Home

How to stop the idiotic RPG elements that will be forced upon you in JK3

Bacon00

Don't follow them. It's as simple as that. Go hack and slash all the idiots standing around doing the emote crap. If/when you get booted, go to another server. Do it again.

If more and more people start doing this, all the RPG crap will die away. The newbies who whine will either leave or adapt.

I hate that part of JK2 - you can't just go on and start whoring peeps. You gotta bow, turn your saber off, acknowledge that they aren't ready yet, bow again, etc. etc. etc. I hate it. Absolutely hate it.

When JK3 is released, I'm killing anybody and everybody.

End of story.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol good call.

Well unless your in a clan you won't have to worry about that, and I doubt you'll be able to take on whole clans.

So unfortunatly you'll just have to put up with it's existance. But I'm all for ridding the pathetic kid servers of RPG crap.:p

But not many of them do that anyway.

Mabee you should start a clan dedicated to screwing over other clans and thier crappy anoying protocalls.

Good luck.

As for me, I don't mind a little noble bow now and then. And when your in a clan, it's a little different. But good luck riding the world of bad rubish.

Originally posted by Bacon00

Don't follow them. It's as simple as that. Go hack and slash all the idiots standing around doing the emote crap. If/when you get booted, go to another server. Do it again.

If more and more people start doing this, all the RPG crap will die away.

What a mature attitude. Sir, I salute you. bsflag.gif *salutes*

The newbies who whine will either leave or adapt.

Newbies? Excuse me sir, but if you're going in there killing everyone with no rhyme or reason, it appears that you're acting sort of newb-ish.

I hate that part of JK2 - you can't just go on and start whoring peeps. You gotta bow, turn your saber off, acknowledge that they aren't ready yet, bow again, etc. etc. etc. I hate it. Absolutely hate it.

Whoring peeps is the way you like to play? Jeez, I don't think that's the point of the game...it may be in an FFA, but if you're dueling, then by all means no. Who respects an opponent who comes in and slashes the living crap out of everyone?

What name will you be playing under? I'd like to ban you in advance from any servers I run.

:rolleyes:

I agree 100%, I hate this repeated bow crap. When you're in a duel there's a period where nothing happens; when that's over I like to rush and attack.

I fight more people than I'd like who bow, and then I don't bow in return, so they sit there with their saber off while I run at them from about 20 feet away and start hitting them. Then they whine about laming.

So the fact that we were in a duel, and I ran at you form some distance away with my lightsaber on wasn't a clue that I was going to try to hit you?

If I run a server, people are going to have to bow to each other every time someone gets hit. If a player takes falling damage during a duel, the server will bow to both duelers and ask if he should switch to a different map. Regardless of the outcome, all three will bow to each other, one at a time to ensure that everyone is ready. Then the duelers will re-bow. When someone's shields run out, both players must bow. If you hit someone in the back, you must bow to the opponent and anyone who was watching the duel. Then you bow to the person you hit again. Then both players bow to each other. Bow me.

Newbies? Excuse me sir, but if you're going in there killing everyone with no rhyme or reason, it appears that you're acting sort of newb-ish.

I think your alone in that. I'dd have to side with bacon. Little whiners who complain about other people not RPGing is annoying. If it's not a clan server or a specific RPGing server, then to "F"ing bad for them.

Thiers nothing newbish about shooting in a FPS, that's the whole point. Shoot evrything. The thing that's newbish is missing.

The thing that's newbish is expecting evrything your own way. You don't always get what you want in life, somthing normal people teach thier kids from a young age.

But if you want to RPG go ahead. I don't mind bowing at someone who bows, I don't mind the whole RPG thing, if it's kept where it belongs, that is in RPG specified servers. NOT evrywhere.

If some nerdy little kid feels cool bowing and being a jedi master, fine I'll bow, and then kick his "AHEM!"

But sometimes, if I just don't feel like fulfiling the kids fantasy, I'll chop his little head off when he's not ready. That's what the stupid kids get for killing me when the game just starts and I'm setting my stats, and despite the blue thing right above my head they kill me anyways. But I don't wine about it, I still win! so what's to complain about?

First off, I would like to make it clear that my post is slightly sarcastic, and shouldn't be taken straight up.

Anyway, I'm not about being mature in games. I buy/will buy JK2/3 because it's a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER. Not a ROLE PLAYING GAME. If I want to live out my fantasy world, I'll join a clan server or I'll buy an RPG.

If I want to kill other players and do it by any means necessary ("Kick whore!!!"), I'll pick up JK2/3. That's what I bought it for - fast, frantic fragging with a snazzy Star Wars flavor. It's Quake 3 with lightsabers. It's not Final Fantasy with lightsabers.

On clan servers I'll do what they want or I'll just leave. And if the server itself has a rule of "don't hit players with saber off," I'll leave or I'll do what they say. Although it'll be just as bad if 95% of all servers have that rule, which is about how JK2 is right now....

But frankly, I don't care if you want to do your little RPG crap on a public, non-clan server. I DON'T want to do your RPG crap - why should *I* have to do what *YOU* want all the time? There are servers out there for YOU to do the RPG smut, go THERE and do it. On public/generic servers, *I* get to do what *I* want - frag everybody and anybody.. take advantage of them turning their saber off in the middle of a battle like an idiot..

I'll admit to getting really frustrated with CONSTANT kicking, but hey, if they can pull it off that well, they deserve the kills. It's skillful, and it works - that's why people hate it. They are better than you, and they will get more kills.

In the 1.03 patch, I was pretty good at the "backslash" attack. I know that many of you will say that that was "cheap" and "unskillful," but I'd disagree. It took me many, many games to get that move to work every time I tried it. And then many more to do it so that the other guy died.. it took PRACTICE to do that. I was good at it, and I was good at dodging it. Then in 1.04, they basically removed it (it now does minimal damage.. strange for having a white hot blade go through your chest...) because everybody was whining because they kept dying in a QUAKE 3 GAME. Tell me, should they remove the railgun in Quake 3 because a person uses the SAME ATTACK (left clicking) every time? With the backslashing, it was your own fricking fault for dying.. when somebody turns their back to you, RUN AWAY, don't stand there like an idiot and take it. I died FAR fewer times via the backslash when compared to how many people I killed with it - why is that?

If you still want to pre-ban me for wanting to play the game how it's supposed to be played (and how it is designed to be played), my name will be "Bacon_00." I'll give you my IP at the time of launch as well, so you can make sure I won't be coming on. I for one don't want to be playing on your server if it's RPG-Knight 3.

As a side note, I'd like to add that although JK3 is taking an RPG turn, it's more like Deus Ex than a real RPG. It's still all about fast, frantic killing with a lightsaber and guns. There is a place for RPG elements in JK3, but not to the degree I'm sure we'll be seeing it ("OMGWTF YOU HIT ME WITH SABER OFF.. BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN!!!!!")

i dont under stand why the non-rpg people just dont play the rpg part of it. i dont play jk2 for rpg elements, but i dont go around in mass ffa's all the time either, sure i do occasioally, but im interested in the one on one aspect of it, pitting yourself agaist another player to see who is more masterful at the game. Yes i bow, but i dont requre anyone else to, i bow, turn on saber, get up fight, takes half a second. I think that if there are rpg elements in jk3, let the rpg-ers use them, and everyone else can play however they want, i dont want to eliminate any part of the game that someone may enjoy, just as i dont want to eliminate anypart that allows the ffa ppl to rain death upon all with lightning, grip kicks, dfa maddness. :D

even i do that sometimes, i think that everyone should be able to enjoy jk3 whether you want to ctf, ffa, or duel. so i think that any rpg-like elements RAven puts in are fine, i just wont be using any of them, its not like i want them gone. i mean, take for example, i rarely use a forcefeild since i dont play team games, does that mean i think it should be gone simply because my style of play doesnt use it? of course not.

so in essence, all i have to say, is i hope that everyone who wants to play this game, can do so however they like, and that everyone will allow everyone else to have fun (haha, fat chance). :D good games folks, and i hope to saber you up sometime ;)

Originally posted by Mandolorian54

I don't understand :confused: How can Kotor rid JKIII of RPG aspects?

Well, maybe I'm a bit off base here, but JO seems to be a very difficult game to turn into a reasonable RPG. For the most part, to me it just lacks the required elements. So why are so many people trying to RPG in JO?

I always thought it was because there really isn't a SW game that lends itself to RPGing. However, KOTOR and Galaxies are designed for roleplaying. So hopefully those that want to RPG in the Star Wars universe will have those games to play, leaving JO and JK3 to the FPSers.

If I was unclear, I ment that those games might rid us of RPG players, not RPG aspects. This, of course, remains to be seen. :)

well rpging and whatever is completely fine as you paid money for the game and you can play it however the hell you want to. the only thing i have with it is when rpgers come to the gametype i play (full force CTF). and call me dishonorable cause i dont stop to fight them or i selfkill (something apparently that no self-respecting jedi would ever do... how the **** do they know what a 'jedi' would really do?) or i dont use the lightsaber so i'm not a 'real jedi.' i think these people are the most idiotic people in the world and sometimes i even take time of my game to repeatedly kick them to death just for being so goddamn ignorant. i'll admit i used to be a nf duelist and some of the most fun i ever had was pitting myself against a good opponent thereby gaining respect for him and bowing to him next round. these battles of individual skill are great but i dont sit there and pretend i'm some sith lord battling a jedi knight long long ago on some far away planet. it's just when bowing and all that nonsense is taken too far in an internet game that it gets annoying. there is no such thing as 'honor' in a world of anonymity and i hate these children constantly reproaching me for something that they dont even know anything about.

ps.s on a side note i've found that if in a ff guns game some rpg nerd tries to bow to you, a swift rocket to the grill quickly sets his priorities in order. if only sabers are enabled the funniest and greatest thing to shut them up is to use only the stun baton or kicks to kill them. it seems that the majority of rpgers are horrificly bad at this game so when they lose in such a humiliating way they tend to leave. =)

I got sick of JK2 when I got kicked off every FFA server I joined for... killing people. What's worse is that I was deliberately not taking cheap shots, I was giving people a chance, I let them take the first shot/slash... yet within 5 minutes of joining a server I would get booted.

I'm not even that good a player :(

I said it in Shocks post Ill say it here.

You people are really getting kinda old with this too :p

These people you speak of , who force you to bow before duels and other crap. Are not RPGers Call them Fanboys instead. True RPers dont do **** like this. Honestly I doubt any of you have been in a Real JKO RPG before even most of the ones that are clearly labeled RPGs are lame containing MGS2 Characters, Matrix Characters, DEmos,Vampires,and all sorts of other crtap that would never be in a SW Universe. True RPGs are so Hard to find ,as well as True RPers. When RPing you forget everything you learned in JKO. Most RPGs are lame stories and just big TFFAs such as the Infamous and Horrid Deathstar RPG *sjudders* I mean thats just a big TFFA with a little (VERY LITTLE) story thrown into it ,and its a horrible way to consider that an RPG. I will be runnig RPG Servers (using RPG Mods) in JK3 and there is no way you can stop me,cause I am running a server specifically for that. Im not running a CTF server or FFA server and forcing you to bow,type I love you and you are my Master 47 times,and then slice you while you are bowing to me,and anything that doent happen my way results in Admin Commands. Thats wrong and that is not an RPG so plz stop confusing the Two.

There is two Types of RPGers

1. RPGer (RolePlaying Gamer) (Me :cool: )

2. RPGer (Really Poor Gamer)

Number two is lame at almost every type of Gametype so he trys to be a whiny *** most of the time when things dont go his way he usually carries a copy of killtracker (killcount about 2 and they were bots :rolleyes: ) and Has studied every chapter in the "How to be a Newb" book that was published in 1998.

On many occasions you will see them with a friend who is *dum dum DAHHHHH* a Server Owner :eek: Yes thats right these lamers now have something noone usually abuses...POWER ..and any time you kill them,say anything bad about them or Pokemon,or pull anything into your hand besides a lightsaber you get banned/kicked/sleepd/slapped/frozen/ (my Favorite) invisible choked. After going into one of these servers I usually flood them to cause lag and then leave (To Flood a Server: hmmm maybe for next episode ;) )

in FFA.. if your saber is down you deserved to get killed. In a duel you can't exactly spawn camp, and in most cases the spawn points are far enough away from eachother where you have the time to collect yourself. Bacon00... your right when you say too much RPGing in an action game is retarded. I wouldn't worry about it too much. There are plenty of peeps like you who are gonna be in JKIII, so the Force will be balanced... I'm sure :p

Originally posted by zerowingzero

This thread: The birth of *ASC* II

Those peeps had cool articles. Tho.. what they suggested was so radically different from my style it didn't really work for me. But intringing none-the-less.

Originally posted by Bacon00

If more and more people start doing this, all the RPG crap will die away. The newbies who whine will either leave or adapt.

End of story.

Oh that sounds just about right,considering killing all the "whiny newbies" remember this you'll be a newb, and that your whining now,so your being a hypocrit,another thing,I don't consider bowing an rpg rule,I consider it A jedi outcast rule,practicly no matter what server you go to your going to end up doing it,and if you do run around and start hacking away at people,And as a matter of fact im one of them....Let's just say I lame the lamers without any thought,So here is a warning,shut the f*** up and quick spittin crap,Or i'll hunt you down, damn lamer.

*Key music.

[star Wars text crawl]

A long time ago in a game called Jedi Outcast...

At first people were content to play the game as it was intended: a fast paced first person shooter based in the Star Wars universe.

These were prosperous times, the game was receiving outstanding reviews and players were engrossed in all of the action the game offered.

Then came the dark times, the age of the Fan Boy saber noobies...

At first their motives seemed innocent enough, a little whining about heavy stance, an occasional cry about the DFA, nothing seemed different than the whining most newbies do in any game.

But there was much more to their movement than was apparent.

They began brain washing legions of newbies who had never even played a first person shooter into believing that practice and strategy was futile.

Patches were their means to salvation from the oppression of the dreaded players plaguing them.

At this time they declared a doctrine upon all of JK2 hence to be known as the "Saberist Code".

Any person who actually tried to play the game as it had been for months was to be branded a "Lamer" and voted off any and all public servers.

Bowing and saber off = peace were used to strike fear into the hearts of the newer players. Conform or be banned. With limited options they did as their oppressors wished and hence this became the norm.

During their reign of oppression through incessant whining they brought forth more patches in an attempt to cover their lack of ability and drove many a player away from the game never to be seen again.

Just when all seemed lost came a new hope:

Jedi Knight 3

At first the legion of Fan boy saber noobies thought that their grasp on this new game was firm.

But hiding in the shadows were the players who had been banned and kicked far too many times and were not willing to give into the GAY SIDE of the force.

Armed not with a saber but with two hands they raised both high, extended their middle fingers and told their oppressors to go :) themselves...

[/star Wars text crawl]

Archived