Darkside, or the Lightside?

Hekx

Darkside, or the Lightside?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Darkside, or the Lightside?

• The Light!
    • ...Dark...
    • Unsure, at the moment.

I hope they don't have MP only forces, except maybe team heal and team energize... Force absorb could be handy in SP, against dark jedi :)

I think I'm going to play as a darksider first, then as a lightsider, and then as a überguy (uses both dark and light forces), and then I'm going to play with cheats, as the überüberjedi :D

Light side for me. I don't pretty much like the dark side. The only good thing about the dark side is the Force Grip attack;) Look at the light side powers. Heal is damn useful. So is mind trick. Maybe they'll add the good protection and absorb. I'm more of the defensive player so the light side for me. Offensive players should take the dark side.

(also, remember that, when asked "what happens if you mixed force powers together?" the devs replied saying that they can't talk about that yet -- maybe we'll get 3 endings? possibly?)

I guess you'll get JO Kyle as your master...

what would be neat if instead of having 1 "turning point" you could have several chances to change sides. For example if you go to the darkside a boss you fight could be Kyle. He could attempt to tempt you back to the light. If you go light some dark jedi might try to turn you to the dark side.

I imagined that the choocie to the Light or the Dark would start to be decided as early as building the lightsaber, like you make a double bladed lightsaber you have a higher chance of turning Dark since it's originally a Sith weapon:smilsab. But more to the point, Light for me.

God I hope they stick Boba Fett in this game.

Remember he survived the Sarlacc. Or it didn't survive him.

Well, the only thing I hope DOESN'T happen is some kind of hokey ending where i'm using dark side powers, but i'm not on the dark side.

That's what really ticked me off about JO. Kyle Katarn, a good guy, blasting everyone to bits with a power that has been associated with pure hatred and dark side discipline, is still... the good guy.

I despise ANY story based on the Star Wars universe that says that dark jedi all turn back. "my character is gonna turn back". Even Anakin Skywalker doesn't really 'turn back' until he's spent the next 30 odd years of his life crushing the galaxy under his grip, then crushing and nearly killing his son, and then finally deciding that the emperor ticks him off. If the Emperor hadn't tortured Luke, what do you think would have happened? The mere suggestion that the dark side is just a 'state of mind' or something that can be controlled, is ridiculous, and it makes the whole Star Wars myth seem dull. I guess Yoda, 800+ years of experience, was just another dumb Jedi, who didn't know ANYTHING about the dark side. Of course everyone can be wishy washy. That's why I didn't even bother with the JO single player... it was just plain silly to me. I know I could have refrained from using dark powers, but I just didn't care.

So, after my long rant, let me just say that I will play the dark side. When I played JK, i didn't stray because I thought the dark powers were kind of useless for the kind of combat i wanted. I mean, do I really need super powers to take out one measley trooper? Especially when I can block all of their shots and rip their guns away. Not worth the time, might as well run past them. But now, the light side bores me, so I'm going to go dark side, so long as JA doesn't give me some fanfiction junk that says I'm a good guy who learned how to harness the dark side without going nuts. Hogwash I say!!!:mad:

I'm extremely tempted to call you a moron SHAFT but I won't since the moderators have their eyes on me.

Anyhow, how can you say yoda is another dumb jedi. I do not understand your words. Lucas has crafted the story in such a way to parallel real life. Of course the dark side is a state of mind. It is a state attained when you loose discipline, loose control. Anakin's mom was murdered, this is a prime example of a catalyst that can spark this loss of control, and pleasure in the pain of others, this cross to the dark side.

Shaft you have no idea what you are talking about.

Wow, Smood, I'm shocked.

Firstly, the Yoda comment was sarcasm. I was saying that if the dark side was simply a "state of mind", and force lightning etc. is just something we all need to learn how to control and be peaceful with, then Yoda must be an idiot. That would mean that every comment he ever made regarding the dark side was false. That means the dark side isn't so dangerous if you're able to kill everyone with it and maintain your peaceful nature.

Secondly, there's no way that the Dark side, according to Lucas' vision, is simply a "state of mind", something that's just made up to identify crazy people. It goes much farther than that, much deeper than that. Otherwise, Darth Vader is just a robotic crybaby, and if he had a good pyschiatrist, none of this would happen. Perhaps I wasn't too clear on what I meant by state of mind. How about I just say that recently, the novels and such have simply portrayed the dark side as some kind of emotional temper tantrum that we can all just 'get over'. Of course, the movies demonstrate anything but this idea. Hence my comment about Yoda; if the dark side is really just some kind of fad that the characters can easily relinquish themselves from, then any words of warning from Yoda are really shallow. This is also why I did not appreciate Jedi Outcast. It was so filled to the brim with Expanded Universe ideas it made me sick. It was dark side as tool. Jedi Knight had it right. Once Kyle turned, that was it. He couldn't go back. He was controlled by his emotions. But then we get some hogwash where we can all control powers that require hatred. Hogwash. I don't see where Star Wars ever suggest that.

Originally posted by Squater

Light. I dont need no stinking grip, lightning, ugly tattoed face :D (a bit of sarcasm there). A Lightsaber is all I demand.

i agree thats what being a true jedis all about. in the words of count ducu himself "the only way to settle this is with our skills witha a lightsaber"

Archived