Cooperative SP in JKIII?? Vote!!

furiousgeorge31

Cooperative Single Player in JK3?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Cooperative Single Player in JK3?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Who cares?

you can already add jedi npc's in JK2 SP anytime you , and there will be no coop in jk3, as taht would requre major engine changes, and changes to the .exe that im not sure can be done. And if they were, i doubt anyone knows if the results would be very positive.

I would like that, but, as said, that takes alot of work.

Saga is a game mode that came with JK2, but the game didn't come with maps for it so it doesn't normally appear in the server set up screem, but has entities that allow you to make your own maps for it, but there has only been one so far. It is multiplayer with teams and objectives. It is the closest thing to co-op in JO.

I don't think I'd like to see that....then you'd start getting in each others way etc. Just not for me. I sort of enjoyed the co-op in Halo, admittedly, I didn't play it all that much.

If you do get it with NPC's then the game isn't really like JK....it'll be more similar to Kotor which has a party of yourself and two NPC's. [not that it's bad, but we want this game to be different right?]

Who remembers the mod team who tried to make a Co-op but it coudln't be done because of the amount of textures that mp limtis compared to Sp. I think they tried everything and Raven were really helpiung them aswell but they just coudln't pull it off and it was abandoned, it might be deep in the old news archive on jkii.net. Not sure though.

Yeah, that was Wired Lamp Studios who tried to port the JO SP levels to their co-op mod, but creating new maps was never out of the question. We've been working on it for over a year actually. If things turn out well, JA may still see co-op, just in mod form :o.

Adding a few more gametypes would be nice.

Raven's hinted at a new gametype in the making.

I wouldn't mind seeing some team-based types.

UT's Assault, which sounds like saga, aswell as a co-op re-run of the SP missions.

But SP should stay SP, and the co-op action should be seperate. ;)

Archived