Home

"Bye Bye Sadam"

Commander Bond

"Bye Bye Sadam"

Those are the words written on a simple scrap of paper, held up by an Iraqi citizen in Baghdad today. If it were any other day, he would have been shot there and then.

However, today, as the American and British troops pour into Baghdad, the people of Iraq are cheering, happy, joyful. They even enlisted the help of heavy coalition technology and tore down a statue of Sadam Hussain, stamping on his metal head and throwing rocks at his face. Pictures of the Iraqi leader were burned in front of eager journalists, and people flocked in the thousands to display their hatred for their dictator. It would seem that this was the major victory which we were all waiting for.

But is this the end? Reports of Sadam Hussain's death have been flicked around several times, and rumours that his family have been captured and killed are rife. Unfortunately, none of these reports have been confirmed. So, if Sadam is still alive, where is he, and what is he planning?

Could he have left Baghdad, let the coalition move in, and set the largest trap in the history of Iraq? Is he going to destroy the city, now that it is filled with anti-Sadam citizens and the armed forces of his enemies? Or is he meerly hiding, awaiting transportation to a supportive country so that he can hide from the coalition and live to fight again? Has he given in completely, and done an "Adolf Hitler"?

Whatever is going to happen, today has been a major turning point in the War in Iraq. Remember today.

I've always meant that Saddam is better off gone, though the US has never had any right to go to war, and the goverment has shown themselves as totally unworthy a super power. But even though they are cheering now, the damages are great. I am not talking about human or material damage, but political damage. The way USA have acted in this matter has damaged their relationship with lots of European countries and the Middle Eastern countries. These damages will be hard to repair, and Bush is yet to show any interest in wanting to repair them.

Originally posted by Breton

I've always meant that Saddam is better off gone, though the US has never had any right to go to war, and the goverment has shown themselves as totally unworthy a super power. But even though they are cheering now, the damages are great. I am not talking about human or material damage, but political damage. The way USA have acted in this matter has damaged their relationship with lots of European countries and the Middle Eastern countries. These damages will be hard to repair, and Bush is yet to show any interest in wanting to repair them.

im just glad china isnt holding a grudge to one of the US representatives response to their vote against the war in which he called china's prime minister a "dirty chink" very disturbing this world is. :disaprove

The way USA have acted in this matter has damaged their relationship with lots of European countries and the Middle Eastern countries. These damages will be hard to repair, and Bush is yet to show any interest in wanting to repair them.

You mean a lot countries made themselves look stupid?

Originally posted by Breton

And since evidence of chemical weapons has turned up, Saddam is gone, the regime is gone and the Iraqis for the majority are happy, who looks stupid now?

The European countries are going to come to the US, Bush won't go and apoligize to them.

Outcast is right. Some *cough cough* :) European countries have questionable ties which Saddam that they would not like to have uncovered. Others are simply cowards or else just wanted to be a thorn in the side of America.

Regardless, most have turned out to be fools. And now that Iraq's military is history, and now that some no-nos of Saddams are being discovered those aformentioned European countries are trying to get included in the 'glory'.

In the end I don't think we'll see this horrible world opinion crisis that we would be led to believe (who cares anyways!). They'll be coming to *US* to get credit in this... you'll see :).

Originally posted by MydnightPsion

Well, in the larger sense, Bush is still an idiot and I don't think that the world is happy with him...even if he was right.

So? If Iraq works out perfectly, they'll still feel stupid and Bush won't be the one running to them. In fact, Chirac, since he had nothing better to say, said he was glad that the war was a success and congradulated the Amercians... :rolleyes:

Oh and traces of nerve gas have been found on warheads that were sealed... just happened today.

Archived