Home

Explain Your Name Here

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nymf = Swedish word for Nymph

Many sees it as the one with sexual bases, but I came across in school 5 or 6 years ago while readin about bugs, (Nymph = a bug under evolution or something if i remember right). And while thinking of a name to Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast the summer of 2003 I remembered it so I started to use it ^^

Mine is because I am only divisible by myself and 1.

I always thought it was because you like optimus prime

oh new name new explanation

I decided to make the name change because I was tired of the old one and I liked revan but it was taken so I choose Revan the great since I don't like the dark side so I choose revan the great

originally it was i like commas, i don't really know why i thought that would be a good name back then. i actually think its pretty stupid now. i think it just had to do with the fact that on forums i have the bad habit of writing long ass run on sentences with tons of commas in them. i also think it has to do with the fact that i was trying to register, and i can NEVER think of good names, and the few that i did think up were taken so i was like "fine, screw it" and just went with i like commas. then i stopped posting for about a year until K2 came out. i came back and found my account still existed, but still hated the name. i didn't find the name change thread for a really long time, not until after i had already released four tsl mods. I wanted to make sure people still knew that i made those, so when i did find i could change my name i just shortened my name to Commas, so there would be less confusion about the mods i had already released under the old name, and future mods i would release under the new name. So there you have it, the whole stupid, stupid story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
to get my name i did one of those "what would you star wars character name be?" websites.

so i entered the stuff and got this name.. it's sorta sounds jedi ish.. its good enough got me :)

Mine is from the film point break with keanu reeves one of the evil surfers is called warchild and it kinda stuck.I also did one of those starwars name websites it said my name is leepa elbri.Not bad

mines really simple... im really good at halo and halo2 (im not just saying that add me to xbox live if you want proof :) it too is masterchief2491) and 2491 is actually my birthday... 24th july 1991... therefore 2491

i noe its not really original but at least its never taken on any sites and i can always remember the numbers cuz its my birthday

New name. :o Just another way to spell Rex, really. I saw this name spelling from the upcoming FFXII game, and I liked it. I liked it so much that it just happens to be the first name of my main character in Guild Wars. :)

And I hope this name change will signal my return to the forums too. :wavey:

• 2 weeks later...

All right, this is it:

In some online game, i don't know what, i, for some reason, (Dude, i seem to like commas!) picked the name "Kniven" (Swedish for "The Knife") Then i went on, translated it to english, made it one word, registered to lucasforums and so on.

Then i noticed there was this band in sweden called "The Knife", so i changed it to Piece of Metal, because a knife is a piece of metal.

Then i got tired of it because it was so long, it sounded weird, and so on.

So i shortened it to PoM!

And now it's me.

Honestly, I was amazed that mine was not used already. It's a direct quote from Yoda!!! "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."(and pinches Luke's shoulder)

I use it as an indication of my less-than-idealized state, in much the same way that a certain black-belt title translates to "baby who knows nothing". But it also has meaning in my quick and dirty method of pure KT modmaking(so far). I'm sure the better modders can see the sloppy, brute-force, method to my madness. So, in deference to them it is "Luminous beings are thee, not this CrudeMatter."

mine doesn't have neat USDA connotations like Prime. = (

Archived