Home

Gameplay Suggestions

pds.silentsoul

Personally though I think that JO tournament-winning players and only JO tournament-winning players should be used as late beta-gameplay-testers by Raven.

But i agree that perhaps the people that exploited the bugs should beta test :)

JO tournament winner mgiht be better though since they'll be more liekly to be honest than clans (they might leave a bug in to keep for themselves etc.) Not that i'm syaing that that would happen but they probably deserve it more :)

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Sighs* Here we go again. Hello to you pds and DSbrs btw. JK2 was ok when it first came out, but yes it sucked after the patches and most of the real gamers quit. I rented the WD JK2 for 6 months and only got 2 months of play on it before I completely lost interest.

As in the development of JK2, the true hardcore gamers were far outnumber buy the star wars fan boys that just want to swing a glowing stick and pretend to be Puke Skyfaller. Hopefully Raven has noticed that JK2 MP is nothing right now, there are 10 empty servers for every one that has 3-4 players. If they are smart, they will do what they SHOULD have done with JK2; listen to the real gamers, people who play for the gameplay and not just the star wars image.

From what I've read, the game is mostly done which means that unless they've already realized certain things then there is no going back. Anyways, there would have to be a total rework of forces and guns to make JK3/JA worth playing.

hey, i'd say keep hope. they do not have to release it absolutely on time. games have been pushed back before. and, its due out in the fall which means they have like 3 or 4 months of programming time to tweak the weapon systems, and force. i think the guns were OVERALL decent in jk2. my main beef with them was the ammo requirements. you were always and i mean always low on ammo. these are simple things to change and would seriously enhance the gameplay.

so just keep hope. hopefully this post will catch someone from raven's eye in a few days. i've posted on every board i can find with a link back here. i posted at http://www.ravenforums.com http://www.ravensoft.com and http://www.teamwarfare.com all which link to this thread. so keep your fingers crossed.

Leigon as you know I'm for your idea. I'd like to help out as much as I can. :) If you feel you need to start a new thread to eliminate confusion...by all means do so [even though it might not have the desired effect]. If you want to do that thread, we can have it heavily moderated.....meaning anything other then legitmate suggestions will be deleted from it.

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

And Dr death was only telling us why they're here and what trouble they are..... :/

We're keeping an eye out. :)

Originally posted by pds.silentsoul

so just keep hope. hopefully this post will catch someone from raven's eye in a few days. i've posted on every board i can find with a link back here. i posted at http://www.ravenforums.com http://www.ravensoft.com and http://www.teamwarfare.com all which link to this thread. so keep your fingers crossed.

I hope so to, also that's a big help, thank you.

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

Leigon as you know I'm for your idea. I'd like to help out as much as I can. :) If you feel you need to start a new thread to eliminate confusion...by all means do so [even though it might not have the desired effect]. If you want to do that thread, we can have it heavily moderated.....meaning anything other then legitmate suggestions will be deleted from it.

Well personally I'd like to open up a new thread to reduce the clutter, however I'm not sure how other people would react to that. What say ye all? Yay or nay? Take into account that Silent soul has already linked this particular thread in several other websites, perhaps we should try keep things organised here?

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

A new thread wouldn't be bad, one that would actually catch people eye rather than "my thoughts"

Well if no new thread is created perhaps change the title of this one to "GSD - Game Specifications Document", or something along those lines. :]

You guys are pretty much saying what I would say. I also agree with that document thing, sounds like a good idea. JK2 was fun for me for a while. I struggled with it, however, because of the patches. The gameplay changed so much I no longer understood how the game was played and lost interest. But the concept of JK is still very appealing and I'm looking forward to the next installment. Please Raven, take your time and don't create uber-nerfing patches.

Originally posted by DSbr-matt

here is a good discussion on force_pull from the TWL forums. it pretty much shows the serious/competitve jk2 players opinon on the worthless power.

http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showthread.asp?forumid=18&threadid=34333

ya ya im banned for being a deviant socipath or something. try not to have too much fun with that one newbies.

Thanks, I'll look into this. I think it certainly is an important detail under the force section (yes I've started working on different sections now :p) which needs to be addressed and resolved for JK3.

Originally posted by DSbr-matt

here is a good discussion on force_pull from the TWL forums. it pretty much shows the serious/competitve jk2 players opinon on the worthless power.

http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showthread.asp?forumid=18&threadid=34333

ya ya im banned for being a deviant socipath or something. try not to have too much fun with that one newbies.

hmm.. maybe you shouldnt go there on second thought. after actaully reading it, i have come to discover that it's mostly flames hehe. but Det says it best in that thread with:

"A game is fundamentally flawed when the cheapest and easiest move in the game is the only requirement for defence in public CTF"

and

"Matt isn't arguing that you need to use pull and push to win, he's saying that the game is fundamentally flawed if you need to rely on a cheap and skill-less set of moves to play."

Searching for proper suggestions through some of these threads/pages is more difficult than I expected, with all the spam to wade through it's like an endless ocean. :| If (any of) you have links to supply this thread, include what part is important that should be looked into and what it deals with specifically.

Originally posted by de.Legion

Searching for proper suggestions through some of these threads/pages is more difficult than I expected, with all the spam to wade through it's like an endless ocean. :| If (any of) you have links to supply this thread, include what part is important that should be looked into and what it deals with specifically.

just make sure you include something about serious beta testing please... I think/hope that's a no.1 priority for raven.

Originally posted by SuperSon!c

I think that maybe if they changed absorb so that you didn't just stop that it would be a great balance because the push and pull wouldn't be much of a problem and absorb could compete with rage.

For guns that would be cool, just shoot the guy in the back as he's making for his base to cap.

But in FF/SO CTF (a widely popular game type since day one) that seems like a very frustrating scenario to me.

Grab flag, flip on absorb and speed, cap.

Even a guy with lesser evasion/jumping skills would be able to reach a base to cap effortlessly if there was no way to "delay" his movement.

Legion. The information i've seen thus far that has been agreed upon by everyone is: The guns were made weaker by the first patches which changed the ammo. Push/pull/rage all need to be equaled out for a more enjoyable experience. And beta testing this game publicly or privately(but with people like pds, dsbr, and other jk2ers who aren't avid star wars fans) needs to be done to make sure the game will be an appealing ctf/tdm/ffa experience. And the saber combat needs to either be changed somehow in order for it to actually be something you'd wanna do in a all weapons server.

Originally posted by shock ~ unnamed

For guns that would be cool, just shoot the guy in the back as he's making for his base to cap.

But in FF/SO CTF (a widely popular game type since day one) that seems like a very frustrating scenario to me.

Grab flag, flip on absorb and speed, cap.

Even a guy with lesser evasion/jumping skills would be able to reach a base to cap effortlessly if there was no way to "delay" his movement.

No IF the saber did a 1-2 hit kill then it would be much easier to return the flag, so then the game would revolve around which team has the best flag returners (which is based on individual saber skill). This would be perfect for saberists because it would be mainly a so/ffa but with a purpose. This all hinges on sabers being more powerful though, so naturally cappers would be able to get away but then they'd actually have to defend themselves instead of running around getting team healed and team energized.

I played SO/CTF back in 1.03 a little and I do admit the games were much more fun and had a faster pace because of the back stab.

It was kind of like the saber version of instagib CTF.

Regardless of absorb though I think push/pull should function with "gun like" physics.

As in the cross hair needs to be on them for it to even function.

I also think the range needs to be shortened to something like the level 3 drain range.

Being able to stand 100 yards away and just pull in the general direction is kind of dumb.

Archived