Do you want to drive a tank or a mech??? :confused:  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to drive a tank or a mech??? :confused:

• Tank
    • Mech
    • Dunno :confused:
    • both of them STINK!!!!!

Guest Gamma732

Tanks and Mechs. The aim of both is to be a sort of portable artillery. I'd go for mechs. For the most part, mechs do the same job as tanks, but with the added psychological fear they can inspire in an opponent. What is more intimidating, a fleet of tanks rolling towards your base, or a horde of walking mechs coming at you?

Well in actuallity a tank is probably the best choice.

It can treverse all different types of terrain, exept snow...

And it has a lower profile so it can't be hit as easily or seen as easily...

Mechs have trouble on water, certain tanks can float, have trouble on Mud, and on rocks.

What is more intimidating, a fleet of tanks rolling towards your base, or a horde of walking mechs coming at you?

Okay if I had a bunch of tanks that could blast your mechs to ablivion then I wouldn't be intimidated I would be Laughing VERY VERY HARD.

Originally posted by darthfergie

Well in actuallity a tank is probably the best choice.

It can treverse all different types of terrain, exept snow...

And it has a lower profile so it can't be hit as easily or seen as easily...

Mechs have trouble on water, certain tanks can float, have trouble on Mud, and on rocks.

Okay if I had a bunch of tanks that could blast your mechs to ablivion then I wouldn't be intimidated I would be Laughing VERY VERY HARD.

I have played the Mechwarrior games and mechs DON'T have trouble on mud,snow or rocks. They are even waterproof! (At least in MechWarrior 3) In MechWarrior 4, they can climb steep slopes. Mechs can run over and | |__| |

| |__| |

/______\

CRUSH tanks!

:D

Why not fly as well? A Rouge from Mekton II could cloak, float silently over to its target on anti-gravity generators, and blow the @#$% outs whatever it chose to with a cannon the unit holds 2 handed, and over the shoulder. Also, the energy force field it produces can stop all but the most powerful of attacks, and it has MBT level armor to stop whatever gets through the field.

Go ahead, bring on your Battlemechs. I promise only to shoot you in the head.:D

Originally posted by jesseg88

I have played the Mechwarrior games and mechs DON'T have trouble on mud,snow or rocks. They are even waterproof! (At least in MechWarrior 3) In MechWarrior 4, they can climb steep slopes. Mechs can run over and | |__| |

| |__| |

/______\

CRUSH tanks!

:D

On MechWarrior 4 that is the key words there.

Mechs are the big thing there and tanks stink...That is only because the game doesn't focus on tanks. The tanks are small and yet they can probably be adapted to hold Long Toms and upgrade the armor to the Mechs type. Plus it will be smaller than a Mech so there less armor to buy and you have a lower profile to the ground so you aren't spotted very easily. Tanks have a deffinate advantage over the MechWarrior 4 mechs. That by the way is only a game. If a Mech has to cross a rocky place it will be very tough...If a mech gets in water it might sink to where it can not move (unlike Mech. 4 that had an unnaturally hard bottom to the water)...I play the Mech Warrior games all the time too, but just consider the tactical not simulator logic behind the Mechs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived