Home

JK: Jedi Academy Info, Pics and Discussion! (ancient)

els.DarkLord

I never said I wanted the Vong. I am pointing out Dark Forces, Dark Forces: Jedi Knight II/Mysteries of the Sith, and Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast had the villians has the Empire in some form with bounty hunters mixed in. I still like that idea. I haven't read the New Jedi Order books and I know alot of EU people like them but I stay to the roots of Star Wars. I want the villians to be Empire, Bounty Hunters, rancors, other Star Wars creatures, throw in the Hutt's somewhere, etc.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think just some imperials because it is about a jedi aprentice (the player) not kyle (a mercanire for the rebels,i.e rebels vs empire) but mostly saber wiedly oppentents like the reborn but tougher and with some konwledge of the force not total idiots (REBORN !!)

Thank You legameboy it is true though the reborn are complete idiots, well evidence is...............................

1.they can't duel to save there live (because kyle will chop them up :D )

2.they have absoultly no knowledge of the force (well tell a lie the reborn boss does use a pathetic push on you which i think is at force level 1)

3.against many of them (well this happened to me) trying to get an attack agianst the player they will accidently kill the other reborn if in there way like one in front of the other

If any one else has a point about reborn please post

sorry to go of topic about JA :)

I think Jedi Academy is going to be cool. To make your own Jedi and own lightsaber and learn the force as your progress through the game too. If they are fighting Reborn Jedi or Dark Jedi or Sith or whatever evil force-welding people, it would not be fun to fight just villians who use the force. That is my opinion. I notice a Rancor was in it. That is cool! Adding Kyratt Dragons, Wampas and other deadly creatures from the star wars universe would be cool too. I am hoping they still use the empire as well. Throw in some rodian bounty hunters like (Greedo), trandoshan bounty hunters like (Bossk), maybe IG-88, a Hutt with his mercenaries, and other important star wars bounty hunter species. That would be a cool game.

regards to the storyline in the new game, i hope its not going to be based upon the EU books, etc etc...stick to the movies

I know that Katarn and the Yavin jedi school were invented in the EU, but further than that is just silly, like this new terrible race thats immune to force powers, gimme a break!

I rekon that it'll be back to Jedi before the collapse of the republic, EP2 stuff. Jedi as peacekeepers and stuff, running around solving mysteries like Obiwan, that would be cool. So of coarse is you play a Padawan, you'll be going around with your master most of the time, thats cool too. Mike Gummelt said that JK:JA could be team-based in SP because of their experience with Elite Force and SOF2, and their neat little Icarus, which has been upgraded. Icarus was meant for scripted events such as teamwork, and it worked really well in EF. So my guess is this is the way Raven are going with the singleplayer.

I bet there will be stormtroopers, theres bound to be pockets of imps around the place...its just not star wars without those anonymous faceless idiots, "hey, you there!" "you dont need to see my identification" "i dont need to see your identification..."

NOTE: i know it sounds like i mean the game is set EP2 period, i know its not, i just mean the Jedi's purpose in that time should be the same as in JA, they do the same stuff...protect the innocent, get the baddies, "negociate" disputes etc etc

:)

Swimming was such an important aspect in JK. Water was used in puzzles and simply used to make the levels much more interesting. JO's swimming was pathetic, I mean really pathetic. Water was only used in the Swamp level, which kind of sucked considering how widely used it was in JK. I hope that Raven does a much better job with water puzzles and incorperating it into levels in JA. Jedi Knight was on many levels a much better, more inovative and thought out product then Jedi Outcast. I think that Raven should hire some of the level designers that made JK to be used in JA.

I've own all the Dark Forces series, and I think that they are all bang up games. But JK was far more memorable for me than JO. I hope that they do a better job with JA and release a finished product this time.

I hate how you just sit there bounching up and down in that rigid position like your jumping. You colden't get out of the water either and you coldn't force jump out of it. arrg! it was a real dissapoint ment after jk. Also i kinda wish that u could put thoes paremter defences in MP. Maby some portabe contrable turrets would be good too...

The bobbing was terrible. You couldn't get out of the water alot of times or sometimes I would get stuck underneath the water and drown.

I think an awesome force jump like you see Jedi's doing in Episode I and II would be cool. The jump in Jedi Knight I was not good.

Throw in some rodian bounty hunters like (Greedo), trandoshan bounty hunters like (Bossk), maybe IG-88

All of the IG-88's (4) were killed before jk3 (last 1 died during the battle of endor). But I get ur point Joesdomain ;)

Ah, but aren't you forgetting that there was the special, limited edition, gold-plated IG-88.5 model? There was also the IG-88(SAU) unit released (that's Special Assassin Unit). Only 600 copies made! Those are real collectors items, you know. :)

Ok this is form PC gamer in england the magazine talks about some features that were not mentioned so i will tell you

there are two level names confirmed called "Fatal Countdown" and "Rancor" the editor is not anything like GTKRadiant it uses a "model system" to create maps (i'll get back to you on this) in multiplayer you can run up walls and such (possiblility of lege grabbing but in multiplayer multiplayer also uses the GHOUL2 System from Sp and putting it to a better extent than in JK2's Multiplayer

In Single player the force powers that were exclusive to JK2 Multiplayer can be used (excluding the team sharing force powers) in single player

i'll add more when i find out more

Originally posted by joesdomain

I think an awesome force jump like you see Jedi's doing in Episode I and II would be cool. The jump in Jedi Knight I was not good.

How do they differ, exactly? In ep2 they do somesaults; youy can do that in jk2. In ep1 we see Obi-wan do an amazing jump; jk2 is sorta like that...almost...

Ah, but aren't you forgetting that there was the special, limited edition, gold-plated IG-88.5 model? There was also the IG-88(SAU) unit released (that's Special Assassin Unit). Only 600 copies made! Those are real collectors items, you know.

When IG-88A:deathii: was destroyed the lot of mechanicle clones couldnt be activated :)

ur making fun of me! :jab:

*sniff*

My apologies for not researching if this is under discussion elsewhere.

OK, my understanding of the 2 sabres is that you can attack or defend with both or defend with 1 and attack with the other.

The question I have is, how are you going to control each arm seperately? Is 1 arm going to be dumbed down or auto? That would stink. But how can you control 2 arms seperately? Will it be more of attacking with both, but if needed to block, the appropriate hand would do it when you press the block button (if 1 will exist)?

I'm curious and not to imaginative right now, so, what are all of your thoughts?

Archived