Home

Attention all Warez-Hoarders

Schmatz

Note to idiots: LEC Games are NOT Abandonware. Lookin for a game to download because "You can't find it anywhere"? Well, my answer: LOOK HARDER. If you really want the game that badly, you can buy it off of eBay from different countries.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

No, you can download it, as long as you have proof of ownership if whatever company comes a 'knockin. You can legally download songs if you own them as well, just like with game roms on the internet. If you own the cartridge, you can download and keep the rom.

You can make backups of your discs you own, yourself. I think though, in England maybe, they just passed a law stating you can only make one backup of your disc, which is retarded, but no one really makes more than one backup unless they had ideas of distributing anyways. Just them putting it down in law seems a bit odd to me, but whatever.

• 1 year later...

Well im no warez-hoarder, as i pretty much got all the LA adventure games as they came out, however, i happen to live all the way down in little Adelaide South Australia, and i can tell you right now it is next to impossible to find anything down here anymore. If Lucasarts doesnt want people downloading their games they should make them more available instead of tossing aside loyal fans.

I have to agree with Manny C on this one, I once found some kind of 3 pack lucas arts adventure games, there was DOTT, The Dig and Sam & Max, and the whole thing costed a month's rent and "Lucas Arts Adventure Games" aren't worth that much money + I allready owned DOTT and Sam & Max.

Oh, and this other time I found Grim Fandango and it costed about half the 3 pack was, and just to give you a idea of what I've been momblin' around for 5 minutes, that 3 pack costed exactly as much as Escape From Monkey Island when it was released.

Lucas Arts Adventure Games aren't worth THAT much, no matter how fanatic you are.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

NOTE to Schmatz: Now this reall make me angry. I am sick and tired of endlessly searching on ebay for games (not just LA), that may be more than a couple of years old. Why can't I just purchase and download these games leagally from the the pulisher or distributor?? They clearly don't want to sell them anymore right? That IS abandonware in my books.

I shouldn't have to "try harder". I have no desire to be a pirate and am more than happy to pay a fair price for a game I desperately want but.....I'm sorry, but until these games are as easily obtainable legally as they are illegally then I'm taking the easy way.

I'm not bragging mate, I thing it's deplorable that I have to resort to this. This is a ligitimate concern that's been p*ss'n me off for ages. I even contacted one publisher recently (no names) asking them where or how I could purchase one of their games and to my SHOCK their reply was the same..."try ebay"!!!...WHAT??....why the hell don't you just sell it to me??

• 1 year later...

Archived