Home

Monkey Island - THE MOVIE!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dolly Wildstar

OK, what do you guys think about a Monkey Island Movie? I think it'd be great! Who would play who? How about Harrison Ford as Guybrush? Let me know...

HARRISON FORD?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yea right

Orlando Bloom would be ok

Now then, Dominic Armato... I suppose I'd have to see him to judge him... Oh well. I take it he isn't any older than 30? If he is I will be severely repulsed. :(. But his voice as Guybrush? Now THAT is good. Unless they make the whole film cartoony, kinda like Treasure Planet.... but I don't know. :D

OK OK... So maybe Harrison Ford's getting a little old. He's still deliciously attractive though don't you think...? Maybe Oliver Reid could play LeChuck... Or is that too sick? I do agrre that the audience should be able to interact and choose the dialogue. Julia Roberts as Elaine......? Or maybe Penelope Cruz?

i dunno about optional dialogue, the whole idea of a movies is you get to sit down and not be too active for a while, seems to me this would one, change the movie and it's ending so no one would se the correct ending, or two, just give optional dialogue for the same subject which may or may not be funnier. either way, you can't veiw it in a cinem that way beasue you wouldn't always get your choice which is what's god about the game. i like the idea of a movie, but not optional dialogue, that just isn't the movie i want.

do u think they should be based on the games or or a whole new script? seeing the games on the big screen would be good they could do the whole reason of why guybrush got washed up on mele island.

armed with just a goofy name and the urge to be a swashbuckling pirate.
but a whole new script would be good it could be based on guybrushs time at the carnival of the damned or some other bit we didnt actually c.

a whole new script would have to be appealing and understandable to those who don't know what monkey island is, or who haven't played it. it would have to be a completely new monkey island adventure not relying at all on the games (except for injokes, the kind of jokes that are funny, but even funnier to those that have played the game, something like 'you fight like a cow.') so it could work, but then again, people wouldn't have to worry about that if they remade secret and went on from there.

Originally posted by Mullog

I like the idea of a movie where you get the choice of dialog.

We have those. It's called "gaming".

Originally posted by Neil Joshi

micheal j fox. nuff said

MJF doesn't act as much any more, due to his Parkinsons' disease, and he's too old for the role anyway. He'd be good if it was animated, though :).

Archived