occupy are infantry and submarine positions, though I may be wrong about that. But they certainly are capable...Jessica Lynch was captured shooting.

My ex-girlfriend goes to an all-women's college. THOSE I can't stand, along with men's schools. Why should anyone believe that the sexes need to be segregated in education? By doing that, you implicitly admit that the sexes are unequal, one way or the other, which I believe is totally unacceptable.

Interesting to be discussing this in an online gaming community, where screen names hide gender but most people here seem to be speaking as males...

You could consider pregnancy as draft. I mean most women get 2-3 children. That is 12-18 months of trouble with your body. The first three months aren´t bad, or so I´ve been told. After that the mother has to breast-feed and so on. In the US army there are women everywhere except in the combat parts.

Men and women are phychologically and physically different. Equal wages and the like are required IMO, but I guess that women and men will simply seek different jobs because they think differently.

Archived