Home

Rancor problem-any answers?

Toa Tahu

For the Rancor problem posed by some of the Raven officials and proved by the screenshot showing the Rancor,any answers you guys can provide for that quest?

"For that quest,players are required to rescue the prisoners from the Rancor pit but prevent the Rancor to eat them whole."

I know this might sound easy,kill the Rancor.But what if,by killing the Rancor,you fall to the dark side?

Hehe,this is the question I pose.Any possible answers?

Maybe you CAN'T KILL THE RANCOR? Ever thought of that? (Not to put you down or insult you or anything like that, I'm just saying...)

And having a rancor or rancors (or is it... ran... ranci?) in multiplayer just wouldn't work. It's too big, it would require quite large maps and it would need to be animated - too much polygons, too much animation, too much lag.

You would do fighting to defend another sentient.

Whilst the Rancors, as elaborated upon in The Courtship of Princess Leia, are also sentient, it is out to purposefully harm another sentient. If you do nothing, then it will kill the princess, and then go afetr you and the others thrown in to the ring.

Therefore, Jedi Code dictates that if you cannot talk the Rancor round, it must, an I quote here exactly:

Quoted from Master Mace Windu:

...feast upon a steaming hot bowl of Force spiced, saber laced bowl of whoop ass

So no - no dark side tainting from the act.

eh? if you kill something thats trying to kill you, you dont fall to the dark side...thats silly....

anyways for a quest like this, my guess is that you simply have to get by it, or trap it somehow, rather than kill it...or its possible that you'd kill it similar to the way luke did, centainly not using your saber

Posted by nova_wolf

Back to topic - perhaps the one-on-one maps could include a couple of HUGE open air ones, so that you could have Rancor jousting....

:eek:

Bwahahahaha!!! :lol:

That would be awesome! :D

I can imagine it now... A Jedi Knight atop his trusty Rancor steed, charging full-pelt toward a likewise mounted Sith, sabres levelled :D

That would be too hilarious :D ...I really hope someone mods it :D

...Wait a minute.Did Luke kill a Rancor?When did he do that?Please tell me.

ANyway,I hope we are able to be given an option to kill the rancor,and not fall to the dark side as I hoped because by doing so we are defending other creatures,not provoking violence.By doing so,I believe we don't get tainted.Thanks.

Originally posted by Toa Tahu

...Wait a minute.Did Luke kill a Rancor?When did he do that?Please tell me.

ANyway,I hope we are able to be given an option to kill the rancor,and not fall to the dark side as I hoped because by doing so we are defending other creatures,not provoking violence.By doing so,I believe we don't get tainted.Thanks.

So "throwing a rock at a control panel making a gate (in lack of a better word) go down on the rancor killing it" aint clasified killing???? Or you just forgot about when Luke killed the rancor in RotJ or.......?

You'll probably get help from the prisoners in the Rancor Pit.

I doubt it'll be a 10 second hardest level ever affair. :p

It'll probably be a big pit anyway. So you'll have to explore to find them, while running and being attacked by the big Rancor.

Also stocking up on stones and sticks to attack with. ;)

it would be nice if they made it a section where there were several options to "kill" it.

You could do it with your saber... but it should be hard, with only one or two vunerable points so you have to time and aim your attacks correctly.

But you should also be able to use force powers and the environment to kill it... pull crates away to reveal lever... force pull it to open grate... force jump to platform... force push another lever to open door... trick rancor into right place... saber throw to slice cable and drop giant rock onto it. (or something like that).

It would also be cool if there was a way to make it drop you, or whoever it had picked up (force throw something at it's head maybe) so it would be a constant battle to do what you need to kill it and also keep making it drop people. :D

I don't want more "too much civilians/prisoners,etc" have died, YOU LOSE. that wasn't fair, I want to be able to step on it without beeing harmed, mabey jump on his back and as I said before on another thread... Stab my saber on the back of his head, right thought the spine and kill him instantly, quick and painless for the Rancor, oviously(?) jump on him must be the hardest, dificult, impossible movement in the game, that requieres a lot of skill and accuracy.

Kill the supreme predator of the Galaxy to avoid beeing eated is not a step to fall at the Dark Side.

This is out of a Pc Gamer Magazine i bought yesterday with mention to this level so here i go:-

in this level called "rancor" you have 3 objectives and you have to switch between each one every so often the first in any order is to protect the civvies and make an escape route for them the final one is to hold off the rancor with saber and force powers

I don't know if it's me or what,but if that one was teh Rancor,then it'd be 1.5 times smaller than what the screenshots depicted.

Anyway,I wouldn't say Luke directly killed it,but he did it IN SELF DEFENSE.But anyway thanks for the constructive posts.

I'm sure we can hold off the rancor with our saber and our force powers,without hurting the civvies and without tainting ourselves.Could we?

• 2 years later...

Archived