Prime

Is the JK3 news true?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Is the JK3 news true?

• JK3 is fake
    • Jk3 is legit

Originally posted by Kengo

I resent that :D

I may be stupid but at least I'm cynical! Hmm, I guess that's not really good....

I may be cynical and stupid, but at least I'm not optomistic!

Don't listen to them Kengo!! :)

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

I do believe we can close the thread and settle any bets now - see here for why :D

You beat me to it :)

Here is the relavent section of the linked post from ChangKhan[RAVEN]:

Okay, well, first off, if I'm going to answer any of the questions, I guess I need to admit that we are, indeed, making this game (should be pretty obvious by now, so no-one should get mad at me for admitting as much). No, it's not a hoax/joke/rumor, no, it's not an expansion pack, it is a full, complete, stand-alone game. And it's called Jedi Knight III right now for lack of a better name, I, personally, would not call it a "sequel" to JK2 since I think a DF/JK game should always be about the Katarns (maybe a true JK3 could be about Kyle and Jan's child, who perhaps shows a particularly strong adeptness with the Force...?) So I wouldn't be surprised if the name doesn't stay "Jedi Knight III" (but who knows). Not that it's not a full game, it's bigger than JK2 in terms of gameplay, content and features, it's just not, in my opinion, the true sequel to JK2. I think that one shouldn't be done for a year or so and should probably use a new engine.

So all you nay-sayers were crying for nothing :) Sorry, had to get a jab in there...

Now that we have Mike Gummelt on this very message board, discussing and CONFIRMING the game, I don't think there's much room for debate. Regardless, April Fool's jokes generally happen on April 1st, not a few days ahead of time.

This would be an extremely elaborate and infinitely stupid hoax if it were one. Between a respected German gaming magaizine, a respectable gaming news site (JKII.net ;)), and the lead programmer from JKII, the potential for decreased slaes/traffic in their respective markets is just too great to ultimately piss off and alienate an entire gaming community. It is simply horrid and insane business practice to do such a thing.

No way this is a hoax.

I have official word from Kenn Hoekstra, Project Leader of Raven Games, that there shall be in fact, a 3rd Jedi Knight game, however, it will not be known officially as Jedi Knight 3, since it isn't a true sequel, since Kyle Katarn is no longer the lead character in the storyline. He will be in the game though, and a major role apparently, but his time as being the main character is over. Make way for the new wave of Jedi Knights.

Archived