Home

JK: Jedi Academy Info, Pics and Discussion! (ancient)

els.DarkLord

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by boinga1

hmmm...sounds a lot like KOTOR, looks a lot like a jk2 mod. very intriguing.

Thats exactly what I'm thinking. Complete character customization, free roaming around the galaxy? Even when I saw the screens I thought it was KOTOR. But, I don't thin it is because the views look too different

Well on that Gamestar secret link , the writing with the Jawa says:

Quote Gamestar:

connection establishment starting from... 01. April 2003

But I have no idea what the other shot it changes to is, my first thoughts were that it looked like something off Doom 3, but it does look remotely like a Rancor... Or just some nasty evil thing, e.g. Another Barney :D

Just looks like some crazy Starship Troopers bug...

Hmm... doublebladed sabres for a Jedi? DUAL sabres would be much more appropriate for a Jedi, or at least doesn't violate any known facts about Jedi. Jedi only use (possible EU stuff.) double-bladed sabres for training purposes. I think double-bladed sabres should be reserved only for Sith Lords, since double-bladed sabres are Sith-only.

Better to have a cheat to enable the double-bladed sabres for a Jedi. BUT we'll get the RIGHT animations this time, instead of the db-sabre cheat in MP jk2, without any actual db-sabre anims.

WJTW

There are some screenshots where you can see the rancor.

gamestar writes under these:

"A typical Script sequence: The station on Tatooine seems as become extinct, but suddenly the ground vibrate and an enormous claw seize around the corner. Under strong roar an enormous Rancor approaches. The fight against the monster seems inevitable. Even ducked it's still double as large as we are - is there still another way out?"

Sorry for the bad translation ;)

@WJTW

You'll get the double-bladed or the second saber only later in the campaign.

You'll get the double-bladed or the second saber only later in the campaign.

Yes, I'm aware of this. Nice to know that was the way they've planned it.

However, what I'm saying is, Jedi aren't supposed to use double-bladed sabres for regular purposes. Only Sith can. And since the game is called Jedi Knight 3, your main character can't be a Sith.

Of course, since the Jedi Order is restarted by Luke Skywalker, he might've made a few changes. I'm sure with the recent Dark Jedi appearing (in JK2, JK1), Luke might've wanted his students to be more well-prepared.

WJTW

Well on that Gamestar secret link , the writing with the Jawa says:

Quote Gamestar:

connection establishment starting from... 01. April 2003

But I have no idea what the other shot it changes to is, my first thoughts were that it looked like something off Doom 3, but it does look remotely like a Rancor... Or just some nasty evil thing, e.g. Another Barney :D

Just looks like some crazy Starship Troopers bug...

It said on starwars.com that db-bladed are Sith lightsabres. Sith use them (well trained ones, that is.). This showed how unfair Sith are. Jedi don't.

(1) KotOR, IMO, must be trying to get more people to play it, so, added the db-sabre.

(2) Or it might be the SITH or bad guys holding it.

(3) OR, it might be a different case 4000 years ago. Maybe such a rule isn't established 4000 years ago. But isn't it a little... convenient that the timelines for both games have either unestablished rules or changed rules?

So, I'm siding with (1) and (2).

WJTW

Too bad there's no default co-op, but depending on how things progress within the next few months and when we have more concrete information on JKIII, there is a good chance that Rebel Operations will move over to JKIII :D. Long live the co-op!

This is probably true since rumors have been around for months and there have been conference calls for Raven and they talked about JKIII and on some sites they said that Raven was to work on a sequel to JKII to meet some 2004 quota or something. Anyways from what I've heard this game will be sweet.:spin:

Originally posted by happydan

double saber could be made available if you choose the dark side?

No. The db-sabre choice doesn't seem to be affected by which side you join.

But IF it was, you must be a Sith, not just a normal Dark Jedi, to get it. Of course, that's an 'if'.

Speaking of Dark Side, if my main character now is Kyle's Padawan learner, I'll make sure he gets to the Dark Side. I want to make Kyle a failed Master. :)

WJTW

^agreed.

Defend functioned still automatically, and the program selects the suitable attack depending upon opponent position as for instance a surprising sword impact to the rear

dunno if that sounds good. i want total control

All I can say is that if this is true, then this is the game I've been waiting for. A SW FPS where you are a female in the lead role, and a Twi'lek at that! This is like a dream come true for me and I can't wait!

Archived