Home

Official Ledge-Grabbing into JK3 Petition!!!!

mariners2001

Implement ledge-grabbing into JK3?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Implement ledge-grabbing into JK3?

• Yes
    • No (please state your reasoning)

Seeing as JKIII is all but confirmed by LucasArts I decided a petition should be formed for this aspect of the game.

After playing such games as Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones...I think it's safe to say this would be a logical and significant addition to the game.

Think TPM, where Obi-Wan gets unfairly pushed off the ledge in teh midst of a duel with Darth Maul and grasps onto something on his way down. Being able to grab a ledge on the way down or even if you're making your way up areas...this feature is an essential...

Futhermore, this would definitely add more balance to the game when you are being mobbed by the Grip/Push-whores (lol) and you want a chance for survival rather than cuss them out later on...I can't think of a better way to balance this than the ability to grab a ledge...It is a natural movement and I can't see any reason for this not to be included...

Please sign if you want to see this included in JK3. And all involved with the making of the game, it would be great to hear your thoughts/concerns with this addition.

After all, anything in the movies must be in the game right? ;)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could take it or leave it. It might be kind of neat, but I'd be just as happy if they left it out. Imagine, running around an MP map like ns_streets and seeing all these people hanging from ledges. Sounds pretty lame to me...

I could take it or leave it. It might be kind of neat, but I'd be just as happy if they left it out. Imagine, running around an MP map like ns_streets and seeing all these people hanging from ledges. Sounds pretty lame to me...

Well...while I see what you're saying, I personally think some sort of timer can be implemented or maybe as long as you hold onto the ledge your forcemeter drains? I think Raven could work this out right if they tried.

Polling for something as unimportant as this when we haven't got a clue as to what could be in the game yet is really ****ing stupid. Honestly guys, a petition to make LEC make Raven make it so we can grab onto ledges in the game?? I think you need to be worried about the much more important aspects of the game at this point.

Ledge-grabbing? Sure, in SP that would be nice. Not that I've missed it or anything...but more options is always good. :)

I doubt it would be a great thing in MP, though... think about a saber only game - your about to beat the opponent when he suddenly jumps and grabs a ledge. You can't get to him unless you grap the same ledge and while hanging you can't use your saber. So you wait for him to get healed and his force pool filled. :D

Back to square one, yes? Time to type "OMFG U LAM3R NO HONOURZ!!"?

I see a lot of possibilities for laming. Kinda like "/amsit". MP should be kept simple. And by simple I mean "no silly abusable stuff".

I vote... yes.

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Ledge-grabbing? Sure, in SP that would be nice. Not that I've missed it or anything...but more options is always good. :)

I doubt it would be a great thing in MP, though... think about a saber only game - your about to beat the opponent when he suddenly jumps and grabs a ledge. You can't get to him unless you grap the same ledge and while hanging you can't use your saber. So you wait for him to get healed and his force pool filled. :D

Back to square one, yes? Time to type "OMFG U LAM3R NO HONOURZ!!"?

I see a lot of possibilities for laming. Kinda like "/amsit". MP should be kept simple. And by simple I mean "no silly abusable stuff".

I agree, but, if you be able to pull him down it would even it out a bit, and make less people use it like that. So, I want a pullable Ledge-grabbing :)

YEAH!! Yeah that would be cool, but should it work in first person perspective too?? Or only when holding a saber (3rd person)??

Anyway, I think it would be nice to limit it to like 10 seconds, maybe a bit less... OR wait, maybe ledge grabbing should use mana?? Of course that could lead to unfair situations, when ppl don't have mana left...

Originally posted by razorace

And thus starts the additional "foot stomping on hands" action petition. :)

I want to sign your petition....:)

To widen it a bit...I personally am not very keen on jumping puzzles within FPS games - the 3rd person aspect of the game would make it easier but the truth is...I just hate jumping puzzle full stop! I spose they mix things up a bit....but I still don't like em. To me ledge grabbing sounds like something you find along with jumping puzzle :)

I think widening the abilities the character has are generally good, I liked the way Kyle could do all the standard stuff like jump, crouch etc and could also do the wall running etc, that was amazing. More skills are always good...ledge grabbing, mantling, jumping roll...I guess mid air floating would be pushing it :D

Definetly must have ledge grabage! I hate it when I accidently walk off the edge, and have no chance of salvation. But this way if you slip you can just grab on.

When I play on Destiny of the Fates, And I fall, there are ledges right under me, but I cant get in between ledges and land on the ground, he simply falls strait past all the ledges, man that sucks. I would love to be able to grab on the ledges.

It would also make possible to save you skill points for other abuilities other than jump so you don't have to jump up over and onto a ledge, you can just grab on.

:queen

Bob 1:75

And the light queen spoke"Let thier be Ledge grabage," and it was so.

May the Lord bless the reading of his word.

Yep, even if it unbalances maybe single player then make it just mp. There has to be a counter too of course so i think hitting there hands with a lgihtsaber is sufficient :) , maybe perhaps if you do it you gave to sacrifice you weapon to stay alive? (or have it put away before you fall off)

Archived