JK vs JKII

rad-x

What's better - JKI or JKII  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What's better - JKI or JKII

• Dark Forces: Jedi Knight
    • Jedi Kinight II
    • I haven't played one of them

JO definately. Saber combat in JK was sooo incredibly bad. The levels were pretty boring, because the engine sucked and they were pretty big yes, but without many details (they had NPCs though) and JK too had boring puzzles (like 'where do I have to go', 'what switch do I have to push'). I don't see why the leveldesign in JK was better that the levels in JO!

JO had great saberfighting, both in SP as in MP. Although I don't like Kyle, the story was ok. Yeah it didn't have much depth, but c'mon, you think the movies had depth?? Don't think so.

Originally posted by Prime

BOOOOOOO! :) JO forever! Or at least until JA comes out...

JK had a better story, better levels, better ending, better main badies, jeric, maw, those guys were cool, desann was a friggen lizard for god sakes, and tavion was a goth looking tinker bell, with that fether, lol. jk also was way more re-playabel, JO had hardly any for me, the only reason i replayed and replayed was because of the spawning cheat. mp for JK had better traps and such, mp for JO is just kinda ok, but the lamers in both really mess it up.

saber combat was better in jo, duh the graphics, but thats about it.

Must be the easiest poll choice ever, Jedi Knight > Jedi Outcast by a lightyear's difference.

LEC should never have allowed Ravensoft to turn the successor to one of my favorite games into their usual Quake (3) engine borathon.

Now that Raven have been given the go ahead to work on another quickly churned out sequel, I consider the DF/JK series dead and buried.

Thankfully I now have Half-Life 2 to look forward to - Jedi Acadewhat?

Originally posted by taekwondo joe

JK had a better story, better levels, better ending, better main badies, jeric, maw, those guys were cool, desann was a friggen lizard for god sakes, and tavion was a goth looking tinker bell, with that fether, lol. jk also was way more re-playabel, JO had hardly any for me, the only reason i replayed and replayed was because of the spawning cheat. mp for JK had better traps and such, mp for JO is just kinda ok, but the lamers in both really mess it up.

saber combat was better in jo, duh the graphics, but thats about it.

Although I still prefer JO over JK, these are good points. Fortunately, it sounds like JA will be putting back in much of what made JK great. I certainly love JK as well.

Originally posted by X-Vector

Now that Raven have been given the go ahead to work on another quickly churned out sequel, I consider the DF/JK series dead and buried.

Thankfully I now have Half-Life 2 to look forward to - Jedi Acadewhat?

Have fun with Half-Life 2, and you should probably stay away from these boards, otherwise you'll see how much fun we are having with JA :)

JK have awesome levels. Great graphic (for it's time) and superb controls. And two paths (good/evil). The only think I don't like are the video sequences.

JK2 is a dissapointment in almost every way. The level design sucks. I do like fighting with my saber, but that's it.

Fortunally, in Jedi Academy one will have the saber from the beginning. I only hope that the levels are more epic, and not as boring as in JK2.

At the moment I only have the JK2 demo installed. Fighting the reborn over and over again. It's the same thing as the full game. :p I do wish I waited for JK2 until it was cheap until I buyed it.

Oh, and I'm not a multiplayer person, so I have never tried that :p

Originally posted by taekwondo joe

now dont get me wrong, i do like JO, just i say JK was better, but maybe JA will kick the living crap outa both of em

From the descriptions I've seen so far, it certainly has the potential.

Archived