Home

JK: Jedi Academy Info, Pics and Discussion! (ancient)

els.DarkLord

Originally posted by possumking

what im wondering is if you can use force push, pull, choke or any other force power that you need to have a free hand to do, while using i double bladed saber or 2 sabers.

That was my first guess as well.

But what about No Force duels? :confused:

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

I honestly can't tell if you're kidding or not :D

CVG seem to have got their info about JK3 from Activision Europe, so I'd be pretty confident of it :xp::D

...And have you got a link to this "Microsoft buys Sega, Vivendi and BioWare" article? I'd love to read it :D

It wasn't one article, but several series over a long time...

The Bioware one was just in march, so you should have seen it :)

Posted by Com Raven

It wasn't one article, but several series over a long time...

The Bioware one was just in march, so you should have seen it :)

Somehow I'd missed it... I've let my subscription to PCZone (the PC mag from CVG) lapse due to lack of money, so I've been out of the loop for a little while...

Why shouldn't MS be acquiring BioWare, anyhow? :D

...And they are reliable about the games, dammit - just not so good on the corporate mergers front :xp::D

Originally posted by Lord_Plo_Koon

Looks like this thread has turned in to the "Ask Mike" thread:eek: . Anywho. Mike, would you know when raven would be releasing more screenshots/a game trailer?

i seriously doubt that they would have already made a game trailer for it if its gonna be released like next october.

Originally posted by C'jais

They can't really do anything apart from random blocking, can they? Not when Annie and his two sabers come flailing at them. We're not Dooku, fer chrissakes.

Isn't the way you suggested the current way it is working on JK2? I'd prefer an option to create a block and a attack key, you cannot attack while you're blocking, and vice-versa. If you hold down the block key, they will not be able to attack you while you're facing the opponent, and you can connect a good attack when the adversary is not either looking at you, or defending himself.

Neither can I, but I still wanna know how Raven intends to balance all this.

I personally would prefer 2 sabers for more damage (single or multiplayer), the catch is, if you have two sabers first you got it from somewhere, and second you'd have a more limited stance attack, but it is harder to block, but easier to connect a good attack.

Same thing for dual sabers... But of course, I can always put these things on my mod. ;):D

P.S. Sorry about the triple post, I am totally ashamed, the connection at work was so slow, that I refreshed, without knowing it was even posted once. :o My previous posts were deleted and my points refunded. :)

Maybe implement the Q3:Team Arena bonus system in the JK3 MP plus being able to see where a fellow player is using team overlay.

Maybe a voice radio system like Q3 has would be nice. It would enhance gameplay.

Threewave has it, in jk2 sdk it was in but never used. I wonder why....

Oh yes...make the maps a bit longer perhaps ? So instead of using 4 strafejumps to get to the other side of the map it'd take maybe 20 or so ? lol...

Since the sp is going to be twice as big as the JK2 game in sp, why not possible in MP ?

Oh well merely suggestions though...

Oasisfan

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

Not sure if you mean in SP or MP, but in either cases, I would say "yes".

Here is what I was on about, this is an example of how I changed Vader in the ultimate mod..

RebornVader

{

fullName "Vader, Darth"

playerModel rebornvader

saberColor red

rank ltjg

class desann

etc..

What I'm wondering is will we be able to change the ltjg or whatever they will be in JK-III so that we could make sith who don't use any force powers beyond, say jump and push, but who have the highest possible level of intelligence and the best saber fighting styles.

If possible it would be cool to add custom classes rather than changing ones already in use by charaters in the game.

I believe these classes are hard coded into JK-II

Originally posted by oasisfan

Maybe implement the Q3:Team Arena bonus system in the JK3 MP plus being able to see where a fellow player is using team overlay.

Maybe a voice radio system like Q3 has would be nice. It would enhance gameplay.

Threewave has it, in jk2 sdk it was in but never used. I wonder why....

Oh yes...make the maps a bit longer perhaps ? So instead of using 4 strafejumps to get to the other side of the map it'd take maybe 20 or so ? lol...

Since the sp is going to be twice as big as the JK2 game in sp, why not possible in MP ?

Oh well merely suggestions though...

Oasisfan

Some good ideas. Player location was actually featured on team overlay, its just that hardly any maps actually featured the required entities for it to work. The other problem was that if the location and player names were too long they got mixed up. Something i'd definitely like fixed for "JK3".

As for the multiplayer bonus system? I assume you're referring to all the little medals you got when you did something good. Yeah i'd like to see that as well, a nice "Holy ****" when you kill a flag-carrier at the last moment is very good for building confidence. Of course the bonuses would have to be adapted for the age rating...

umm i want to be able to have dual blasters by chance im not saying like dual rocket launchers just blaster pistols and im guessing their already gonna make it like this but i want it so double bladed sabers and dual sabers work like im saying that i hope both sabers or both parts of the saber will do damage and be able to be used to attack like the normal side im just sayin this because in the mods for jk2 the second saber or second blade on a saber didnt do anything it was just for looks.

Archived