Home

Explain Your Name Here

Originally posted by leXX

le = French for 'the'

XX = Female chromosome

leXX = The Female

Actually, according to that logic, "le" is the male definite article in French. Therefore, if you mean to say "the female" it would have to be "laXX." But, I did a little bit of research (to satisfy my curiosity if nothing else) and found out that the letter "X" does indeed carry a masculine connotation in French so it's safe to use the article "le" if you're referencing to that letter.

I know, I'm weird.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Actually, according to that logic, "le" is the male definite article in French. Therefore, if you mean to say "the female" it would have to be "laXX." But, I did a little bit of research (to satisfy my curiosity if nothing else) and found out that the letter "X" does indeed carry a masculine connotation in French so it's safe to use the article "le" if you're referencing to that letter.

I know, I'm weird.

The nerdi-ness(a word?) of forum members never ceases to amaze me. Usually we're really picky about SW facts. :p:)

OT-I named myself after the greatest person I could think of-myself. :)

Well Nine, you are not the first to point that out. There was a big argument about it some time ago, but the wonderful Redwing came to my rescue by pointing out that the article 'chromosome' is indeed masculine. ;)

Originally posted by Lord Glorfindel

This thread should become a sticky for new members to explain there names.

LeXX is a cool name no matter what it means, coolness overweighs definition, in my opinion

Stuck, it is.

Yes, leXX is a very cool name.

Originally posted by Dharkbayne

you are a sad... sad... man

Ahem, ahem..

This coming from the person who stole someone else's name and just added two letters. :D

As always, I'm just joking. :p

I just thought of another reason why I got this name that I had forgotten....

While I was signing up I was reading the Jedi Apprentice series of books...

Makes since, doesn't it? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I registered at this forum just after playing some of the Leia campaign. I really liked the name, Echuu Shen-Jon, so I used that. My first name was {MGS}Echuu, made from the initials of my (abandoned) JO clan, because both Echuu and Echuu Shen-Jon was occupied. I made a name change to Echuu Shen-Jon, and that was fine. Now I've made a Jedi name, Ghent-Krath, and want to change to that, but I want a sig pic first.

I have modeled my guitar playing after John Petrucci and own many of his CDs and love his work with Dream Theater. He is, at least in my opinion one of the top 5 guitarists out there at the moment. He shows that hard work and practice can truely make you a teriffic guitar player or just help you as a musician in general. I also think the name has a cool ring to it.

Starscream is my favorite decepticon in the Transformers anime(the good 80's one)

the 423 comes from my birthdate, April 23rd(4/23)

This name is relatively new to me, ever since my 14.4 internet days many years ago until about the beginning of this year, I went under the alias ThE_BeeR_BaRoN, from the Simpsons, it was only recently that I changed my alias to StarScream; however that was taken so I added the 423(explained above).

I have had the email address the_beer_baron@iamwasted.com for about 4 years now, so at first it was hard to switch alias' :(

:wan:

"I have a bad feeling about this."

My Name was created when I was doing a report of George Lucas for school. When I red about His first film, THX 1138, I realized that it fit perfectly with my favorite Jedi, Obi-Wan. Since then I've been using it for many things.:

duel:

Hi all

Well since i am new to the froums, i might as well start my first post explaining my name.

well it is hard to explain but the name is related to the group of people who migrated to Yathrib. since i am related to it in, i thought i would use it as my name.

Archived