Home

JK: Jedi Academy Info, Pics and Discussion! (ancient)

els.DarkLord

Originally posted by Andy867

Well, the idea of Jedi's having a heavy repeater doesn't exactly strike most with all that of a positive response. Plus, the exclusive photos were from those who tested the game, and that the editor felt would get the best response. Also, the implementation of guns may still be in the production phase, while lightsabers, which is what the game is geared heavily towards, was probably given a higher priority.

Thanks, I was just wondering. :)

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've never seen a canon example of a Jedi trying to hold his breath in vacuum... though there's some stuff in the EU that I don't really remember.

Still, a Jedi in a Zero-G combat suit? Cool.

Jedi Fighter pilots we've seen. They're cool.

It's just the whole notion of Jedi in their desert robes, charging into battle with nothing but a lightsaber, that I find somewhat silly (even in AOTC)... in this era of turbolasers, missiles and other explosives, etc. Sure a Jedi can block a few blaster shots from some guards, but they're really out of their element just as is.

"We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers." So Jedi SOLDIERS would be armed and armored far more intelligently. It would be kind of neat to see some Stormtroopers fighting alongside one another in Episode III, then we see them take off their helmets and find out they're Obi-Wan and Anakin! ; )

I would think that they'd at least wear some body armor, or helmets. I mean how many Jedi died in the Genosis arena? Quite a few... deaths that could have been prevented had they worn proper battle gear. I know they were assembled in a hurry, but gee wiz... these aren't Federation Redshirts we're talking about here!

Anyway, in the GAMES, the possibility to outfit Jedi intelligently in battle exists. So far Kyle and Mara seem to be the only ones with any sense in that regard.

For balancing purposes, some of the RPG's may make the Jedi weak like this, but I wouldn't bet they would be for JKA.

But Jedi Soldiers would not exist, just Jedi Knights, which already did the job. The Jedi are there to protect people, not to fight wars. So plus, Obi-wan was saying that lightsabers are A Jedi's Weapon, for the more civilized age, not as clumsy or random as a blaster. with a lightsaber if you swing at a person's arm, there is a good chance that is where the blade will go until an opposing force like another lightsaber stops it, where as with blasters, if you aim for the head, you'd be lucky to hit their chest.

Why blaster? just NUKE em

Im going to take the guess that they don't have nuke's and if u think a nuke is the answer to everything u need some help.

Who cares about guns thats just cheep. O look at me i can shoot u and u cant stop me. How unscivised is that its almost as bad as missiles. Ummmmm long rage missiles i dont even have to see who im killing, i mean how pathetic is that and what a lack of skill.

A jedi is a skillful fighter that is capabil of tackeling any situation with the assistance of threre saber or the force. I mean name me 1 handheld gun from starwars that could go through a blast door like Qui's saber in Ep1.

Originally posted by flaming_wolf

Im going to take the guess that they don't have nuke's and if u think a nuke is the answer to everything u need some help.

Who cares about guns thats just cheep. O look at me i can shoot u and u cant stop me. How unscivised is that its almost as bad as missiles. Ummmmm long rage missiles i dont even have to see who im killing, i mean how pathetic is that and what a lack of skill.

A jedi is a skillful fighter that is capabil of tackeling any situation with the assistance of threre saber or the force. I mean name me 1 handheld gun from starwars that could go through a blast door like Qui's saber in Ep1.

U have somekind of problems?? I can advise a shrink maybe hell help ya loony :nut:

Originally posted by Andy867

This is a thread for Jedi Academy info, not the classified ads people. Either get back on topic, or I'll lock it, and if tempted, possibly delete it. Hope you guys don't mind losing points and posts count.

No!! MY POINTS!! NO!!

Bow to the mighty Andy, bow to him....lol, won't kill me to lose a few points.

I don't know whether this has been commented on yet...

but I reckon in JK:JA MP, you should be able to roll, wallwalk, etc in 3rd person when you have a gun selected. I mean, with all the force, the saber doesn't give a jedi the ability to wallwalk or roll. Its better on SP, where with guns you can roll and all...

Thats just a thought :D

Originally posted by Izzy

I don't know whether this has been commented on yet...

but I reckon in JK:JA MP, you should be able to roll, wallwalk, etc in 3rd person when you have a gun selected. I mean, with all the force, the saber doesn't give a jedi the ability to wallwalk or roll. Its better on SP, where with guns you can roll and all...

Thats just a thought :D

A very good point. Using any weapon in third person view should still allow you to do all the special moves. But actually, I don't think I've every tried this :)

Originally posted by Solbe M'ko

I never tried it either, but I did notice that you can roll around on the first missions while holding a gun, I don't know if you can shoot and roll at once, though. That wouldn't be very accurate anyway.

If you have rolling and such enabled with guns in MP, you can shoot while rolling and it's unrealistically accurate - it shoots dead on target through the whole roll.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to go off the subject adn all but will the game come with any Admin features?

Like a few good mods haev added some but are there gonna be any already in the game besides kick and kickban?

I know that some people think that all you really need is kick and kicban because if you can get the disruptive elements from the server then there goes the problem. But i'd disagree as if a player is kicked he goes to another server...but if they were to realsie that the server can stop them from lameing then they realsie every server has this means then the'll soon realise the futility of lameing...:D

P.S.

Whats this points system?

• 8 months later...

Whoa, this one brings back memories!

I still say that Jedi need to be outfitted like real (Star Wars) soldiers in the next movie and future games.

I'm glad to see that in the "Clone Wars" cartoon they had Jedi wearing modified clonetrooper armor, that's a great start.

There really wasn't any reason why they couldn't have tossed in a few chest plates or helmets to the Jedi at Geonosis, after all, Yoda brought in the troopers from Kamino with all their gear. Are they saying they had NO spares? There aren't even that many Jedi for crying out loud!

And blasters aren't really "random" (after all we've seen some expert marksmanship demonstrated with them in the movies), Obi-Wan was just belittling everything that wasn't Jedi-related to get Luke on his side. ; )

Hopefully GL will come to his senses in the next flick!

• 2 years later...

Jedi Knights use lightsabers the vast majority of the time because they are expertly trained with them and can take out, or defend against, many different threats with them. Jedi don't weigh themselves down needlessly, they stay light on their feet and highly agile. But certainly if a Jedi was in a situation where he didn't have his lightsaber with him or for some unusual reason a lightsaber just wouldn't work for what he needed to do and there was some other weapon lying there, then he would use what he had available to deal with the problem. Jedi are very resourceful and will make do with what they have. :)

Archived