Home

Sabers

wedge2211

Does anyone know how saber stances will work in JA? Will we have the same 3 stances as in JK2, or will there be more to choose from? I think the best option would be to have many stances available, some stronger in offense, antisaber defense, antigun defense, etc, but only allow players to choose 3 to use in-game as part of their character customization. This way, each Jedi would have several fighting stances available to them for different situations, but they would have a distinct 'overall' fighting style defined by the 3 stances they chose.

The stances should be kept from JO. They were pretty good, and will serve a single saberist's purposes. The staff stance should be made more acrobatic, the moves really flowing, the spear moving much more than a single blade. I'm not sure about the 2 seperate sabers though, as Raven will be up for a challenge working that system out.

the stances were a good idea that pretty much sucked in practice... so i'd be happy if they took them out.

but i know it aint going to happen. :(

An Oni style progression where you learnt special moves every so often worked a lot better...

I think it's good they keep the old stances, BUT I really hope they tweaked them like hell. It's really annoying that you need 8 hits in the back with yellow before the guy dies, while with red, you need one or two. The damage variations from stance to stance is too big IMO, you get in twice or more the amount of hits with yellow in a duel than with red, and still, you often lose, since those few hits is 3 times as strong as your hits.

And I seriously hope they made something with the red dfa, maybe even removing it, tho in ep2 a Jedi does that kinda jump on a battledroid. It just disgusts me to see everyone dfa spamming at random all over the place

Can we please have a sensible method for resolving saber locks? It literally killed my mouse having to click like mad to win them. The button was never as good again and eventually i had to buy a new one.

I thought the "tap like mad" gameplay mechanic went out with those 2d side scrolling Daly Thompson's decathlon games on the

amiga.

How about a Tony Hawk Grind/Golf Game style meter that comes up in the middle of the screen and you have to click as near as possible to a mark without going over. Nearest person wins. Easy, more skill related and it might just save your mouse.

Either that or include a free JKA Mouse with the game :D

Will lightsaber sounds in Jedi Academy be OT sounds or PT sounds? I would think with the lightstaff it would be PT sounds since the only instance of seeing and hearing a lightstaff in the movies was in TPM and the lightstaff had a distinctive sound when Maul would swing it.

I would definately recommend checking out my saber sounds pack, for what sounds might potentially sound like, and just to use in your jk2 game.

They feature ep1, and ep2 sounds (contempory), as well as a powerful amplified hum, and a DOOKU saber ignition sound.

ULTRASABERSOUND

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=866

IMO best sound pack to date, although I might be a bit biased. :)

Ok, I've taken three seperate small threads that talked about lightsabers and merged them into one......there are just too many here, so I'm trying to reduce clutter for all of you. Please continue the discussion. :)

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

Ok, I've taken three seperate small threads that talked about lightsabers and merged them into one......there are just too many here, so I'm trying to reduce clutter for all of you. Please continue the discussion. :)

I was wondering where all this other stuff came from...

Archived