Home

JK: Jedi Academy Info, Pics and Discussion! (ancient)

els.DarkLord

Dear JKII.net forum members,

I'm new here. I've been browsing through your forums and found it rather interesting. I have some opinions about the new JK:JA.;) I would think that JA allows you to use a power called Force Levitation. You could raise any object you see and float it around. Then, you could Force Push it towards the enemy or something...Bah, I'm bad at describing!

:D Anyway, I'm looking forward to this game!

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read the Jedi Academy webpage on Lucasarts.com. It doesn't really say who the bad guys or villians are in this. I assume since it says it happens right after Jedi Outcast then it still involves the remanent of the Empire. I hope it stills does. It would be so cool to fight Stormtroopers, Imperial Officers, Imperial Navy Troopers, Imperial Probe Droids, Garbage Compactor creature, different bounty hunter species, maybe even include Imperial Scout Troopers with their speeder bikes or Imperial Interrogator Droids. I notice the cool screenshot of the Rancor. I perrsonally want to see Wampas, mynock, Krayt Dragons, and other creatures from the original trilogy movies.

[Edit: My thinking on this is:

It is cool to be able to make your light sabers and customize your own Jedi and start out as padawan and learn your way up to Jedi Master, etc. But it doesn't make sense of they don't put a story in here with bad guys. The bad guys at the time after Jedi Outcast are still the Empire.[/Edit]

Admin Note: Try editing posts for future reference instead of double posting.

First of all, welcome to the forums, HaruGlory! :D

Have fun, and enjoy your stay :thumbsup:

*edit* Threads got merged - welcome to you too, Tesla Trooper! :):D

Posted by HaruGlory89

I've been browsing through your forums and found it rather interesting. I have some opinions about the new JK:JA.;) I would think that JA allows you to use a power called Force Levitation. You could raise any object you see and float it around. Then, you could Force Push it towards the enemy or something...Bah, I'm bad at describing! :D

That would be interesting, but I don't think it would really be feasible to make a Force power like that which would actually be usable... I think it would be too fiddly... It might be fun to see a return of Force Throw from JK1, though - that was similar to what you described, and could work in JA :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this game!
Glad to hear it - I think most of us are, too :D

While it's true that Empror Palpitine doe cakkle evilly in ROTJ there something reserved about his that there's not in the reborn. Maby it's that he not jumping aruond like a mexican juping bean with a hyperactivity problem(I hope they fix that it JK3). Anyway more myterious and deep and evil about Palpitine. Reborns are like stormtroores. No personality.

If you were paying attention in JK2 the entire story was about dark force injected warriers.

While it's true that Empror Palpitine doe cakkle evilly in ROTJ there something reserved about his that there's not in the reborn. Maby it's that he not jumping aruond like a mexican juping bean with a hyperactivity problem(I hope they fix that it JK3). Anyway more myterious and deep and evil about Palpitine. Reborns are like stormtroores. No personality.

BTW If any of you were paying attention in JK2 the entire story was about dark force injected warriers, so i guess Lucas deccred that it can be done and since he created it wat he says goes. (oops posted twice;i dont know how to delete)

well since i think that reborn are just stormtroopers enpowered with the force, then the above makes sense. btw, if you look at the image files for the imperial and reborn faces, they're almost exactly the same, with a shadow added on the reborn face.

actually boinga, i think the pic of the reborn with the new guy is just a comparison to how the details looked last year, and how they pale to the new details.. because the filename is called model comparison or something like that..not sure, because I am talking from a unit that is at a bowling alley here in ofallon, IL... just bowled a terrible 139... I average a 170 usually but I just had my ball re-drilled with new tips and spacing, so I had a learning experience to get used to the new feeling from the drilling

Well, I didn't see any imperials (or remnant forces ;)) in the screens and I've read in an interview that your character faces some kind of evil organisation... And they happen to have lightsabers...

No mention of the remnant, I hate that. I hope it's not just this organisation you have to fight. It's ok to have an enemy beside the remnant, kinda like the organisation of count dooku, but please... PLEEEEASE make me fight stormies again! I love 'em!! :trooper:

the lack of Imperials will definately make the game less fun, but still... Some of the screens kinda reminds me of Komari Vosa's lair in bounty hunter for gc. I absolutely hated the last missions on that moon...

PLEEEEASE make me fight stormies again! I love 'em!!

Lets make a 'Stormies in JK: JA' petition right away... no seriously, I want to slize off Stormie helmets aswell, theyre star wars more than anything, except for Jedi's maybe.

Originally posted by boinga1

well since i think that reborn are just stormtroopers enpowered with the force, then the above makes sense. btw, if you look at the image files for the imperial and reborn faces, they're almost exactly the same, with a shadow added on the reborn face.

i was referring to JO. also i meant the image files in assests0.pk3 for JO. NOT JA!

I just want to post some of my earlier ideas, when the JKIII rumours started emerging around the end of January. ;)

Originally posted by Hèkx Nòxú

Hopefully they'll add character customization for MP.

Make SP sabre combat either the same or similar to MP.

Kyle can either be a NPC or dead, and you can play as an apprentice or child of Kyle.

Manual blocking would be good, maybe a meter to control the force of deflecting.

I would like to see faster force regen / more force for Masters and less for Initiates.

Some RP elements would be nice.

SP should be more SW-like with the threat of the Darkside meaning you can fall to the Darkside.

If you do enough negative actions, your allignment will drop below average and eventually you will become a dark jedi.

Alternative endings.

Custom hilt creation / hilt selection.

Maybe some more sabre colours. (Silver / White / Light Blue)

Tons of other features I've heard people speak of, aswell as ones included in the JKIII poll. :)

Here's that really really old post. :D

Originally posted by Squater

the lack of Imperials will definately make the game less fun, but still... Some of the screens kinda reminds me of Komari Vosa's lair in bounty hunter for gc. I absolutely hated the last missions on that moon...

Lets make a 'Stormies in JK: JA' petition right away... no seriously, I want to slize off Stormie helmets aswell, theyre star wars more than anything, except for Jedi's maybe.

Done, I made a poll :) Cool huh ;) Vote here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96491

I would say, that the lightsabre in the game is the best weapon ever seen... No other game has something like that and that is why so many players played it... the projectile weapons are ****, u can use in every other shooter or game weapons, but the sabre is something new :)

i love it and dont use anything else but th sabre...

Yes, the Emperor does laugh in RotJ, but he doesn't do it in the goofy

air-head sort of way the "reborn" do. There's a big difference. :)

And I also hope there will be remnant Imperial forces in JK III.

Oh, and in regards to the "reborn", they don't make any sense. You are either

strong with the force, or you are not. You have to keep in mind that the only

true canon in Star Wars is the movies themselves. Lots of silly things happen

in these various books and games, but it's not an issue, since only the movies

really count.

just to clarify on my last post:

i'm all for having guns in JK:JA, i just game some instances where guns would be warrented, to prove the point to ppl against guns being in the game. I love the guns in JK2 now, thanks to Artifex's PROmod :) bounty hunter rocks

also, the guy who posted the keydefs for my saber combat moves (sorry i forgot your name, was on the last page) thats pretty much what i was looking for, except the blocking moves will be activated by holding a button, ALT or something, instead of it being a toggle. And i agree with you totally that saber swings should be independant of how your body is moving, but thats a hell of a lot of keys to press...i once played this knights game (like dark ages knights) where you had sword combat and the whole numeric keypad was used purely for sword moves...thats when games didnt use mice, just the arrow keys..aaah those were the days, i cant remeber the last game i just used the arrow keys in...whoops off topic...loopy....its 2:30am here :)

anyway, those who didnt see my last post to know what im talkin about, go back one page. And if combat like this isnt in the final game, i will definitely put it in myself. wow deja-vu...

Guest Jolts
And i agree with you totally that saber swings should be independant of how your body is moving, but thats a hell of a lot of keys to press...

wouldn't it actually only ad 1 more key? since your combining a 2 button command into 1? instead or primary attack you have swing left, and instead of alt attack you have swing right, you just need 1 more attack for an overhead swing.No more starfeleft+primary attack, its just swing left, unless your on the move and fighting a group.

Yeah, I agree! It wouldn't be Jedi Knight without the stormtroopers. Hopefully, Imperial Remenant will be in the story. It would be stupid if you just fought Dark Jedi or Sith and Bounty Hunters throughout the game. I hope it isn't a criminal organization either.

Strange how some of you wanted the new Jedi Knight game to take place during the New Jedi Order, even though I hadn't read the books, its my understandings that it has nothing to do with the Imperials, but instead the Yuuzhan Vong. So, now you guys are wanting back the Stormtroopers... Well, I don't care who I fight. Just another tally mark in my book

Archived