Home

I just beat JKII! WEEEEE!!!!

Lord_Plo_Koon

I got JKII on day 1 and I just beat single player for the first time:D I never really tried before because I always played milti player. I must say, single player saber combat is so so so so so so so so so so so so much better than in multi player. I really liked it. The saber locks were INCREDIBLE!!! I have to congratulate Raven for single player. I only wish multi player was exactly the same:( Oh well. Maybe it'll be better in JKIII:D

(If this thread is in the wrong place please tell me nicely and don't hurt me:) )

what did u beat it on, padawan, jedi, jedi knight, or jedi master?

one time on jedi master, i jumped down at desann, then stood there, and he used the force and threw some big rocks at me and killed me right away....then another time, he used lightning, and the graphics were awesome, amazing, ive never seen it the way he did it be4....it was really stronge, i dont think its possible to beat him with out codes on jedi master...i did on jedi, and padawan, and maybe jedi knight, not sure....

*imagines buying a game and not beating it until later

*relizes unbelievability

*head explodes

:lol: I'm just jokin' with ya.

I must admit, I haven't yet beat it on my new comp, well technically I beat some SP mods but never regular JO. I'm not cairn (I ******** HATE CAIRN!!)

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1:

i dont think its possible to beat him with out codes on jedi master...

It's far from impossible to beat Desann on Jedi Master skill level, you're spoiled for choice when it comes to methods of dispatching him. Codes are for wussies.

First, speed + heavy stance. Three-four overhead strikes will do him in easily. On Spider's scale of cheap, this is the cheapest. There's no method of killing Desann that's cheaper or easier.

Secondly, there's dropping the pillars on him. Run behind a pillar, lure Desann next to it, and throw your sabre at it. Pillar breaks, plop, dead Desann. That's pretty cheap. But you have to get him in the right place and time it AND avoid falling masonry, so it's not too cheap.

Thirdly and finally there's the old fashioned way: Sabre and Force. With or without the anti-dark-side beam trick, this is possibly the most difficult way of dispatching him. Here's a couple of tips: Desann is practically invulnerable to the Force, with one exception: Pull. Wait until he jumps AND uses his sabre or a force power, and snap pull on him. It should pull him off his feet. Then run up to him and chain two overhead heavy stance strikes at him. Repeat until death occurs.

When in normal combat, try keeping an object between you and Desann, and jump out and slash him quickly, and retire to safety just as quickly. If you're in the open, get as close to Desann as you can, and chain heavy strikes on him to keep him off balance. Stay away from his front, however, as he uses Light special a lot. Don't neglect your rolls to avoid his sabre throw, don't forget to throw your sabre if he's prone or vulnerable and you're too far away to slash him. Don't jump a lot, he uses pull and push in equal measure, and if you're in mid-air when he does so, you're prone and dead in swift succession.

Everyone should try to beat Desann at least once on Jedi Master skill. Frankly I consider playing any game on any skill level but the highest, pointless. You're just depriving yourself of challenge and practice. I've never played JO on any other skill setting.

Good luck.

I think I beat it on Jedi or Jedi Knight. I can't remember. I like playing with the saber though so I played a whole game with just the saber on Jedi Master :D I actually like the speed of play in MP. But, I do like the the SP saber combat. I dunno, I wish the saber swings were quicker in SP like they are in MP. But, keeping the rest of the SP saber combat system. :)

I really love yellow special on SP. You flip over your oponent(s) and land facing them, continuallly fighting. It is very fluent and keeps the dueling going. It is awesome, and I wish it was in MP (in MP i find it is hard to time, and you do it on the spot, unless you have a big run in, which i cant usually afford). Like all SP moves, they're quicker and easier to execute then in MP.

Well, before I could beat it on Jedi Master, I discovered the joy of mapping for myself. I can't truly call it victory because whenever cairn_assembly tries to load, I get "Error G_spawnvars: classname found when expecting" and it closes to the menu:(. I posted a thread on it, but got no answer:(. ANYONE KNOW???

I agree about SP. It was always better for me. You don't have to worry about laming (except Desann jumping on your head and knocking you down) and whining. Combat is more fluent. 5 saber clashes in succession are possible (though rare). Finally, the graphics are better with dynamic light, volumetric shadows, better saber flares, etc.

Chewbaco, same here. Everyday, I spawn a greater number of reborn and see how many I can defeat with saber and force alone. The, do the same with boss reborn, and shadowtroopers. Fun.

Originally posted by Lord_Plo_Koon

I must say, single player saber combat is so so so so so so so so so so so so much better than in multi player.

I have to agree with you there, the dynamics are very different, not as sharp and abrupt as MP. God, it seems like an age again when I completed the game:)It was the opposite way round for me, I had a go at Sp first. I wasn't intending to play the MP side of the game at all. Lucky I did, otherwise I wouldn't be here now;)

"playing against bots is one thing - playing against the living ... that's something else."

OK that line isnt exactly the same as Han's but hey.

I'm a born MP player - I find the single player side of most fps games a bit predictable tbh... but I have to say that SP side of JKII was a serious challenge compared to my experiences of Quake III or RTCW. Especially learning the forces for the first time.

If you want to see an appauling display of bad SP try BF1942 - the ppl who wrote that must have an IQ slightly south of a toilet seat :p:toilet1:

What I find humourous, is if you download a mapfrom the web (let say...um...Bespin Towers) which doesn't have bot support, in MP, the bots just jump round as we all know. However, if you load the map in SP, and spawn guys (reborn, shadowtrooper, luke etc) they can navigate the level perfectly! Strange but true!

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

what did u beat it on, padawan, jedi, jedi knight, or jedi master?

one time on jedi master, i jumped down at desann, then stood there, and he used the force and threw some big rocks at me and killed me right away....then another time, he used lightning, and the graphics were awesome, amazing, ive never seen it the way he did it be4....it was really stronge, i dont think its possible to beat him with out codes on jedi master...i did on jedi, and padawan, and maybe jedi knight, not sure....

I've only gotten through the game on padawan and jedi. In SP saber duels (and most of the SP game after you have it), Force Speed is your greatest friend, especially when you get it to rank 3.

Also get VERY comfortable with a saber style. I use light, mostly because it allows me to get a lot of hits in combos. Hit speed, start slashing, and strafe behind your enemy. If you aren't a big fan of Force moves beyond push and pull, use light style and don't forget to block when you see shots coming. If you use some of the grip/lightning moves, use medium. If you use grip, lightning, and speed a lot, use strong style, especially against other enemies that don't use speed.

I don't remember what level I beat it on (probably Padawan or Jedi, but not Jedi Master), but I was always disappointed by the ending. You just shake your head at Desann. THAT'S IT??? No great final challenge, no last parting words of defiance from him?? No shot in the foot as he becons you forward a la El Guapo's last moments??? :)

I hope for a more dramatic ending to the next game.

Anyway, as to BF1942's SP, it's no different from MP if you load the bots. The bots are generally fairly dumb, but due to the high requirements on your system, if you want to play a decently populated game, you have to dumb them down more than usual. Which is strange because, at least in prior releases, they were INSANELY accurate, even though they were dumber than dirt.

Bots in JO were reasonably smart, but as has been pointed out, they're not creative enough or erratic (or, most often, as CHEAP) as people online. Bots don't spam the backstab, they don't spam the lunge, DFA, etc. Generally, you can get a decent duel out of a bot, even on an FFA game (though they don't accept challenges -- more's the pity). I just hope that they can code bots to not need botpaths for maps next time. Or at least that the bots have default behavior other than jump around like an idiot and slash at anything you come close to. :)

Archived