Home

JK: Jedi Academy Info, Pics and Discussion! (ancient)

els.DarkLord

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will it be the same PC REQS like jk2?/

i got a amd 1ghz with 640 mb ram and a gf2 mx 400

with default jk2 ran pretty fine what about jk3?? will it use the same engine? so i can cause havoc again or will i have to buy something new for it??

i think that a lot of people whant an asnwer to the pc req question

tell us a bout it

Originally posted by Andy867

Actually Boinga, Jedi Outcast did support one other gamemode called SAGA, but unfortunately it was never implemented into MP, but it was left into the source code. I think it was Razor Ace or Artifex that emailed JKII.net about it.

well, he said "decent" SAGA mode, so I assumed he meant one that Raven implemented, but that that one inlcuded was inferior in some way, so I had to agree that "that" ("that" being a superior SAGA mode) was not in JO.

Yea, I don't see why they don't implement structural damage to everything, life if I throw a thermal detontator into a building, I just don't want to hear a bang, and have the building unchanged.. I want to be knocked onto my ass, walls in flames, smoke sapping the breathable air from my lungs kind of thing.

Hey, I was wondering, is Jedi Academy gonna use the same engine that Jedi Outcast uses? Ya know, the modified Quake 3 one? And is it gonna be just an expansion to JO or is it going to be a standalone product? OR will it be a standalone game that also works as an expansion??:confused:

Originally posted by thomoo

Hey, I was wondering, is Jedi Academy gonna use the same engine that Jedi Outcast uses? Ya know, the modified Quake 3 one? And is it gonna be just an expansion to JO or is it going to be a standalone product? OR will it be a standalone game that also works as an expansion??:confused:

JA will again be using the Quake III engine, although it will be even more modified than it was for JO. It will be a standalone product, and it is not really a part of the Dark Forces series (which details the adventures of Kyle Katarn). As such, it is not Dark Forces 4, Jedi Knight 3, or Jedi Outcast 2. However, it will be tied into this series of games.

Well, after his wife divorced him and took half of his assets, his wallet became very SMALL. And a car accident in his early years almost killed him, so I think Lucas deserves a little of our gratitude, especially since he was nearly killed in that accident. Imagine if he had been.. No star wars, no luke or Kyle Katarn, nothing. No Darth Vader. (Here's gasps and disbeliefs in the crowd)

(For those who have taken up Jedi as a religion, do not fret, Lucas is still alive and well and will continue to allow the name of star wars to flourish.) Now that the scare is over, we can all resume normal lives:) (maybe)

[EDIT:

My guess is that it will require a PIII or AMD 600 MHz minimum or faster processor, along with a minimum of 64 to 128 MB RAM, along with a 64 MB Graphics display card with OPENGL (since thats what the Q3A engine uses). And probably be between 150-700 MB available hard drive space, depending upon possible custom install features, etc. and then probably like a 56k Modem or faster for internet connection, and like a 600-700 MHz processor or faster for internet play. 6-8X CD/DVD ROM, keyboard and mouse, etc. just the usual stuff for a game using the Q3A engine.[/EDIT]

Damn! I thought he had everything down fairly well. I suppose some of the movies could have been done better, but I would not say ANYTHING about JO "sucks", except maybe it could have had a longer single player mode...but I suppose one just cannot get enough of a good thing.

Well, the idea of Jedi's having a heavy repeater doesn't exactly strike most with all that of a positive response. Plus, the exclusive photos were from those who tested the game, and that the editor felt would get the best response. Also, the implementation of guns may still be in the production phase, while lightsabers, which is what the game is geared heavily towards, was probably given a higher priority.

Originally posted by Andy867

Well, the idea of Jedi's having a heavy repeater doesn't exactly strike most with all that of a positive response. Plus, the exclusive photos were from those who tested the game, and that the editor felt would get the best response. Also, the implementation of guns may still be in the production phase, while lightsabers, which is what the game is geared heavily towards, was probably given a higher priority.

Although Jedi in the New Jedi Order use guns. :rifle1:

Jedi used guns (and other non-saber weapons) in the Tales of the Jedi comics as well.

It's totally logical that a force user wouldn't be limited just to a lightsaber in combat. We've seen Jedi fighter pilots too for example...

Well, last time I checked Kurgan, Jedi couldn't breathe in space;) I bet if they could, they would have like Gundam Wing-like craft with big @$$ lightsabers to wield in space... lol. or not, just a spur of the moment thought. lol

Probably not the point of this thread, but..: Has anyone mad a stand alone single player expansion for JO? Sort of like Deu Ex's "Zodiak"? Plus, is it possible to use JO models in any other game? I was thinking of Quake III or GTA III or something. AND if possible, how?:explode::monkey4:

:explode::explode::explode::explode::explode::explode:

Well, the thing with expansion's is that the expansion has access to the Single Player source code, which only Raven Software does. So to make a full expansion they would need to first release the source code, which we know won't be happening.

Archived