Home

Vergere

SE_Vader_536

Who is she? yeah i could read all the books and figure it out myself but i dont wanna waste my time. I've seen her first in star by star and was puzzled by her. Yet later when i read cloak of deception she is also there. I am very confused as to who she is and some background would help me also.

she is a female fosh an was apprenticed to thracia cho leem. uh she was sent to the world of zonama sekot to try to buy a ship there. the "far outsiders" a.k.a the yuuzhan vong, attacked zonama an vergere left with them so the vong wouldnt kill the planet. shes kinda like a bird.... das all i know... o an shes a member of the old jedi order an died, flying an a-wing into a false base where many yuuzhan vong were, an saved jacen solo. she even saved his life. she warned him to enclose some air around him as the vacuum of space will enter the base.

Originally posted by SE_Vader_536

why not she was heroic and in turn happened to included sacrificing herself for the better.

That wasn't what Vergere valued though. Self sacrifice was insane by her morals. It just didn't seem in character at ALL.

my theory on it is that the writer (dunno who it was at the moment) couldn't continue developing Vergere like she needed to be. He basically said...well she doesn't fit into my plan very well and I do a horrible job writing stuff for her...why don't I just kill of this character since she is so hard for me to work with.

Vergere wasn't pulled off well at all in that book simply because the author didn't have the time or the talent to incorporate the needed character development...so what came out was just a half hearted version of the Vergere that came out during Traitor.

All in all I think Vergere had ALOT more potential, but I think that the writers just didnt want to use it to further their plot and just killed her off.

i too think that Vergere could have been more of a character. it would have been really cool if she had been like the one think that helped the Jedi overthrow the vong. like she would kill shimraa or something...know what i mean?

Originally posted by Masterjo2588

i too think that Vergere could have been more of a character. it would have been really cool if she had been like the one think that helped the Jedi overthrow the vong. like she would kill shimraa or something...know what i mean?

An Old Republic Jedi Knight kill the ruler of the Yuzhann Vong? No...too easy. I wish she could have stayed longer and provided more info and experience to Luke and the new Jedi, and teach them some of the old ways and traditions of the old Jedi. :(

i never said too easy, it would be an explosive duel, lightsaber and amphistaff..anyway, if she had tought the old ways then they would pretty much not be allowed to marry. and luke already knows a huge amount from the Holocrons. she might have also been able to show them exactly where Zonama Sekot is. just like Pnut said, she is the most interesting character out of the star wars EU. and i actually like the way she thinks of the force. with no dark or light side, that all of that is you and not the force

Archived