Home

Official Ledge-Grabbing into JK3 Petition!!!!

mariners2001

Implement ledge-grabbing into JK3?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Implement ledge-grabbing into JK3?

• Yes
    • No (please state your reasoning)

I have always been for ledge grabbing, it would add a very important element to the game.

The way it should probly work is if you are launched off of a platform you obviously cannot grab a ledge unless there is another platform below you that you will line up with and grab which would be awesome! Some ideas for diferent animations could be if you fall off forward you grab the ledge with your elbows facing out in a reversed position, if you have ever watched Navy Seals train on TV you know what I mean. Then you could just press the jump button repeatidly to lift yoursefl back up. As for the backward fall it could be like Obi Wans pull up in the Naboo Reactor after maul wacked his ass off the ledge.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting... In the GameStar.de premium section, there is a JK3 screenshot of the player hanging off a ledge... But it might only be part of a cutscene sequence... Or it might be in the whole game - the angle's a bit weird...

I can't post the pic cos I dont want to incur the wrath of GameStar and their lawyers :(

But it looks like we may well have ledge-grabbing :D

(I'll show the pic to GonkH8er if you lot won't believe me, and he can confirm what I've said - I'm sure you'll believe him :p:))

*goes back to scouring new pics for more new stuff*

yes that would be cool. Plus with all of the new Force powers and new characters, races, etc. that would all be fantastic! This might be a dumb question but does anyone know when the game is coming out? anyway i cant wait for the game to come out

Posted by CyBerNetiX

This might be a dumb question but does anyone know when the game is coming out? anyway i cant wait for the game to come out

All that they've confirmed so far is Autumn(Fall) 2003... My money's on September, but that's no better than a wild guess for now :p:)

• 2 weeks later...

I voted NO, because I think it is pretty silly. How often are you going to need to hang from a ledge? It would get pretty annoying if every time you pushed someone in Nar Shaddaa streets they could hang from the ledge. I have visions of looking up and seeing 25 people all hanging from ledges...

Originally posted by Prime

I voted NO, because I think it is pretty silly. How often are you going to need to hang from a ledge? It would get pretty annoying if every time you pushed someone in Nar Shaddaa streets they could hang from the ledge. I have visions of looking up and seeing 25 people all hanging from ledges...

ROFL :rofl:

Yes, but I always felt the problem with that map and a couple of others is that there are too many ledges anyway. Missing a ledge by an inch and plunging into oblivion is also a bit silly and annoying at times...

Well Prime thats pretty easy to fix, Reven could make it depend on how much force you have or just make it a random thing that happens. Or you have to repeatatly press the jump button when your falling, there are ways to get around spamming and seeing 25 people hanging, that would be stupid, lol :)

• 1 month later...

I voted NO, because I think it is pretty silly. How often are you going to need to hang from a ledge?

Surprisingly often...oh, you mean in the game right?

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine was an enchanced version of the JK engine right, with ledge grabbing and all. Worked well there, don't see why it couldn't in this game with its optional 3rd person perspective. I guess too many movement control can be confusing though, I mean, I had a hard time just binding all the force powers in well...

Originally posted by Kengo

Surprisingly often...oh, you mean in the game right?

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine was an enchanced version of the JK engine right, with ledge grabbing and all. Worked well there, don't see why it couldn't in this game with its optional 3rd person perspective. I guess too many movement control can be confusing though, I mean, I had a hard time just binding all the force powers in well...

I wouldn't mind it in SP, but MP I think it would be annoying. Just my opinion. If someone is silly enough to get pushed over the edge, then I should get rewarded for that. If everyone can just grab the ledge, how do I kill them then? Do I have to run up to the edge and shot them? That puts me in a precarious position as then I could be easily pushed over. In any event, I just feel that it doesn't add very much to the game (MP at least). :)

Do I have to run up to the edge and shot them? That puts me in a precarious position as then I could be easily pushed over.

But then you would grab the ledge too :)

It might add something to SP, like you say it could be a pain in MP. Two posts short of a thousand man, I'd be posting any old random garb...ah, so I am.

I voted yes, but only if force push and pull can knock you off the ledge your holding onto. Also some saber hits could make you fall, like if they do that slam both sabers into the ground move like in the Trailer at the offical web site. Make it more realistic...

DarthDarth

And thus starts the additional "foot stomping on hands" action petition.

I know it's been a while since that was posted, but ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

That would actually be an awesome feature.

Games need tons of animations. Saber combat is only the beginning. Even when someone falls, there should be an animation. Like, the person should kneel then push themselves up, like they were bracing for impact, unlike in JK2 where you just heard some crappy "umf" sound and continued running.

There's so much that could make this game great, and ledge grabbing is only part of it.

Games aren't just games. The challenge is to make the most realistic game possible, that allows us to do anything we normally could and then some (which is where the lightsaber and force powers comes in). Not being able to grab a ledge that you could easily do in real life just detracts from that realism.

One more thing I'd like to add, SPEED UP FALLING! In JK2, falling seemed like a slow walk to oblivion. Having a much faster falling speed would probably make ledge grabbing very difficult, since the time to act would be incredibly shortened, which is good.

IF they put ledge grabbing into JA it shouldn't be automatic or abusable.

It should require a press of a button (perhaps jump + directional key?) at the right moment and leave you vulnerable for a moment when you drag yourself up. If someone is standing on the ledge that you grabbed, he could easily f.ex kick you down while you're trying to get up.

I'd love the idea if they are able to fix the possible abuses of it. I doubt anyone wants to see JA duel servers turn into a game of "grab a ledge and wait for your force pool to refill".

• 2 weeks later...

To balance it out and prevent spamming, maybe you dont just hang on, you have to boost yourself up right away. Then we wont have tons of people just hanging of ledges all day. And your weapon should be put away when you are pulling yourself up, so then when you get up you will probably get wasted. So people cant do it just because they want to hide and are low on health during a duel.

Archived