Home

JK: Jedi Academy Info, Pics and Discussion! (ancient)

els.DarkLord

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LUCASARTS AND RAVEN STAFF, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SHORT SENTENCES:

Do not listen to people with bad grammar, they are spamming idiots and they know not of what they speak. If there is by some strange chance someone with bad grammar that has a good idea, it will be restated with someone who doesn't sound like a trolling moron. Thank you.

Anyways, I have a lot of faith in Raven and LEC this time around. Just the fact that they are doing this sequel and have added so many wonderful things really restores my trust in LEC (Raven never did anything wrong, LEC controls just about everything).

Don't know if anyone from Raven is still watching, but will there be any ships that you can explore, such as the Lady Luck (Lando's ship) in JOII?

BTW, I'm relatively new to mapping, but I'm working on an explorable Millenium Falcon and would love to see something similar in JKIII. I've got the exterior pretty much finished, along with the interior of the cockpit. I'm working on the interior at the moment in a separate map, but will eventually combine the two. I'm currently getting some help on exterior textures from Chuckles. If you're interested, check out my thread in the showcase forum at Massassi.net. It's under the subject YT-1300. CMAC

I would like to see a vast improvement in the Saber moves. While i will concide that JK2 was better that many of the 3rd person shooters melee systems. I personaly that it was a let down. I was expecting it to be a little more. Then there were the issues with multipayer and sigle player diferences in the saber fighting. there were some other things that concerned me with the game i shall list them. I however wont hold a grudge, just hope that JK3 will implement improvements.

Here is my wish list, based on the concerns I had with JK2.

1) More veriety of moves, and make every useful in sume manor.

2) I would like more distinction between the stances. They seemed in JK2 to be nearly identical, other then speed and damage effects. (I know this is a game, but as an expereince real life swords man, damage, is about commitment, strikethough, and location of strike through. Simply balancing the by slowing the actack, i see as crazy.)

3) Stances, I think should focus more on Angle and position of attack and defence.

4) a suggestion i thought for a long time, whould be to add a secound attack button for melee of the saber. Have one that dose more chopping up and down attacks, and the other more slashing left to right attacks. That alone would make saber fighting a lot more realistic, as well as workable in the game. You then can ferther add veritey of the moves by the adding in the directional controls and etc. You can then add in chops swings, in verious combinations, to produce a endless veriety of striking.

5) I am Sure that many will yell at me for saying this, but i think that it should be added that Backwards movement should be slower then the other directions. This will also help make saber battles more realistick, and ovoid situations where people simply run backwards to escape and attack at the same time which I always see as insainly bizzar, and its not realistic either.

6) I want to be able to Wall Walk and Roll without the light saber.

7) It also be nice if you can jump of the walls and get some far distence.

8) I do not thing that the same powers should not be Stronger for the NPC in the game. To often in JK2 I would see Reborn use force push, or pull to flip over the tripod auto guns, and mines. to that they never were hurt from them. That power is fine, except for the fact that I as the player could not do it. Either make it imposible for them to do it, or give the player that ability to.

9) For saber through, I actualy am fine the way it is, but would prefer if you could throw it in two ways. One I would like to see it thrown like one throws a baseball. Fast with as asmuch strenght. Basicly i am think over head with lots of power. YOu can use the force to pull it back, or keep it out in its spining fasion. I also think spinning is unnecassary but it does increase the threat area.

10) Some have suggested a defence button, I am aggreable to that, but I also thought up the idea of having a "Combat stance" button this woul work like the styles. you could cycle through options like "Devensive" "Agressive" "Balanced" "Fast" and etc. That gan determain the amout that you put into protection, and attack excet. where as Style determans the angle an methode of attack.

11) For sake of movie likeness. I would also like to see nice kicks, elboins, and disarms incorperated. I like the disarming stuff. And I like the saber locks. I would add to saber loks the option to back out and to hold the other person in. Hence push backwards, to get out, but if you want to stay in push farward. Also it would be nice if you can move while in a saber lock... It makes it look more like a test of wills.

12)I have stuff for the other weapons too. I would like the blaster beams to move faster. as well as a lot of the other guns. I found that it was realy difficult to hit target with the blasters, they moved to slow. Other shooter games were able to have very fast shots while still making them visable. Dodging blasts was also quite easy. One hardly needed Force speed to accomplish.

13) Back to wall walking, I would like the distence to could do it to be doubled.

14) Something i wish form nearly every game I have played: I would like the NPCs in the game to be smart and effective in a realist fasion. Also I would like them to have limited ammo too. They could also have weapon veriety too. (I know its madness to desire that but i do)

15) The AI of the NPCs in the JK2 i thought were stupid. They moved, and did thinks I found annoying. I would like to see them do things, like jump behind cover, and move in realistic ways. They could do things a little more like Half-life. In JK2 they operated to much from a "Game Mechanics" mode of stratagy. Not very believable even if it worked.

16) A thing that also i didsliked in JK2 was the ability for the enimies to know ehre you are instentainiously, and through walls. I could see them using 3rd person view, bad guys around corners, who can see me, and they could keep their cross hair right no me, no mater where i moved, and the could not see. Also then there was those sniper guys too, how difficult it was for the player to be a acurate they were.

17) When operating the AT-ST I would have like a 1st person veiw. On that level where you used it, I hardly bothered with it, because the altitued i had to aim at 75% of the time was totally obscured from the very walker i was operating. Or a more ofset camera up or down would have worked.

18) I also agree that Fists would be nice. Especialy if your light saber is not in your hands. Also I would like to be able to swich weapons when the saber is out of my hands.

19) I am ot against the idea of having to aim on you fallen light saber in order to pull it back.. IT would make it interesting if you had to deal vs a light saber with out one becasue of were it fell, works well with hand to hand. And be nice if you can pick up other's light sabers. make battle interesting if you switch sabers back and forther, or pick up fallen opponents to get a secound one.

20) In multipayer I would like to sipulate specific powers as open or closed. I was not pleased with the point system implemented in Jk2.

21) In multiplayer I also would like an assult mode, where teams act as defender and attacker, like in Unreal, and more so Counterstrike.

22) In multiplayer, would like the bots to work much better. The moved so strangley, in little circles, and always moving their view up and down. Slowing the speed of backing up i think would help with them.

23) I would like Multiplayer to work like single player. I want them to be only diferent by human players. In JK2 they were like two differnt games. The powers work diferntly, the NPCs work diferntly, and visuals were all difernt. Also only allowing one personal Duel, needs to be eliminated. I think also if adding extra benifits to the personal dueling would help. Give more then just full health. More points, or bonous idems. exct.

24) I want to have harder difficulty settings of the game to include increasing number of opponents. Not simply making them super fighters.

ok, that was long. I spent to much time thinking about it. :atat:

There easier to read now.

uh, guys. Just asking for manual blocking "button" isn't very helpful to Raven. There's no explaination on how it would work or be balanced in the game.

Asking for a more "involving" blocking system is a more reasonable request because that gives Raven room to figure out how to impliment it since you don't seem to have a specific concept in mind anyway.

1. If you guys have read the latest interview, you'd know there's already some very hefty enhancements to the lightsaber combat, and more to come no doubt.

2. A manual block button sounds good on paper, but when you impliment it, it's rather horrible.

Originally posted by Emon

1. If you guys have read the latest interview, you'd know there's already some very hefty enhancements to the lightsaber combat, and more to come no doubt.

2. A manual block button sounds good on paper, but when you impliment it, it's rather horrible.

Uh...the latest interview says that they're using the same blue/yellow/red system with some "enhancements". There's no evidence that the enhancements is anything more than some balancing changes and the dual/double saber stuff.

And, I agree, fully manual blocking DOES NOT WORK for saber combat. It would, however, work for something like sword combat which is slower and where the fighters don't "see the future".

Well, here's hoping that the "enhancements" include less uber-moves, more depth to the combat, better blocking code, and true lethality. Damage should not be dependent upon how fast or hard you swing a sabre. All hits should be equal in damage, if you ask me (which nobody did, I realize).

I don't mind the blue/yellow/red system, but the differences should be how well they defend and attack, not how much damage they take off.

On another note, I'd love to have a class-based objective-focused game mode a la RTCW. I too have a bit of a problem with missile-launcher wieldin' jedi. That said, I would hope that this would simply be an additional game mode, and NOT that one style of play would end up taking the place of others. IE: DM should be left as it is and included, but also include the team/class-based multiplayer mode.

Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers for this one. I REALLY hope that it can finally give us the JK game we all hope for.

As much fun as it would be to block shots on your own. I don't see how that would work out. Like they said somewhere in one of the interviews they could not add to many force powers or it would be a mess. So the same thing applies with the saber combat system, things would be messy with an manual auto block system.

Archived