Home

Explain Your Name Here

Originally posted by Jedi Apprentice

That makes sense pad. I thought maybe you were just a big fan of anime. :p

no way, i actually really dont like anime .whenever i see a show like pokemon or dragon ball on the tele i change the channel as fast as possible

*doesnt hate anime lovers byw*;)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gone anime crazy in the last few months...

*Points to sig and av*

There's nothing wrong with us:plol

Darklighter - As in Biggs Darklighter, Luke's best friend from Tatooine in A New Hope. I was trying to think of a name real fast to register, and it just popped into my head. I'm surprised it wasn't already taken, as this is a Star Wars forum ^^ Most people just call me Darky for short though:D

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by KaBuTaR

lol - i dunno - kabutar is actually hindi for pigeon... and there was a song we used to play (still do actually) called 'dil kabutar khana hai' which actually means 'the heart is a pigeon coop' - dunno, after that it kinda stuck :p

What a strange explanation. :p

I am still kind've lost about the whole thing. :D

ok, let me try that again lol... this is what happens in the aftermath of a chem exam involving Maxwell's Relations... :p

okie... there was a hindi song titled 'dil kabutar khana hai' - this title, translated, means 'the heart is a pigeon coop'.

now while the title may sound rather weird, we used to blast this really loud... especially me, coz i really liked the tune... and hence i was nicknamed the kabutar... :p

make sense now? ;)

After mobilizing out of LF and into another forum that can use my spam, there's a new name here? :eek:

Welcome aboard Hindi Pigeon ;)

Anyways, once I get the points.... Imperial Sardaukar shall be declared a misnomer and The Silent One shall take it's place. I think the name is kind of self explanitory and implies more toward life. I was trying to sneak back to a forum I said I would never return to and tried to come up with a new name. I just thought for a while and came up with this. It's true afterall. I hardly, if ever, speak a word in life at all...... It may be hard to believe, but it's certainly more true to me.

I got my name from a play Aristophanes (ancient Greek playwright). There was a character by the name of Philocleon, I liked the character, and I decided to use that as my name. Some people may have different names for the various places on the net they go, but not me. Wherever I go, my name is always the same.

Oh, and Kab, your name means pigeon. Interesting name. Just don't poop on our windshields when flying over, ok? :p

Why StormHammer?

Hmmm...well, I wanted something that could relate to Star Wars (along the lines of Skywalker), and with a more fantasy type theme, because I'm also into fantasy style games like Heretic II and RUNE. So I sort of thought of a Stormtrooper weilding a very large warhammer... Storm....Hammer. ;)

It was not until a while later I learned there was a heavy metal band with the name Stormhammer... :p

I've also decided to use the name Blackbow sometimes when I play online...sort of the dark side of my nature. :D Simply derived from Black Bowen.

Although I honestly ponder wether anyone cares, I guess I might as well share my anecdote concerning my name...

When I was very young(think 3-5 years old), I had three letters hanging above the doorframe leading to my room. They said R-U-B, the first three letters of my name. On a birthday, someone(and we're still not sure wether it was my brother or a nephew), someone decided to swap the R and the B, creating B-U-R. At that point, my two bigger brothers decided to call me Bur.

Quite frankly, I hated the name with a passion. I don't know why, but I didn't want to be called Bur, I despised it. To make things worse(for me, that is :p), they added -rie afterwards, and thus Burrie was created. (you pretty much pronounce it as burry)

Zip ahead a few years... During the holidays, I was often allowed to spend one day at my dad's work. This one time, it was very special, because I was allowed to use the Internet, and browse the web ALL DAY(bear with me, that was very special in those days). T'was the second that I was browsing on the web in my life, I think. Anyways, I stumbled upon the 3D Realms site... silly thing was, I needed a nickname to enter the site. After a few moments of thought, I wisely decided to use the name Burrie... since then, I've adopted the name.

That must've been about, oh, 5-6 years ago. I started out as Burrie on the Internet, and if it were up to me, I'll stay on the Internet as Burrie.

Originally posted by Philocleon

Oh, and Kab, your name means pigeon. Interesting name. Just don't poop on our windshields when flying over, ok? :p

hehe, yep it does mean pigeon... ;) will watch the windshields and try not to fly into power lines :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived