Home

Explain Your Name Here

I think the title basically explains this thread. In these boards we have some very interesting names and I am sure people would like to understand the meaning or reason behind them.(at least I would :p )

Ok, so I will go first.

My favorite character is Obi-Wan and Luke Skywalker, but I joined the boards after The Phantom Menace came out and the name Obi Wan or anything to that likeness wasn't available so I went with Jedi Apprentice. Which I actually like better.

Now it is your turn. :)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I wanted a Jedi in my name hehe...

And I looked at the clock. Whaddya know? 2:20 AM.

Hence, Jedi+220 = Jedi220

^__^

Well, I tried to explain my to King Pin earlier........I guess the best way would be to say that it's a name for a jedi that I came up with.

Taos is a mountain range in New Mexico (or a mountain). Leemu just came from tring to make cool sounding first names.....that sounded somewhat human/jedi like. I just took the mu from the greek alphabet and there I had it....it just rolled off my tounge nicely. :) Lee - mu Ta - os [like chaos ;)]. :)

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

Well, I tried to explain my to King Pin earlier........I guess the best way would be to say that it's a name for a jedi that I came up with.

Taos is a mountain range in New Mexico (or a mountain). Leemu just came from tring to make cool sounding first names.....that sounded somewhat human/jedi like. I just took the mu from the greek alphabet and there I had it....it just rolled off my tounge nicely. :) Lee - mu Ta - os [like chaos ;)]. :)

and heres that conversation

[20:44:49] KingPinhad..: hey Leemu, ive always wanted to ask you

this, but never had the time and didnt want to be accused a

spammer, whats your name mean....whats its origin?

[20:45:02] LeemuTaos: heheh

[20:45:12] LeemuTaos: don't worry, you're not a spammer

[20:45:14] LeemuTaos: =]

[20:45:21] LeemuTaos: well....

[20:45:29] LeemuTaos: the story is nothing exciting really

[20:45:54] LeemuTaos: It's basically a jedi name I pulled out of my

arse a couple of years ago

[20:46:05] LeemuTaos: I was trying to think of good names for a

jedi...

[20:46:16] LeemuTaos: Taos is actually a mountain range in new mexico

[20:46:34] LeemuTaos: and it also used to be an alcholic beverage

several years back

[20:46:45] LeemuTaos: and Leemu...well

[20:46:54] KingPinhad..: Taos, i remember teh drink

[20:46:59] LeemuTaos: it just sounded kinda cool

[20:47:05] KingPinhad..: The*

[20:47:05] LeemuTaos: my real name isn't lee

[20:47:24] LeemuTaos: but I threw on the mu because of my college

days...

[20:47:28] LeemuTaos: and well there we have it

[20:47:44] LeemuTaos: basically it's my jedi name..if I ever was going

to be one! yeah right..=D

[20:47:56] KingPinhad..: :p oyu can dream

[20:48:00] KingPinhad..: you*

[20:48:14] LeemuTaos: exactly....that's why some of us are here ! =]

[20:48:28] KingPinhad..: hahaha

[20:49:05] LeemuTaos: but yeah....I just was going through several

first names...and that just seemed to work. =]

[20:49:59] KingPinhad..: hows it pronounced, ive always said

la-mu Taws

[20:50:31] LeemuTaos: Lee - mu

[20:50:45] LeemuTaos: Ta - os

[20:50:52] LeemuTaos: close there

[20:50:54] KingPinhad..: like chaos?

[20:51:00] LeemuTaos: yeah!

[20:51:16] KingPinhad..: Ta-os

K-os

[20:51:23] LeemuTaos: LOL

[20:51:29] LeemuTaos: yep that's it! ^_^

my name is simply supposed to be like something from the movie scarface.

Well, I wanted to show how great I am (And some of my ancestory is German), so Uber= Ultimate.

For some reason, just plain Uber didn't cut it. So I went with an Anglicized version of a French word (Once again, ancestory) and a word that was also used for a certain movie series I really liked.

Thus, Uber Saber was made.

Originally posted by leXX

le = French for 'the'

XX = Female chromosome

leXX = The Female

So that's why it's important to make sure you captilize the "XX".

:)

Don't know how many of these threads I've seen, but I believe I've posted in everyone of them :D

Reb Starblazer is a name I've used for a long time, in a lot of different incarnations. Originally, I just took my name, and reversed it to Trebor [last name which I'm not mentioning;)] and used that for a while.

Later, I took the name "Starblazer" from the Flash Gordon TV show. It was the name of his ship, and I just really liked the ring of it. So then it became Trebor Starblazer, which I used as my name anytime I needed to enter a name for a character in a game. Once Jedi Knight was released(yes, I've used it since before the original Jedi Knight) Trebor Starblazer was too long to fit, so it just became Treb Starblazer. I also used "Darth Malice" whenever I was a dark sider.

There used to be a Television show called Deepwater Black/Project Genesis a few years ago, and on it there was a character named "Reb". It struck me as how close the names Treb and Reb actually were. It almost seemed like a sign ^_^. So I decided to just drop the T, and go with Reb.

Then over a year ago when I joined LucasForums, it only seemed natural for me to sign up with Reb Starblazer, the name I used for everything else :D

I've even had a few people ask me which book it was that I took my name from, as they thought it was an actual Star Wars character. Guess it does sound rather Star Wars-esque huh? :cool:

Is kind of embarrasing...but...

You see, in primary school, I used to pretend I had this imaginary friend called funclown. I used to draw him a lot and stuff. Anyway, after time everyone in the entire grade including the teachers knew about funclown and in time just about everyone had started playing along.

BTW funclown says hi, he's sitting next to me now, but he's not a fast reader so I have to type slow.

Simply put. Gothic is the scene that I'm into and Sith are my favorite characters in the Star Wars universe. I was thinking about using my RPG character name but I decided at the last minute to use GothicSith instead. It just sounded more grand to me.

Archived