Home

Star Wars:Jedi Knight:Jedi Academy

digl

DIGL does it again!! :eek:

Well, done, mate. Thanks for the heads-up. ;)

I'm beginning to suspect you've got a Spybot continually buzzing around Lucasarts HQ... ;P

At least we have some of the other weapons confirmed...

While players will be able to accomplish more by using the lightsaber in Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, they also will have a variety of weapons - new and old - at their disposal including a blaster, blaster rifle, Wookiee bowcaster, Imperial repeater, and a Destructive Electro-Magnetic Pulse gun.

...from the official Press release. :)

Posted by Stormy

DIGL does it again!! :eek:

Well, done, mate. Thanks for the heads-up. ;)

I'm beginning to suspect you've got a Spybot continually buzzing around Lucasarts HQ... ;P

What he said! :D

I'll beat you one day digl, I swear :D;)

*runs off to explore the new site*

Posted by Rat Boy

Hmmm, does this mean there are going to be two Jedi Knight product lines?

Doubt it - Kyle seems to be effectively retiring from the mainstream Jedi action in this one, so I expect the series will evolve along this "make your own character" route... :)

Posted by Jeff 42

Anyone else notice that the title bar for the site says "Star Wars Jedi Knight: A Jedi's Legacy"? It seems like they might have been in a rush to get the site put up.

Intriguing... I wonder...

Posted by Rat Boy

I'm surprised nobody has zeroed in on this piece of concept art with, of all things, pants!

The pants is strong in this game.

ROFL

Oh dear lord, not that again! :D

*fondly remembers his SW Pants thread from before the last release...*

Ahh, memories :):D

hehe

probably new people didn't understand what stormy wacky and canoli said ;)

i couldn't come back without good news threads ;)

about the "3" thing, Changkhan posted that he thinks they may do a jk3 later, based on Kyle's son

Guest Krayt Tion

Interesting to note that this game is being released on the Xbox as well.

Hopefully the PC version will be given priority and released first like last time. If they are released at the same time it is likley that Raven made sacrifices in the general design or features department to ensure playbility on the console.

Originally posted by digl

about the "3" thing, Changkhan posted that he thinks they may do a jk3 later, based on Kyle's son

Yeah, maybe. Mind you, if they can do that...then they can technically continue the Dark Forces series too, IMHO.

I'm still waiting for them to decide to make a PC Bounty Hunter or Commando game...no Force powers, just running and gunning action...

Hi Krayt. *waves* Good to see you around. ;)

Originally posted by Rat Boy

I'm surprised nobody has zeroed in on this piece of concept art with, of all things, pants!

The pants is strong in this game.

There better be an option that allows me not to wear any pants.

Originally posted by StormHammer

Yeah, maybe. Mind you, if they can do that...then they can technically continue the Dark Forces series too, IMHO.

I'm still waiting for them to decide to make a PC Bounty Hunter or Commando game...no Force powers, just running and gunning action...

Hi Krayt. *waves* Good to see you around. ;)

Yeah, it would be nice to be the bad guy for once. How about a Dark Forces prequel? You get to be Kyle running missions for the Empire, then part way through you realise they murdered your father - you then hook up with Jan, and start running missions for the Rebels, leading nicely into Dark Forces 1...

Now there's an idea ;)

Originally posted by The_One

Yeah, it would be nice to be the bad guy for once. How about a Dark Forces prequel? You get to be Kyle running missions for the Empire, then part way through you realise they murdered your father - you then hook up with Jan, and start running missions for the Rebels, leading nicely into Dark Forces 1...

Now there's an idea ;)

Now that is an excellent idea. :thumbsup: And if they don't make a proper game of it...maybe another Mod? :D I don't know if you could use the book Soldier For The Empire as a basis...but I'm sure we could come up with a decent plot ourselves. ;)

You remind me of the threads at owk.net, pages and pages about the hypotetical BH FPS game...

It may be done someday, it would be great

Rat Boy, chang talked about a game that may eventually be done in the future...it's note like the story is defined already.Complaining about the NEXT jk game is a bit too much...

SIMPLEY AMAZING!

Bleh I love star wars,the more games that comes out the closer I am to going further into insainty and lonelyness and isolation and....Theres nothing wrong with me..Jedi acadamy looks sweet seriously thumbs up for findin the site on lucas arts lol id never think of lookin there

Originally posted by The_One

Please bring back the Concussion Rifle - one of my favourite guns, which was ommitted from JKII.

I knew this wasn't the full blown JKIII ;) I think it's likely JKIII will be on the Doom 3 engine if/when it comes...

Doom 3 isn't coming out for a long, long, time. If/When it did, I doubt JK3 would be using it just because the close combat of it isn't the best. And JK3 is going to be mainly sabers.

Archived