Home

EMpower

Spark Dog

Originally posted by FrogFragger

Have you made MODs that are half as popular as JA? If not, I think you should shut your hole. There is not much that I despise more than petty whining bitches.

I hope you not suggesting that just because someone hasn't also created a mod, that their opinions on it aren't valid...

Originally posted by FrogFragger

[edit:bill sry, this comment has to go]

Just a suggestion for someone that is new here, I would suggest toning down the language if you don't want to be banned. :D

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottom line is your mod is used no differently than a client side hack by the 90% of the admins who run it.

And equating “popularity” with “helping the community” is just plain BS.

Even if you took the total number of downloads of these mods and multiplied it by 90000 it still would not be ½ of the total # of OGC downloads and I’m pretty sure the Counter-Strike community wishes that little file was not as popular as it was.

Your mod may not have been intended to be a hack but that’s how it is used and you guys simply turn the other cheek because having the spotlight on your work is an ego boost.

I suppose this is the same quandry that prescription drug manufacturers may have. Drugs are manufactured to help people, yet a few of these people can abuse medication and do harm to themselves or others. Does this stop people from making medicine? No.

Same with us. There are responsible admins out there who use JA Mod's features with maturity. So long as those guys exist and appreciate the work that goes into it, ZeroCool will keep on putting forth the effort into perfecting the mod (hopefully :)).

Please do us a favor, Unnamed. Stop playing on Adminmod/JAMod servers if you hate them so much. And don't you dare bring up this whole "it's hurting the community" bullsh*t. I've not read one positive thing from you this entire thread. People playing with code and trying to make useful tools helps a community. Pitching fits on messageboards doesn't. EOF.

Originally posted by shock ~ unnamed

Filter out all the admin mod servers and try to find me a ½ dozen (out of several hundred) that you can *actually go on and *play without out being slapped or put to sleep when an admin is present.

And by play I simply mean:

\connect XX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Join game

Start fighting

True “FFA” servers are as common as “Holocron” game type servers, oh sure 75% of the servers are running in the FFA game type but don’t you dare try to actually play FFA on an admin mod one.

... You say WE'RE out of touch?

I've never been kicked from a server. Ever. I've never been bunnied. Ever. I don't know what you're going on about, but this doesn't happen to me. And I don't sit around playing with emotes. I "play" as you would put it. I've seen a few of those servers where they don't play... But you know what? That's why they have a disconnect button. And I used it, and I went and I got on a different server and I "played".

Better yet, if this community is so horrible, go play a different game. The loss of your attitude is no loss at all...

Not going any where, ban me for speaking my mind (yet keep ignoring the ****smoker comment from the guy supporting you) if you want, but I say these mods are garbage and only serve to boost the egos of noob fanboys.

I can't help but find it ironic that you people who cry "lamer" and preach the praises of the punishment features in these mods are the first ones to spew vulgarity and insults at people.

And as for the guy who says he's never been kicked?

No offense dude but chances are you're not a very good player.

Ask any vet/competitive player and you will hear the same thing.

/am noobs don't grasp that there is a world outside of their little emote a thon servers and when an actual player does set foot on their server and tears them up, it's sleep time for the "lamer/Force whore".

taken from _______ (<insert lame Mod Name here))

FlameOn.gif

WRONG You say you are a Coder lmao. if you were then you would know that those 1080 animations werent taken from Omnimod they are in Base JKO....as well as all of the other features NPCs taken from omni and VA yeah right we are doing the npcs using g2animent (base JKO) and Bots combined so shut your hole. All of our Features are used using JKOs base we arent even using Jedimods Code So dont come to my Forums,read about my mod,and think you know it all so STFU....plz excuse the flaming,but you dont need to judge the mod Im helping with by thinking you know it all.

Here you go guys, perfect example of why I am so anti admin mod and why I think your mods are nothing more than glorified client side hacks and harming the community by driving people away.

Down load this map (need it to watch demo).

Jedi Council (version 3, new one)

http://www.orderofthejedi.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=310

I want you to pay close attention to what is going on in here.

I went in and never said a single word, never broke a single rule.

All I did was connect and jump in on a little FFA action that was going on.

A few minutes into the match the admin decides he won’t be out scored so out come your punishment features.

This continues for several minutes but being a very determined person I continue to play and kill this idiot over and over.

When this demo starts the FFA has pretty much come to a halt and the admin and his buddies are having a swell time abusing the admin functions.

I’m just trying to take out anything that moves before he makes me explode, by this time he had bound all these functions to a key with my name.

*Ability is what got me punished.

I had it, they did not.

Frustrated they resorted to your mod as most admins do.

Now I know what you are saying, this is just one bad server right?

Nope.

This is the treatment skilled players get when we hit these admin mod servers.

Most people who frequent them are total noobs and the second some one comes along who is not one, out comes the mod punishments.

Please do download and watch this, if after all of this you still support admin mods and think they “help the community” I really do feel sorry for you.

Demo (small download, just make sure you get the map first)

http://www.geocities.com/shockwave_unnamed/

Let's see

I joined an FFA server. (Yes I still play JK2 sometimes, contrary to the popular belief).

Wow, what is that? 10 out of 12 people were standing in one place spinning around, performing animations. Fine. I come with my saber open and watch them. Note that this is no-force, saber only server. Comes the admin and yells at me that I have an open saber. I look at her and say nothing. Fine, she empowers herself and pushes me over the ledge. I go to spectator mode, waiting for a bit of real action. Finally, duels. But guess what? The admin and the cronies play against other decent people with empower on. So good, it's a no-force, saber-only server and they have grip level 3 and push level3 and of course. No wonder that they abuse the other people and boast with their "abilities".

This happened on at least 15 out of 20 FFA servers that I visited.

Talk about good community. All these servers were running JAM.

Originally posted by ASk

This happened on at least 15 out of 20 FFA servers that I visited.

Talk about good community. All these servers were running JAM.

That is just how it is on most admin mod servers man.

These mods are basically driving the nail in the coffin of the "playing" community.

No longer is connecting to a server and playing without being screwed with an option.

And if publicly "outing" the behavior of the hypocrites that abuse these mods is considered as harmful to this part of the community then all I have to say is burn baby burn.

Woah, woah, let's not rail on ASk or Code (the coder for RPGmod), they've both done things for the JK2 community that has pushed the barrier for all the other mods.

ASk is the one who came up with a gla merger (which would allow us to do new player animations if Raven ever gets around to giving us the correct animation skeleton).

Code is the one who has proven that multiple .gla files can run in MP at the same time. Now, I can't talk about how he proved it as it would ruin the surprise. :D

It sucks you 2 had such bad experiences. I'll say it again. Don't play on a JA Mod server. If all these admins are screwing it up for the rest of us then why do you keep going there? Oh. You need to give your daily rant on admins and fanboys. My bad. Keep going then and please, keep posting here about how much you hate the whole situation.

I never said flaming the bad admins was a bad thing. The community needs to get rid of the bad apples in its bunch. My statement about hurting the community earlier was directed towards this aimless flaming you're doing. My point is instead of crying about it, do something about it. Put your money where your mouth is, ace.

Originally posted by NerfYoda

My point is instead of crying about it, do something about it. Put your money where your mouth is, ace.

Great idea.

How bout I come to your little Academy and show you and your students how real competitive skilled players play.

This way when they venture out into the world of public servers as players, or in some cases admins, they will no longer fear that which they have *never seen.

That is unless you are afraid your little Padawans might actually see there is a world beyond /ambow and that people actually do still play this game as it was intended.

Our little school is open to all. :) Keep in mind we primarily focus on dueling technique right now. If all you're going to do is try to demeans us or try to 'pwn' us or whatever it is you nutty clan folks like to do then save yourself the time and don't apply.

However if you're looking to improve your game or help others improve theirs you're welcome aboard.

Originally posted by Ronin_Medjai

taken from _______ (<insert lame Mod Name here))

FlameOn.gif

WRONG You say you are a Coder lmao. if you were then you would know that those 1080 animations werent taken from Omnimod they are in Base JKO....as well as all of the other features NPCs taken from omni and VA yeah right we are doing the npcs using g2animent (base JKO) and Bots combined so shut your hole. All of our Features are used using JKOs base we arent even using Jedimods Code So dont come to my Forums,read about my mod,and think you know it all so STFU....plz excuse the flaming,but you dont need to judge the mod Im helping with by thinking you know it all.

Howdy...I decided to check back here to see how all you are doing? Looks like pretty good eh? Anyways, I didnt mean the animations are "mine" or "Omnimods" or whatever, and yes they do all come in anims.h :) but the names for some of them are completely identical. So if you are doing all the code from scratch to make the commands like "duel sabers" and stuff than great...more power to ya. As for Jedi Academy Mod, I am releasing a new version this month so you'll all have more to flame me on. Have a nice day :)

I think the main problem with JA and VA is what some call its best feature and thats server-side. I like the idea of if you dont like a cetain mod just dont DL it and you cant play on that type of server without the mod this keeps people seperated into their categories that they need to be. VA and JA are just base JKO with emotes and Admin Commands which JKO doesnt Need. Its a Game not a place to have discussions if you dont want to shoot something or kill,but this mod allows people to 'torture' people who dont play by THIER rules and I follow the Basic Rules if its an RPG Server I RP if its CTF I capture the Flag if its a Free for All Gametype that means Anything Goes! If you want to Duel go play Duelers Mod or something JA and VA are ruining base JKO which quite frankly a lot of people like. Now what we should do instead of posting IPS of Bad Servers is post IPs of good ones with peeps who dont abuse admin and stuff that way the ones who like to play can do so without being lamed by some n00b who sux and has to use admin to win. Anyone with me on this?

Originally posted by Ronin_Medjai

I think the main problem with JA and VA is what some call its best feature and thats server-side. I like the idea of if you dont like a cetain mod just dont DL it and you cant play on that type of server without the mod this keeps people seperated into their categories that they need to be. VA and JA are just base JKO with emotes and Admin Commands which JKO doesnt Need. Its a Game not a place to have discussions if you dont want to shoot something or kill,but this mod allows people to 'torture' people who dont play by THIER rules and I follow the Basic Rules if its an RPG Server I RP if its CTF I capture the Flag if its a Free for All Gametype that means Anything Goes! If you want to Duel go play Duelers Mod or something JA and VA are ruining base JKO which quite frankly a lot of people like. Now what we should do instead of posting IPS of Bad Servers is post IPs of good ones with peeps who dont abuse admin and stuff that way the ones who like to play can do so without being lamed by some n00b who sux and has to use admin to win. Anyone with me on this?

That is a CAPITAL idea :D. Puts the situation in a positive light. I dig that. I don't mean to advertise, but the Academy runs JA Mod servers (go figure :)) quite responsibly. Our server addresses are only given to members though. :rolleyes:

One more:

Apparently (oh god what a crime) I did not bow nor did I say Good fight (or the analog of it in form of auto-bind with spammy colors and ascii art). Of course. The solution? Put me to sleep, silence me and repeatedly kill me. To "teach me manners".

This community is going to hell. JAM and VA are the things that bring it down.

shot0002.jpg

shot0006.jpg

Of course killing a person that can't defend himself is easy. In real duels they fail, to cheating they resort.

Originally posted by ASk

One more:

Apparently (oh god what a crime) I did not bow nor did I say Good fight (or the analog of it in form of auto-bind with spammy colors and ascii art). Of course. The solution? Put me to sleep, silence me and repeatedly kill me. To "teach me manners".

shot0002.jpg

shot0006.jpg

Of course killing a person that can't defend himself is easy. In real duels they fail, to cheating they resort.

I am so glad i stick to CtF, as the fan boys are sooo Gay. bow GF and ****... **** off and play the game. the idea of puting the bad servers up is ****... would be a lot easyer to put the good ones up.. should not be a long list.

I say Kill all Fan Boys... but only with there sabers down.. and you get 10 points if you do it when they are bowing.

pls post Screen shots of you doing this ahahahahahahaha

if you want to look like a prat play on a dule, leave FFA games to play FFA... they make these mods as them players are so gay and crap they cant beat you at your own game.

Just watched the demo LMFAO hehehe what a bunch of Fan Boys

lol they are the players that would if they could have a /am of /am blowjob so they could be one with there fellow Fan Boys.

and what did i see at the start, rules: Defeat your enemies to score points!

LMFAO well we could add -=[ERG]=- servers to the list of bad servers

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you deserved that DFA. When you play on someone else's server you're subject to their rules. If you don't like it, well, no one is forcing you to play on that particular server. Now if that admin didnt explain the rules before the duel or just DFA'd you out of the blue I do have a problem with that...

I think you guys are forgetting that this is a Star Wars game. A Star Wars game is going to attract different fans than Quake 3 or CS. These folks are going to appreciate the whole "Jedi" aspect to the game, and will run their servers accordingly. It's not "gay" or whatever. It's just not your typical fragfest FPS server. Again if you don't like it don't play it.

Originally posted by ASk

One more:

shot0002.jpg

shot0006.jpg

GJKC is one of the most pathetic clans in JKII, period. Our boys from IDS opened a can on their ass, and they cried until an admin sleeped them because they were getting their asses handed to them.

It's clans like these that make me sick.

Not really, people are just venting their frustrations at the situation.

1-Take a noob/***hole admin or clan.

2-Give them a mod to humiliate players with impunity.

3-Drive players away from the game because they are tired of being ****ed with every time they set foot on almost any server running one of these mods.

4-The average players option of "going to another server" are limited because the majority of people playing JK2 now are annoying fanboy noobs who get off on ridiculing people and hence, run these mods. The players only other option is to hit the competitive clan servers and get torn up by people out of his league and hence get even more frustrated.

The good old days of being able to just hit a public JK2 FFA server and play some Jedi Outcast are long gone and I put a very large part of that blame on the shoulders of these mods.

You know shock~unnamed I think its people that go around calling every jerk and prick admin out there an annoying fanboy noob are the ones that ruin the gaming community. Whining and complaining doesn't solve very many problems. If it weren't for the fanboys you complain about this game probably wouldn't even exist. You complain about the mods, but its not the mods that cause the problems. Its the admins that use them. ZeroCool or any of the other mod creators can't go around to every server using there mod and go "Oh I'm sorry you're misusing my mod, you can't have it." You make it sound like the game is 20 years old when you say the good old days.

I really don't think that these mods have caused any difference in the game. Before you had a jerk in the game and if the server host was around or you could miraculously get enough votes you could kick out the ass and when the host of the server was the ass, you simply left or played untill they decided to kick you. With these admin mods now, the server host doesn't have to be on or you don't need to acquire the 66% of the people to vote yes to kick someone off. A person with admin powers can do it. Or they can slap the person or put them to sleep for a moment and let them know they are misbehaving, and should try to behave. Not just a kick and having them constantly rejoin and causing more problems. Same thing with a crappy Admin, play by their rules, leave or be kicked by them. The only change is that now its not just the host that can be a prick but the admins overall that can be one. Whether the mod is there or not really isn't going to have an effect on these people. If you can blow it off and not let them get to you then you are the better person. There are many things in this world that people abuse: Driving, drugs, guns are some. Just because a few abuse them does that mean that no one should be able to drive or have a beer every now and then or go out hunting just because of one or two pricks?

\rcon addip

\rcon kick

That bans a user in any Quake 3 engine game.

Explain to me again why there is need for anything more than that?

Oh yeah of course.

"We have to punish teh lamerz cuz dey have no honorz like us real Jedi".

Please guy save the sermon for the /amspin crowd.

But hey what do I know, I mean by that logic why blame OGC for their Counter-Strike bots.

They just make it; it's the players who abuse it right?

And please don't any of you go there with the "whining never solves any problems speech".

I constantly was trying to teach the whiny noobs of 1.03 that they need not whine for patches while damn near all of the people on these forums were making "OMFG TEH BACK STAB IS GAY" threads every other post.

Archived