Home

War Photos

griff38

Thanks CagedCrado. I looked everywhere for those photos of Halapja, Not for this thread though. Although they do make my point that war is horrible I want to stick to current stuff from the ongoing conflict.

All of these are less than 7 days old. All are Iraqi civilians or as some with weak stomachs call "collateral damage".

Or as my X barber said the other day, "Fools, what did they expect getting in OUR way? Next time they will think twice about going to market while a war is on.

Originally posted by CagedCrado

Its all in the good of the people, and you all know as well as i do it is. Youve all seen pictures of Halapja right? and the shi'ites he gassed?

*DO NOT CLICK IF YOU GAG MILDLY EASY*

That's a truth in disguise. Iran and Iraq were fighting over that village, and they both bombarded it with chemical weapons - Iran used a nerve agent on it, and Iraq used mustard gas.

To state that he simply gassed those Kurds because he felt like, or that he did it all of his own volition is not true.

http://vons.free.fr/maisons/2717_IMG.jpg

Americans dead so that the people of europe could be free

Of course, USA only intervened once they were hit on their own turf, and they only saved Europe because it was in their interest. They didn't do it solely because it was a humanitarian wrong - if Hitler took control of Europe, USA would likely be next. USA had until then a firm non-intervention policy, and they frankly didn't give a sh*t about the Brits or Europe until they felt the threat up close.

Halapja looks a bit more disgusting then that.... actually a lot more. Not to mention the reason they are getting killed, at Halapja the people were killed for 'racial cleansing', the people dying in iraq now will probably be the last to die because of dictatorships. (BTW bush is not a dictator and if you want a dictatorship look at france china or iraq, or germany before 1945)

ya you are right about that c'jais. but we learned and now europe is making the same mistake.

maybe at halapja but tell that to the shi'ites and the rest of the kurds who died. Also Iran didnt start the war either... saddam did. Everything that happened was directly linked to saddam.

Originally posted by C'jais

Of course, USA only intervened once they were hit on their own turf, and they only saved Europe because it was in their interest. They didn't do it solely because it was a humanitarian wrong - if Hitler took control of Europe, USA would likely be next. USA had until then a firm non-intervention policy, and they frankly didn't give a sh*t about the Brits or Europe until they felt the threat up close.

w3rd dude

Originally posted by CagedCrado

oh and if we didnt care about you then why did we give your countries back? would have been nice to have that land in the cold war. Of course, that was when you remembered.

Nono, don't take it the wrong way.

I said that it wasn't solely for humanitarian reasons that you intervened. Thank God you did, but USA did have some less than noble motives involved as well.

But why is this a bad thing? Every country that goes to war are seeking to gain something from the conflict, otherwise it just won't be worth it.

ahhh, ya every country that goes to war has something to gain, the only time i can think of when we went to war for entirely noble reasons was somalia and vietnam, both time it didnt work out. Theres not enough motivation to win without incentives, otherwise we could finish off a lot of problems in the world.

Not necessarily pro- or anti- war.... just photos with their own stories... I'll let 'em speak.

XI

XII - We're closed!

XIII - I've always wanted to sneak up behind one of these guys and yell BANG!

XIV

XV - "Dude, hurry up! We've all been holding it since Basra."

XVI

XVII

XIII

XIX

XX - Need a lift?

Oh... just in case you didn't figure it out, my little comments didn't necessarily describe actual events in the photos. ;)

Originally posted by griff38

Or as my X barber said the other day, "Fools, what did they expect getting in OUR way? Next time they will think twice about going to market while a war is on.

I was meaning to ask.... is he your ex-barber because of what he said, or because you're bald? :D

Originally posted by SkinWalker

I was meaning to ask.... is he your ex-barber because of what he said, or because you're bald? :D

I wouldn't mind being bald, I have a pretty head.

It was because he is a redneck racist. You would not believe some of the crap that comes out of this guys mouth.

Archived