Home

Gameplay Suggestions

pds.silentsoul

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by PetR-

The setup for MotS's push was cool, if anything make it like that for sp.

NO NO NO NO NO!!! AUGH!! MoTS forces were primitive- it's highly unlikely that you can push a person back 15 feet and have them not even fall. besides, the "lock-on" forces from JK and MoTS are just....slow and archaic.

Detriq:

Your suggestion would be fine for guns/ctf but useless for saber only ff servers. We need a force set-up that's all-around good for game balance. If the pull or push increased exponentially as time increased, I could see it working; however, there would have to be some way of countering.... hell, push should negate pull; pull should negate push (depending on how well the aim was of course). What I really like is the so-called implementation of multiple force use... can you imagine the combo/exploit/bug possibilities? They could be endless.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't GHOUL2 specifically designed for damage modelling and calculation, and placing where your shots land? I remember reading about how great SoFII was going to be because of how accurate GHOUL2 modelled the damage. How is GHOUL implemented in Jk2 (as I beleive GHOUL is in Jk2, and it allows for dismemberment)? I mean you can kill someone with a disruptor shot to the foot. More advanced damage calculations and modelling would add that degree of attainable skill level we were discussing earlier. Something similar to what exists in Counter Strike.

Something that could be very useful

Originally posted by RambOrc

in RavenForums

This is not the official Raven Software board, just as RavenGames is no official Raven Software site. What I can offer you people though is that if you collect important requests/questions into one text file and mail it to me, I'll then post it here as a closed thread (no more postings from users into it) and try to get someone from Raven Software to answer it publicly.

URL is http://www.ravenforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1681

This would be where you should send the document

No one here is discussing about having the saber or not, i think everyone agrees with the saber staying, but its about turning the game into an rpg instead of an fps, no one wants that after so many titles...

That sounds good contender.

We should check every post on this thread and discuss it, and i mean every single one so nothing important escapes that document.

Thats why i asked for a poll, i think a poll with every single idea on this thread would help sorting out whats important and not

Dont think we need to harass Raven at this point... Last thing we want is to interrupt their conecntration on this project... Delays will be bitched about, but they would be our faults....

Besides, the modding community will be there like a shot.

For instance, it would be nice to have saber style where by you fight with a single saber with two hand with noraml set of attacks and abilities, but if you wanted, can do a Mara and use you saber in one hand whilst you use a pistol in the other. Can then use the odd basic slash attack with your saber for primary fire, fire a shot from the blaster with secondary fire, and still be able to deflect shots (although slighlty less well, and not reflect - trade off)

Would be an awesome style to play around with for the scoundrels and trigger happy amongst us, but Raven will be too occupied. The modders could hopefully find the idea intriguing and do it.

(But if Raven could add it.... SWEEEEET ;) )

Hmm, not sure how well being able to have a saber in 1 hand and a pistol in the other would work. There would have to be some disadvantages to doing that, maybe less accurate blocking, or less accuracy in the gun. Otherwise everyone would be running around with a saber and gun in hand, and I just can't picture that.

Originally posted by Necrosis

Hmm, not sure how well being able to have a saber in 1 hand and a pistol in the other would work. There would have to be some disadvantages to doing that, maybe less accurate blocking, or less accuracy in the gun. Otherwise everyone would be running around with a saber and gun in hand, and I just can't picture that.

I covered that. But yeah - as you said. Blocking would not be so great, and you could only deflect, not reflect shots (if you see what I mean, and you would only be able to fire single shots - not charge shots. Your speed would be increased, but less power in any saber stike.

I would be for against non-Force / Saber wielding opponents at medium to close range.

Would look cool too! :cool:

About push/pull and grip, I'd much rather have it as a targeted reticle as in JK1. You held down the button, got a lock, then released it to activate the power. This would get rid of the button mashing. One of the elite skills in JK1 was the ability to know the grip reticle and cone so well that you didnt have to see the red circle to grip some one.

Another thing that disappointed me about jk2 pull was that you couldn't use it to get items faster like you could in jk1. Part of moving fast in JK1 was using pull to grab items faster so you could cover a lot more ground. Pulling items so your opponent couldn't use them was also vital to a battle between elites. Let push/pull be able to target items and if i pull something it should come right to me.

Force seeing needs to be totally redone to be more like JK1, that is there needs to be an overhead map as well.

Mana should regenerate even if I am using force.

At the highest jedi rank, I should be able to maintain speed and seeing and still have enough mana for grips and jumps.

Force jump should be much faster and more agressive and take less mana.

Force speed should be must faster and yet easier to control; no slipping around and get rid of that stupid blur.

I would much perfer JK1 style grip where I could move around but my opponent would be immobalized.

As for the saber, well I'll always be limited compared to guns in FF Guns and CTF, but that's ok. Just have it do massive damage like 2nd swing in JK1.

Oh yeah, bring back destruction and force boosts and surges the way we had them in JK1. Also, give us more ammo and weapons that don't suck please.

JK2 MP is dead after a year, JK1 MP is still alive after 6 years. Get a clue.

One more thing, they'll have to do better the just making star wars maps that are just rooms connected by hallways and elevators. Study oasis and BGJ. They are open and still 3 dimensional and designed in a way that encourages fast and trick movement.

Torment has some good points there. What I also noticed about Torment's post was that he really used the word 'fast' a lot. I agree with him on that. The overall gameplay feel must be faster than it is right now. Speed is an easy, but great way to heighten your adrenaline and to increase the fun of the gameplay.

Thanks Zodiac. You're right, the speed of JK1 was faster then any game made before or since. Doing trick jumps while moving at force speed 4, watching the map, and thinking about controling items/countinig the surge PLUS trying to out think your opponent at the same time is what gave JK1 such an extreme learning curve, replayability, and level of excitement and feeling of accomplishment.

Another thing about the maps, the two most highly played maps had nothing to do with any SWs book or movie, had lots of ammo and power ups, and were open and not just a series of rooms, hallways and lifts. They encouraged the type of play I'm talking about.

Saber gimmics and cute little moves and double sabers might attract some people, but it won't make them stay long. Real gamers don't give a crap. We want GAME PLAY not cute little gimmics. Jk's graphics are horrible, yet I'd still rather play it then JK2.

GET A CLUE!

Torment has some great points there, JK2 was slow compared to jk1, you had to be quick on your feet while your opponent was doing the same.

Force seeing needs to be totally redone to be more like JK1, that is there needs to be an overhead map as well.

Raven said they couldn't do it because of the way the Q3 engine is, there's no overhead map in it but it should be implemented IMO.

Also that move in jk2 where you right clicked and it would do that huge move that did 98 damage, should perhaps be put back in as an option bewcause, it really made people careful and caused some good movement. Maybe it sohuld be as high dmaage but it made jk saber fighting click.

I couldnt possibly agree more about the speed issue. probably the most annoying thing about Jedi Outcast for me was the very slow movement speed, and i mean running and strafing speed here, not strafe jumping speed. in JK it is possible to have force speed on all the time since it doesnt take much mana and this makes the game almost uncontrollably fast, which is fun. and weapons should also be more like concussion rifle, which basically has rocket launcher and railgun combined into one weapon with very fast speed for the "rocket" (primary fire) but also very slow reload rate which makes it difficult to learn. and although primary fire of conc rifle has very fast speed, if players move fast its just a good thing.

id just like to say that the only reason i play jk2 multiplayer is for the sabers. see, im a pretty hardcore fps player, but ive played SO many FPS's that all feel the same ... u get sick of it after a while. which is why im hooked onto jk2 ... its unique : force powers and sabers make a HUGE difference.

also, it would be really cool if Raven added a built-in teamspeak. i hate playing games online because i feel like im playing a bunch of bots ... nobody talks , because nobody CAN talk ... and typing out messages arnt the same. i hate consoles as much as most hardcore pc gamers do, but i had sooo much fun playing on xbox live simply because i could yell at my team, and basically socialize. thats why whenever i play jk2 , i play it w/ friends , and with teamspeak.

thats my 2 cents :)

SiN

Archived