Home

WIP: U.S.S Enterprise

Business_Eskimo

A couple of things: you should make it more crowded, that is, put more stuff in, or make the room smaller. Space crafts don't have too much extra space. And use a lot more curves. To be honest, I don't think that your bridge is yet 50% finished.

Originally posted by lassev

A couple of things: you should make it more crowded, that is, put more stuff in, or make the room smaller. Space crafts don't have too much extra space. And use a lot more curves. To be honest, I don't think that your bridge is yet 50% finished.

I agree. I'm not a Star Trek fan, but I've seen the bridge in one or two of their movies and I don't remember any corners. I think that whole room is curved and round-like, not square.

You definately need to tighten up that bridge. I'm an avid star trek fan and can tell you that your work definately has potential. Tighten up the bridge, and raise the back control station (bench like area) up, and integrate it into a long curve that wraps around the captain's chair.

(snipped)

(see below)

Smood: thanks for sharing your opinion.

Now take your time and have a look on the job Eldritch did with the Hogwarts map. Do you like HP or not that map is a very good one. So please... this is a mapping forum, make comments on maps only. Mostly. :D

(Why do you Aru have to change your name time to time? I was close to get to know it... :D)

Originally posted by Smood

(Snipped inappropriate content)

THat was totally inappropriate. I have heard some people say the same things about Star Wars. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. Do not degrade them (or homosexuals, for that matter).

*Does little voodoo dance to call in the Gods of Forum Moderation*

Harry potter is homosexual. Terrible book, movie, iam disguested with the fact that it is compared to LOTR in its fantasy quality. HARRY POTTER IS PATHETIC! I'd rather watch the mysterious wizard adventures of barney. Wands are for little girls that.. ok fine so they have the right intrument for potter but still...

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion... but what's curious to me is that you've read the terrible book(s?) and watched the terrible movie. Very strange for someone who obviously does not like Harry Potter.

And if you haven't read the books, or watched the movie... you have no idea what you're talking about, and your opinion is uneducated and discriminitory. Either way, I've reported the post.

Sorry Leslie, but this will be the last name change. So just remember this one.

And like Leslie said - try and keep the comments in here mapping related.

All right. Thanks for your input (except for the bit on Harry Potter, lol) I will be sure to make it tighten it up and add some curves. The reason why i haven't had too many curves are

1. I'm really bad at curves

and

2. Framerate

but, I guess I'll just try my best at 'em.

Originally posted by Business_Eskimo

All right. Thanks for your input (except for the bit on Harry Potter, lol) I will be sure to make it tighten it up and add some curves. The reason why i haven't had too many curves are

and

2. Framerate

but, I guess I'll just try my best at 'em.

:eyeraise: Curves really aren't much of a strain on framerate... the way you've designed your map is much more important. A well built map will have good framerate, even if it uses curves almost exclusively (look at Wedge's Tal Erulanei map if you want proof). Just give it your best shot.

Originally posted by Toonces

hehe, I'm having trouble keeping up as well ;)

Bah, this is the permanent one. :D

Originally posted by Eldritch

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion... but what's curious to me is that you've read the terrible book(s?) and watched the terrible movie. Very strange for someone who obviously does not like Harry Potter.

And if you haven't read the books, or watched the movie... you have no idea what you're talking about, and your opinion is uneducated and discriminitory. Either way, I've reported the post.

Sorry Leslie, but this will be the last name change. So just remember this one.

And like Leslie said - try and keep the comments in here mapping related.

I like your new name, it has some sort of edgy feeling to it. and i like your new attachment for the post , I think thats what it is, anyway thanks for helping me out. I really appreciated it.:D

The more you use them, the better you'll be, trust me. If you don't use them, you'll never learn, and the looser is your map, unfortunately. And they ain't hard to use, either.

Bah, this is the permanent one.

Until the next change, you mean.

Originally posted by lassev

The more you use them, the better you'll be, trust me. If you don't use them, you'll never learn, and the looser is your map, unfortunately. And they ain't hard to use, either.

He's absolutely right on this point.

Until the next change, you mean.

But ignore this point. :p

Originally posted by Business_Eskimo

Oh, a quick question. Does anyone have a clue where I would send an email requesting if I can use some of the textures from Voyager: Elite Force. (Or whatever the Star Trek game is called based on the quake engine :p) Some of those textures would be absolutely PERFECT in my map.

Just use it don't worry man :).

Secondly, about HARRY POTTER. ROFLOL.

I have read the book (mistake), and the movie (bigger mistake), when I read the book I didn't know what it was so I read it. After I was done I spit on it. (NOTHING INAPPROPRIATE SO FAR TOONCES). Then I said, ok lets see what they do with the movie, that was a mistake, and I often refer to myself as... whoops thats too far.. anyhow movie was terrible.

HARRY POTTER = .... ha ha toonces, nothing bad. Relax btw. I need to get back to work at jk2! :)

I remember when I was on the team and TOONCES just came on. :)

Just use it don't worry man :).

(DELETED HARRY POTTER ARGUMENT) ;)

Well, I would PREFER the stuff in my map to be at least mostly legal...

But then again, no one would probably care. I mean, look at all the maps that have stuff that they didn't get the owners permission from. Like the Jedi Council map with the ep. 2 soundtrack.

Archived