Home

Gameplay Suggestions

pds.silentsoul

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Aoshi

Legion my team and I (BF) will help you however we can. I wanna see this game be the best ever and draw on all sorts of crowds.

I appreciate this very much, I believe we're aiming for the same goal here.

Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

go ahead and write that document, but make sure you include a link to this thread (after the flames have been removed naturally), that way there is proof behind your document that a lot of people agree with it.

I shall start shortly and include a link, or perhaps I should start up a new thread? If I were moderating here *hint hint* I'd have already cleaned up this thread quickly.

Originally posted by pds.silentsoul

hey legion,

being the thread starter, *pats himself on the back*, i'll help you create this document if you wish. also i am totally for its creation. its not too late for raven to change the game. we aren't asking for a total graphical overhaul. we are just asking for simple tweaks to the game really. for instance to change the rocket speed, i imagine, is only a few or maybe 1 line of code. and, if raven doesn't realize to change this stuff they will have created a product that a lot of ctfers/tdmers will not play.

Thanks for the offer, although it'd be easier for me to compile the individual parts of the documents together myself and then post here to adress each issue one by one. Note: I will need everyone's full concentration and seriousness for this to actually work!

Originally posted by [pG]reTrY

What does this have to do with the thread? Good job in exposing you don't have any regard for this forum or its policies. Let me just give you a fair warning: This post will no doubt be deleted/edited soon after I get someone in here. Cheers ; )

Just there i went on to a fairly decent saber server (the guns ones kept kicking me, and some clan owned the sab server) to see jsut what the prob was. When i got my game the leader (was on rampage 8-0, it was up to 10) i gave him a run for his money at the beginning but he turned to the problematic tactics. It was the kicking and pulling.

The thing was, he playing fairly and things, competitive but not obsessed. When he started losing he used pull and kick.

What should be done is that you shouldn't be able to get kicked while staring straight at em, I mean the run straight into your saber and kick you, i believe that an easy way to stop this is that if you keep your eye on them it hrts them when they kick you and your sab. This would probably stop the kicking addicts.

Also the Pulling - If i was to stand any chance it was to pull at him too, so i did but what we need is some sort of counter so that they can't spam it - so like if they do it too much chances are that sometimes they miss them and it odesn't pull properly rather everytime, I think that maybe ull should pull to the ground anbd not bring them closer or bring them clsoer but not deck them.

They're just some of my suggestions in that area.

Oh yeh typings bad, i know :)

If you all agree then maybe there could be osame way we could include it in the document that Legion is writing up :)

what matches would those be retry? considering i am undefeated in matchplay. its not like i let some foreigner come on to a server in my country and totally destroy me and any credibility my clan had by losing to his ping and superior skills. no you merely let matt do that to you. losing to his 200 ping in front of your teammates and even begging him to join your european clan. pretty sad you needed someone with 200+ ms to actually improve your team :(

very good idea. if it turns into a petition i'll try and round up all my old clanmates because i've been have a discussion with them lately about jk3. and all of them said they probably wouldn't play unless the changes i outlined and DSBR outlined specifically were made. so, if this petition style thing happens i can guarentee a few signatures.

I can't create a petition until a good number of issues/points have been composed and adressed. Things don't happen just overnight, it will take a good day or so to work on this document (that doesn't include discussion time on the boards) so patience will be required.

I shall post up a link later tonight to where the document will be updated, I'll also put in bold quotations the topic at hand needing attention in this thread (if something is mutually agreed upon between all the members then we can move along faster on to the next topic). Or should I create another thread? (I ask this for the last time :p)

WOO thanks legion it's great to see that we can get all aspects of varied communities to work together for the betterment of a game. If you need some help or someone to proofread or something just IM me it's in my profile. I'm a college student so i might be of some help anyways just let me know.

Finally, a non-retard post on these forums...

Here's a suggestion; actually beta test the game before you release it?... that usually works. And, when you test, use people that aren't complete idiots. I'm sure bf, dsbr, rise, fk, shock and whoever else would gladly volunteer to promote a decent game. Those clans contained some of the early "innovators," people who knew/know the engine and are quick to find exploits.

I think that when they started JO (JK2) they were making a FPS with sabers. This is what their whole goal should be all along. It should be more focused around guns; that seems to be the community favorite. It should be guns with sabers, not sabers with some guns. I think that the reason people don't like JK2 or just don't play JK2 very much is because the guns weren’t worth getting "leet" with. sure any new-b that has played a FPS before could just pop into the game and blow every one away, but I think what made counter-strike and other FPS games more successful is because it was very competitive, you could become very, very good at the game, and you were rewarded for it, (classic conditioning) people appreciated how much time you spent on it and how hard you worked to become good at the game. In JK3 Raven needs to definitely fix the guns issue. Meaning they need to fix, more ammo, more accuracy, speed it up.

Speeding it up could also help the saber combat and would even help the "saber only" people in this game. Also I think that the reason there are so many "saber only" games out there is because maybe they didn’t make the duel option well enough. I read the article that LEC posted about it, it is suppose to have more Jedi in combat, well maybe they could put in an option for perhaps teamed duels. But one of my main points is definitely speed up the game play. And please limit the use of force pull.

Archived