Home

JK: Jedi Academy Info, Pics and Discussion! (ancient)

els.DarkLord

this is going to work out sooooooo good for me, by next fall i will be off at college with a brand new computer and a DSL connection, ahhhh i cant wait. finally we will be able to create our very own jedi, and hopefully be able to use them in Multiplayer. do u even realize how fun it is going to be fighting al these jedi across the world with double and double bladed lightsabers.

and i will alos finally be able to chop up some Tuskin Raiders Anakin Skywalker style.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ARagerCool

Okay, I'm not sure if anyone else caught this, but I left window for the link http://www.gamestar.de/reklawyks/secret-jk3/ open, and then after some time the screen changed and went to this image: http://www.gamestar.de/reklawyks/secret-jk3/2.htm Check out the image there. Does anybody have any idea what that may be?

Rancor most likely...or another Barney? (Desann joke) :D

wow, dark forces 4 already?! man does time fly. :(

JK3 looks like it will be as much an evolution from JO, as JO was from JK:DF2. I was absolutely blown away by Jedi outcast after playing knight. From looking at those pimp screens, it looks like JK3 might just give JO, and all previous dark forces installments a run for their money. Let's hope.

It doesn't look like much of a technological jump at all. It's obviously the same engine, simply better utilized. While the pictures are very small and only give a glimpse of the game, they aren't very impressive and can't hold a candle to some of the great models and maps we've seen released. I just hope this game actually has new depth, and doesn't just make the superficial changes that the screens show off. What will be the point of having 2 lightsabers, a double bladed lightsaber, or any new features for that matter if they're useless, unbalanced, or only serve to make the game look pretty?

So why exactly do you male people *cackles* smell BS? Just like guys. Just...argue, argue, argue...instead of just waiting for an issue to take shape. I'm willing to make a guess that several people may already be making monetary bets on whether or not those screenshots are actually authentic. ;) *smirks* At least, it wouldn't suprise me. Patience is a virtue unlike any other. Wait. Watch. Listen. Don't start yelling "BS!" before you see more evidence. The shots are low resolution, but look somehow spectacular. Yes, they're bound to look similar because they are running on the same engine as JK2. HOWEVER, I recall John Carmack scrapping the Quake 3 engine and starting with a bare-bones (or something close) version of it to turn it into the Doom 3 engine (eh, don't quote me on it). Who's the say that Raven won't do the same? These are only a few shots. Any higher-resolution scans? :) :) :) And the April Fools thing...that's TOO easy. As one of you pointed out, that would be one BIG A** JOKE. It would also piss off LOTS of people (such as myself ;)). Are...those shots from Gamestar, by the way? I can't find any bookstore that sells the magazine (I'm in Texas...heh). Too...much...caffiene...*passes out* man...I think one of my classmates drugged my coffee this morning...

I can see that. I mean...it's a cool engine. It has the ability to be reworked completely (or at least to a point). About the dynamic lighting, though...um...yeah...I don't think it's gonna be happening, unless Raven bumps the thing up a few notches. But then again, it's Star Wars. When have you notcied a time in the Star Wars universe (I'm going to get slain for asking this) when there has been dynamic lighting? One, maybe two scenes? Three, if I'm not remembering one. The rest is all big battles where there are lots of flashes, explosions, etc. I don't see a need for dynamic lighting except for player shadows. The thing I want to see in JK3...which I'm fairly sure the Q3 engine is NOT capable of...is RAGDOLL PHYSICS!!! DEAR GOD can't Raven PLEASE incorperate RAGDOLL PHYSICS? *giggle...blush*

Considering that secret site someone just posted I think we can conclude that it IS an april fools' joke.

Jedi Knight 3 is a Hoax. BUT,

I think it is possible though that it very well could be an add on.

Evidence:

- The Screenies show a lot of similarity between JK2 and "JK3", it could be an evolutionary process ofteen seen in add ons.

- The "JK3" menu system is identical to JK2.

- The Story has this "add-on" feel going on, not being the main character and all...

- "JK3" is already suposedly 60% finished, that means they have used a LOT of the JK2 code. Again, more likely for that to be an add on.

It might also be possible that they're doing a JK2 mod preview. Does anyone know if this magazine does anything like that?

Archived