Home

Who's really in charge?

Rad707_Pandaz

Seriously though, who's in charge? Do you even know? Do you care? I don't. But do you really think that this forum gives you freedom? Think about it.

If you say a bunch of dirty words in an oblong order...a moderator's gonna shut you down. I have no idea why anyone WOULD say a bunch of dirty words on the forums. I guess they should get shut down. If you posted a thread about your girlfriend on the "Clans" subject, a moderator is gonna shut you down. I got no gripes with the moderators, their cool in my book. I'm just saying, Do you think the moderators are the ones really in control?

The guys have to abide by rules. The rules were set in by someone higher than them. Thus, the moderators are being controlled by some sort of higher power. The truth is, whether or not you think your thread is the best thing since JK2...your not in control of it.

I have heard stories. Terrible stories. Stories of deranged fans hacking in and destroying forums because someone shut down their thread (the thread in question probably deserved to be shut down). You know the type: a little tall, a lot of facial hair, kind of husky, wears glasses, looks kinda like a buffer Harry Potter. The kind of guys you don't want to hang around. The kind of guys that'll mess you up if you say bad things about Magic: The Gathering. Truly creepy people sometimes. Of course, there are many of them who are very "sane" and don't engage in such activities. But theres always that 1 to 2%.

The conclusive question: Who's in control? The moderators, the higher power, or the people on the forum?

:confused:

I really don't care who is in control as long as they are fair to everyone and there is no favortism here. I hate people getting a special treatment cause they were here longer or because they are friends with the people that run the joint. I hate that at work and it shouldn't be any diffrent here. I have stood up against it before and I am not afraid to voice my opinion.

Even if someguy did do that we have other places that we can still talk at and we would still communicate somehow if they got to that.

:duel::lsduel:

Seriously though, as far as I'm aware these are the guys that own and run LFN (there are probably more than I have listed):

ChrisC3po

Aristotle

ZeroXcape

At least, those are the main people I've dealt with - I speak to some regularly as I run a hosted site here.

Originally posted by Rad707_Pandaz

I have heard stories. Terrible stories. Stories of deranged fans hacking in and destroying forums because someone shut down their thread (the thread in question probably deserved to be shut down). You know the type: a little tall, a lot of facial hair, kind of husky, wears glasses, looks kinda like a buffer Harry Potter. The kind of guys you don't want to hang around. The kind of guys that'll mess you up if you say bad things about Magic: The Gathering.

Consider yourself sigged! (:

Damn that made my day. Really, really, really brilliant stuff.

Keep it up.

Archived