Home

Official Ledge-Grabbing into JK3 Petition!!!!

mariners2001

Implement ledge-grabbing into JK3?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Implement ledge-grabbing into JK3?

• Yes
    • No (please state your reasoning)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehehe. This was one of my pet peeves with all the other JK games. Heck yes - I would LOVE to see ledge-grabbing implemented in JKIII :D

Prone is an interesting idea, actually. Would be kinda fun to see that in an MP game ^_^ (just IMHO of course ;))

Originally posted by Redwing

Hehehe. This was one of my pet peeves with all the other JK games. Heck yes - I would LOVE to see ledge-grabbing implemented in JKIII :D

Prone is an interesting idea, actually. Would be kinda fun to see that in an MP game ^_^ (just IMHO of course ;))

NOOOOO!!!

Prone leads to camping, camping leads to kills, kills lead to anger enemies, anger enemies lead to... er... well you get the idea, it only encourages camping and in a fast paced action game like this (not featuring real precision weapons, except for a sniperrifle which already is very accurate) prone just wouldn't work!

• 2 months later...

The only reason not to add ledge grabbing is that this isn't a traditional third-person only console adventure platformer, but a first person shooter.

But.... good luck anyway. It can always be modded in for those who want it.

Edit: You got me.... I forgot this was a thread revival!

Hmm...seems like quite a lot of people want this feature to be in there. We know the demo doesn't have it, and I'd say it's unlikely to be in a patch (if it wasn't considered necessary for the game as it stands, why add it now?), but there's certainly a strong case for a mod crew to take this on board.

Yes Raven should add a patch that implements this. I spoke about this before in another post.... After playing the second level of the demo (and falling into the pit so often), I thought that there should be a "Tomb Raider" style "shimmy" or "ledge-grab" So if you get pushed off or fall - you automatically grab onto the ledge.... Raven should put a delay (3sec) before you flip back up, giving your MP oppenent a change you force push you or use their saber(s) on you.

yeah all they have to do to make it fair is to allow opponents to slash your hands or push you off. you should be given only a short amount of time to hold on before losing grip.

they just need to make the person hanging extremely vulnerable and it'll be very fair and extremely logical for the balance of the game with all of the push/grip whores...

and no...the wall grab is not was i hoping for....it is in no way able to really help you if you get pushed off unless the walls are angled perfectly.

Actually - you know what would be cool? If you could stick your saber into the wall (of a pit) and hang from it...... then force leap upwards.

This might be better because if you stick your saber into the wall too far from the top, then you won't be able to force jump back up.

Originally posted by xtrazx75

Actually - you know what would be cool? If you could stick your saber into the wall (of a pit) and hang from it...... then force leap upwards.

This might be better because if you stick your saber into the wall too far from the top, then you won't be able to force jump back up.

that would be awesome! but i don't think of a saber as something that could hold weight more than a deadly beam....dunno. that'd probably be controversial.

i still remember the early JO bat saber controversy....lol

The question I have to ask is can it be done with the Q3 engine?

I don't think Ive seen it in a Q3 game. Correct me if I wrong but please no flamming? Simple question.

IF it can, I would love to see it in purely the MP aspect, is it isn't included in SP then obviously LucasArts doesnt think you need it. It would be handy and a useful trick to add to the bag. But in MP, if used correctly, could be a very dangerous move.

The Style Over Substance mod for Jedi Outcast had the ledge-grabbing feature even though it wasn't necessarily that great and only worked while jumping up but I think it's definitely capable within the Q3 engine.

I'd really like a comment from Raven or someone on this matter, because it boggles me why this wasn't included.

Agreed.

Why not utilize the full capablities of the designing platform. Me thinks that any added aspect that is not needed should still be included to enhance gameplay and to be utilized in say MP instead of just focusing on the needs for SP.

(If it seems like Im chatting please forgive...Im just bored and enjoy any programming discussions that pop up)

Archived