Home

New Force Powers?

Himmler1

So alll this talk about the new sabers what about the new force powers does anyone know what the new ones are yet? or what kind of powers they think should be added. I say well most of the powers rock I say some just need to be adjusted but more powers more fun anyway :dsaber: and also the siths saber is gonna be the best :mauls:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Force Powers are combined:

Saber Throw your saber, it knocks into a wall you then Force Pull it back towards your hand.

The Dark Rage of the Darkside grows inside until it's unleashed powering the Force Lightning to emence damage.

:D

I have another idea, but I forgot it. :(

I think most of the Force Powers are staying the same. There will probably be Force Sight in SP aswell as others.

I want to see more Jedi-like ones. Increased reflexes, force-sight, and general low-level mind tricks.

Originally posted by SithLord13

:dsaber: and also the siths saber is gonna be the best :mauls: [/b]

I can't wait to see the game released only to see all these Darth Maul wannabes with balanced two-bladed lightsabers.

Just because you think the two bladed lightsaber is the shiznit does not mean that someone can take you out.

I do know they are foolishly progressing further, and further away from the movies with the addition of all these crazy jedi abilities (COMBINING POWERS, urgh).

And conversely their STAR WARS revenues decline :). I see a correlation do you?

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

I can't wait to see the game released only to see all these Darth Maul wannabes with balanced two-bladed lightsabers.

Just because you think the two bladed lightsaber is the shiznit does not mean that someone can take you out.

I sense fear in you :holosid:

I know there are going to be over 50 force powers for Kotor....some for dark jedi's only and some for light jedi's only. There are also ones that both can use - but I really don't know what they will do for JA.

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

Agreed, I'll probably use it from time to time as well, but it's hilarious and ridiculous to see 16 people on a server with double bladed sabers, it'll probably be double bladed sabers in JA like red stance in JO.......... about 90% of the population will use it, that's why I'm going with dual sabers or single bladed sabers

i'd like a decent JK style force throw... maybe where you targeted a box and pressed the button, then targeted an enemy and released it... sending the box flying at them.

Smashing up crates would provide more ammo.

A decent force sight... allowing you to actually see people through walls (this has been in loads of games, so it can't be a hard technique graphically)

The ability to have an out of body experience like in MotS

Especially: a meditation ability (like qui-gon in ep1) where you kneel for a few seconds and it restores all your force powers.

(Saves all the attack, wait to recharge, attack, wait to recharge gameplay). But you can't defend yourself while kneeling, and if you are interupted you loose a load of force power.

If performed when already full it could supercharge you for a few seconds.

Rein-force Team effect for multiplayer where you can "chain" power into one player.

Originally posted by toms

i'd like a decent JK style force throw... maybe where you targeted a box and pressed the button, then targeted an enemy and released it... sending the box flying at them.

Smashing up crates would provide more ammo.

A decent force sight... allowing you to actually see people through walls (this has been in loads of games, so it can't be a hard technique graphically)

Especially: a meditation ability (like qui-gon in ep1) where you kneel for a few seconds and it restores all your force powers.

(Saves all the attack, wait to recharge, attack, wait to recharge gameplay). But you can't defend yourself while kneeling, and if you are interupted you loose a load of force power.

If performed when already full it could supercharge you for a few seconds.

Rein-force Team effect for multiplayer where you can "chain" power into one player.

Yes, some of those would be good...I still think, that mine is good too;)!

Originally posted by toms

Out of body exprience would be interesting but an x ray force sight is some thought, so say you walk into a bar you see all the weapons people are hiding under there coats, My thought could be a darkside power could also be the ability to shoot lasers out of your eyes is another thought you could use it to cut people in half, cut threw doors, and like cut statues or columns down to block paths like maybe in the rancor chase mission :D but its just a thought the more the force powers the better

If there's going to ba a Rancors "Chase" I don't want things to cut down in the paths or holes to hide, I want to stab my saber right in his spine... nothing of running like a little girl just cause you see a Rancor toward you...

new force... as much as possible, the farsight was cool, the seeings trought walls already works on MP so... who knows

about lightsabers, a single one (hopefully selected trought "gamma" silverish blue), and abussing blue and yellow stances unless they put better ones.

Originally posted by Smood

That is not force. That was simply because he has heavy gloves, the blaster cant penetrate it. Heck a little jab from luke with his saber only scratched vader's armor, but it was more glancing so....

... a normal person wouldn't have the hand-eye coordination required to stop a bolt... hence where the force comes in.

same heavy glove that was cut like butter on RotJ? I think was force protect at a high level, the saber only scratches is armor cause the chestplate is resistent and rigid.

saber may cut trought anything but another saber's blade, but some materials are more resistant to it (like qui-gon cutting the door on TPM). but a glove is a glove... or maybe is mech-arm...

Bring back old force powers:

Force Blinding

Force Far Sight

Force Deadly Sight

Force Projection (only if implemented waaaay better than in MOTS)

Force Destruction (only if made like in JK1 cut-scenes (see this movie -1.5MB) and not the flying-basketball-of-doom like in the actual JK1 game)

And make it so force push doesn't push blaster bolts and other energy based weapons, doesn't make any sense, force push should only push projectile weapons like rockets and repeater bullets.

New Force powers?

Well, as Elliot334 said, they could just bring back some from JK/MotS that were missing in JO.

Personally, I'd like to see some kind of object lifting ability - we see it quite extensively in ESB, and I think it's long overdue to be put in this series of games. Lifting heavy crates out of the way to reveal a hidden door - or shift them into place to block a door - would be a good thing to have, IMHO. Hell, you could even levitate a NPC under your protection to a higher vantage point and safety. So I'd love to see something like that implemented. A logical extension or power-up for such a Force ability is to be able to throw the objects you can pick up.

I also like the idea of a Jedi Sense...where you get a warning about something about to happen - possibly even a vision that lasts a few seconds, giving you an indication of where you need to go. This is a bit similar to one of the levels on the Spider-man game.

I was never a fan of Deadly Sight or Destruction, and Blinding was more of an annoyance than anything else in JK.

Archived